Beta-Lapachone as a NQO1 regulator > NAD+/NADH increase

beta-lapachone beta lapachone nad+ nadh nqo1 lifespan healthspan

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#121 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

I dont see why it would be a concern knowing we have vivo results very well documented

Btw, if anyone is interested for me organizing a group buy, send me private message, I will try to arrange 220$ per gram (without shipping and if we succeed to make a group for at least 10 grams), i could then ship it to you from france or usa if more buyer from there...

#122 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

I attempted to include a photo of my new beta lapachone but Longecity won't allow this, or I don't know the protocol of

how to do it. If someone can explain how to post a photo I will do so.

Anyway, I have received 5.3 g of pure beta lapachone. These are rough crystals, NMR tested. I am keeping 2g, 2 are available for purchase at 500 per gram,

for research purposes.   My colleague Vince Giuliano is experimenting with formulations to make it more bioavailable.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

I attempted to include a photo of my new beta lapachone but Longecity won't allow this, or I don't know the protocol of

how to do it. If someone can explain how to post a photo I will do so.

Anyway, I have received 5.3 g of pure beta lapachone. These are rough crystals, NMR tested. I am keeping 2g, 2 are available for purchase at 500 per gram,

for research purposes.   My colleague Vince Giuliano is experimenting with formulations to make it more bioavailable.

Wow, cocaine and heroin cost far less hahaha.

I might be interested, I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

Edited by Nate-2004, 27 January 2017 - 08:55 PM.

• Agree x 1

#124 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

will make stock here in france and will make third part test for purity by HPLC, since sigma has standard, its shoulnt be up to 250€ for a test. Then I would divide the price if everyone wants some grams. it should be more 250$ / g with the testing done

Btw, to age or not to age, could you work to make beta lapachone approved as supplement instead of R&D use only wich is so limited to promote the product and make it capsule form for instance

#125 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Hi Andre count me in definitely

DD

#126 mrkosh1

• 232 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

What is the CD value of beta lapachone?

The CD value is the value that doubles NQO1.

I've read that the CD value of sulforaphane can be as low as .2

• like x 1

#127 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

so we are 3 people for now, best would be if we are at least 10 to cut the price

#128 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:13 AM

When taking NAD boosters supplementing MOLYBDENUM low dose could be beneficial since prime levels effect gene expression in a positive way?

#129 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

so we are 3 people for now, best would be if we are at least 10 to cut the price

I would be interested

#130 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

When taking NAD boosters supplementing MOLYBDENUM low dose could be beneficial since prime levels effect gene expression in a positive way?

Can anyone tell me if this is true?

#131 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

I would be interested

Hi guys & gals

We're almost half way there. Only 6 more and we'll be testing this promising youth regeneration substance for the benefit of the entire Longecity community !

Cheers,

DareDevil

• Agree x 1

#132 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Let me update my experience with Beta lapachone. I have been taking 15-20 mg per day (with days off) since the fall. 

No side effects that I can see. I feel well. The chemists who synthesized the BL are getting a  bulk quote

for a key ingredient - so, if the price comes down, we will be able to make it available at a lower price.

It has come to my attention in one paper I have read, that if Hydroxypropyl beta - cyclodextrin is mixed with

beta lapachone, bioavailability is increased.  We are looking into this now because the main stickler is price;

if less beta lapachone needs to be taken in order to achieve a positive effect, that would help. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#133 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

Thanks To Age or Not To Age !

This gives hope to those here who wish to try B-L sometime in 2017.

It sounds like the Magic Bullet for increasing available NAD+

Given unpleasant side-effects from taking 250mg of Nicotinamide Riboside, switching to beta-Lapachone would make NR redundant:  NAD+ would be generated even more directly.

The news of adding Hydroxopropyl-beta-cyclodextrin as a B-L potentiator is encouraging, it could help to reduce the vertiginous price of daily B-L dosing. Because beta-Lapachone sounds like a continuous use supplement, versus other high-priced substances only taken episodically, leaving less deep an imprint in our health expenditures. 

It is likely that the limited participation so far generated at Longecity is due to the high cost involved, as there are less effective but much cheaper alternative solutions. We're looking forward to your research friends' efforts to source raw materials at a lower price-point, and hope for something in the pipeline in the near future? There might be a surge in interest for beta-Lapachone supplementation once daily dosage becomes more affordable.

Cheers,

DareDevil

• Agree x 3
  • like x 1

#134 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lapachone caused exhaustion of NAD+. Be careful with the herb remedies.
NAD+ precursors are the way to go.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../?i=1&from=nad
  • Ill informed x 4
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#135 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Lapachone caused exhaustion of NAD+. Be careful with the herb remedies.
NAD+ precursors are the way to go.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../?i=1&from=nad

No not at all. Please read back all the discussion done here... Beta lapachone increase NAD+ in vivo and increase lifespan in a way much more impressive than the study done with NR... it acts as an anti cancer in cancer cell only by playing on the NQO1 gene and then decrease the NAD+... but ONLY in cancer cell lines

• Good Point x 1

#136 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

I don't see it anywhere in the paper that said the effect is specific to cancer cells. I
  • Ill informed x 2

#137 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Sure its in the tons of others paper on beta lapachone... Again read this topic fully before to ask questions already replied.

Thank you

Btw, im still looking to found anyone able to provide pure beta lapachone ?

#138 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Tom as I  mentioned on Longecity; I had around 10 grams produced (97%pure) and tested over the past year+.  After you purchase the main component, pay the chemist, and have each batch tested, sometimes more than once;  The price is still high 250+ per gram - and this is the minimum cost to produce. Then deliver it adds a bit more.  The only way it is practical is to get together several people - at least -  who want to buy something like 50 or 100 grams.Then you won't be wasting time trying to get the chemists to put it at the top of list of things to do. It's hard to get good service when you're paying the chemists less than what they would like. And, in order to get a better price for the ingredients you have to by more. One other thing, buying the finished product  beta lapachone from China is very risky in terms of quality.  You may get one good batch and then a bad one.  Good luck trying to get your money back in that event.

• Agree x 1

#139 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

Lapachone actually dicreses NAD+ and cause NAD+ exhaustion in the paper I posted earlier.
It is not specific to cancer cells. It is specific to NQO1.
  • Ill informed x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • dislike x 1

#140 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

I have a bad NQ01 gene. If I upregulate it would I increase my cancer risk?

normally the opposite as beta lapachone was mainly studied as anti cancer drug: http://www.nature.co...icles/srep07769 or http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12188909

Seems cytotoxic only in cancer cell

Incorrect. It is toxic to all cells. It causes more damage in cancer cells when NQO1 is over expressed.
It is a toxin that causes depletion of NAD+.
  • Ill informed x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • dislike x 1

#141 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Mike DC has got to go. He knows jack. His blather demeans this website. 

• Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#142 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:14 PM

We have many thread pumping toxic supplements that is not any good for human health.
  • dislike x 4
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#143 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lapachone actually dicreses NAD+ and cause NAD+ exhaustion in the paper I posted earlier.
It is not specific to cancer cells. It is specific to NQO1.

Sorry 'Mike DC" but you are a troll... and a bad one. What you write here is just a way to mislead people knowing you didnd read anything about the topic and you oblige us to correct your fake bold statement.

I explained you already to get back and see studies in this thread but you prefer to continue to troll and post non sense "it is cytotoxic in all cells because they tested in cancer cell line in this study, and not in normal cell line, so it means its toxic". How on earth its possible to make such statement ?

And guess what, there is studies that tested this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/12598645 :" Selective killing of cancer cells by beta -lapachone: direct checkpoint activation as a strategy against cancer.

Most chemotherapeutic drugs kill cancer cells by indirectly activating checkpoint-mediated apoptosis after creating nonselective damage to DNA or microtubules, which accounts for their toxicity toward normal cells. We seek to target cancer cells by directly activating checkpoint regulators without creating such damage. Here, we show that beta-lapachone selectively induces apoptosis in cancer cells without causing the death of nontransformed cells in culture. This unusual selectivity against cancer cells is preceded by activation of S-phase checkpoint and selective induction of E2F1, a regulator of checkpoint-mediated apoptosis. This study suggests direct checkpoint activation as a strategy against cancer."

impressive isnt ? Actually not and :

beta lapachone activate NQO1 and increase NAD+ and increased lifespan in mice https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3469505/

also similar result here: http://www.nature.co...otcallback=true

and read first page

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#144 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

I know there are positive studies. But based on that paper. It reduces NAD+. Even though it doesn't kill normal cells, it causes harm to normal cells.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#145 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

I know there are positive studies. But based on that paper. It reduces NAD+. Even though it doesn't kill normal cells, it causes harm to normal cells.

where do you see that exacly ? Look if you cant read a paper because you just dont understand, then I think its better to just dont so you avoid also others people to loose their time isnt ?

• Agree x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#146 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

"β-Lapachone's therapeutic efficacy partially stems from the drug's induction of a futile NQO1-mediated redox cycle that causes high levels of superoxide, then peroxide formation, which damages DNA and causes hyperactivation of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP), resulting in extensive NAD+/ATP depletion."

Didn't you see this? I know cancer cells might have more NQO1. But this mechanism is still valid with normal cells.
  • Ill informed x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#147 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• Topic Starter
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

"β-Lapachone's therapeutic efficacy partially stems from the drug's induction of a futile NQO1-mediated redox cycle that causes high levels of superoxide, then peroxide formation, which damages DNA and causes hyperactivation of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP), resulting in extensive NAD+/ATP depletion."

Didn't you see this? I know cancer cells might have more NQO1. But this mechanism is still valid with normal cells.

I already told you this is in pancreatic cancer cells, not normal cells. And I even spent time to send you link to show oppositve mechanism in normal cells... I give up, its my last reply here. You poluted this topic so much. Please just go post your stuff elsewhere. Thanks for your understanding

Edited by Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi), 24 September 2017 - 08:39 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta-lapachone, beta lapachone, nad+, nadh, nqo1, lifespan, healthspan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users