• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HarbourValley

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hello to everyone!

I have 30 years old and I am a male.

My condition: "brain fog" for more than 10 years. Writing this post, I remembered that in 2005 I told someone that sometimes I don't know if I live in a dream or in reality. I couldnt tell you if I had the brain fog in the high school .

I just thought that was just depression, but even without the depression in my head, I still feel completely disconnected from this world.

More symptoms:

- feeling clumsy

- procrastination

- Inattention

- poor focus abilities

- Impassivity (sometimes)

- fast changes of moods

- lack of motivation

- lack of energy

I don't know if this is a problem:

I have problems saying which right and which left, without thinking for a couple of seconds.

I have problems hearing big numbers. If you would tell me: write the number 1.943.496, I would ask you the repeat the number for at least on more time - I remember about this thing was a problem for me in the 3rd grade, when I  took 3 D's in my math class at this object: writing on paper big numbers which your teacher was telling you. I cant seem the hear/remember all the numbers which form the big number.

I've read about people curing their brain fog using paleo diet and the other symptoms, but I don't know if they had the brain fog for more than a couple weeks/months.

All that symptoms that I listed will indicate probably ADD, but I've read on the Internet that this thing could be because of food allergies (gluten/dairy), lack of vitamins/minerals and I just want your opinion.

For a couple of months I was manly vegan (occasionally I ate dairy, meat)

For 2 months I took of completely meat/dairy.

For 3 weeks (minus 1 days after 2 weeks) I took of gluten(all grains+rice+potatoes)/sugar/processed foods/rice/vegatal oils/. I still continue this exclusion of gluten/sugar/processed foods. ... maybe, maybe I find something...

I don't have digestion problems (only if I eat manly meat - I get constipated), I am not overweight, I have the blood tests of a 10 year old - they are perfect. (the usual blood tests - sugar level, cholesterol etc etc etc)

I haven't been to a psychiatrist... yet.

Any suggestions regarding my brain fog? :)

P.S. Sorry for this post, without head or tale. And my 1st language is not English.

Edited by HarbourValley, 07 January 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#2 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

I've had the same symptoms that you describe for years as well, altough the causes could be different.
I'm taking several supplements to adress other issues but what I believe works best in my case for brain fog is noopept and alpha-gpc.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 HarbourValley

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Can you say that you don't feel the brain fog or just that you improved your situation with x%? :)

#4 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

Both seem the same to me lol.
I no longer feel the brain fog (or spaced out feeling) when I take Noopept and Alpha GPC so I definitely improved my situation. [emoji3]
The reason why I suspect Noopept and Alpha GPC helping with my brain fog is because whenever I don't take them I don't feel as sharp and I start to space out.

However, as I mentionned I'm taking several supplements/nootropics to repair/improve my cognitive functions and all helped tremendously. I went from being anxious with severe brain fog to socially outgoing with sustained performance.

Full stack below:

Day: NAC, B6 (P5P), B12 (methylcobalamin), Vit C, MSM, Trimethylglycine, Myo-Inositol, Curcumin/Piperine, Alpha GPC, Noopept, Mildronate, Mexidol (as needed only/cycling)

Night: NAC, B6 (P5P), B12 (methylcobalamin), Vit C, Vit D, Zinc Picolinate, Magnesium Bisglycinate, MSM, Trimethylglycine, Myo-Inositol, Curcumin/Piperine, Melatonin, L-Theanine, Bacopa Monierri, Ashwagandha, Lion's Mane, Valerian root, Mildronate

Edited by hdl_1, 08 January 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#5 Examfit Nootropic Formula

• 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

I agree with HDL_1 - Noopept and alpha-GPC is defenitely the weapon of choice when it comes to brainfod (that is why we designed our formula with both). 

The possible reasons you are experiencing clouding of consiousness (I copy what I wrote in some other thread): 

1.) It might be that you suffer from leaking gut - toxins and non-disintegrated particles are flowing direct to your bloodstream (burdening your liver, kidneys and finally your brain). 
2.)It might be hormonal balances - this is seen especially in women ... but also in men if you have overexpressed aromatase (converting testosterone to estrogen) this can get you in depressive or indifferent mode. It might be that you have high cortisol, have you test it? What about hypothyroidism, test that also.
3.)Often people with that have low GABA (try with supplementation) or glutamate problems, overexcited neurons, problems with depolarisation (since we cannot test this, you can only self-test it). Stack it with Mg (best if magnesium-l-threonate) to buffer overexcited. There is homeostasis between Ca and Mg ions in in our neurons, constantly jumping from arousal to relaxation...you might have overexcited neurons - nothing ordinarily activates your neurons anymore - and that is why only stims are getting you high - try the opposite approach. Include nootropic and stack caffeine (I wouldn't use glutamate activators such as adderall or ritalin) with adaptogens such as Rhodiola, Schisandra, Panax ginseng, Cordyceps, Aswhagandha...always. 
4.) You didn't tell us a single thing about your lifestyle? You might eating too much sugar, burdening your insulin response. Are you suffering from diabetes and not knowing? On the other hand, are you maybe on paleo/keto/low fat diet? Are brains are made primarily out of phoshpolipids and not consuming enough fat...fail....we mentioned hormones, not consuming enough cholesterol results in low dhea, leading to low test and high cortisol. Do you sleep enough and throughout the whole night? Do you do any sport? 
5.) Are you 100% healthy? Have you been tested for Lyme disease - a friend of mine had a similar symptoms. You must first exclude any autoimmune disease (check you IGG)...there has been multiple cases of people having Sjogren's syndrome - are you experiencing dry mouth? What about allergies - are you taking antihistamines? It has been shown that many of them cause apathy, I remember reading about article how simple paracetamol causes serious apathy...

After everything written above is resolved, try combining noopept, large dose of alpha-GPC, MgT, adaptogens and stimulants (really moderate amount) and see if it helps.

#6 HarbourValley

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

Do you have any more suggestions? :)

#7 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

Probiotics could be another option. Not as popular as nootropics but there is lot of evidence that the gut flora affects brain functioning and may fix a leaky gut (which could be a potential cause to what you experience). I was personally impressed by their effect (got some emotions back, i feel lighter and less tense, head is more clear and relaxed). You could buy a probiotic (bio k, kefir, biogaia for reuteri atcc 6475, etc) and multiply it at home for constant supply. Look on how to make yogourt at home with a conventional oven. You could mix this with some lion's mane for some added relaxing (not sedating) effects and get some bdnf and ngf production going.
Noopept and alpha gpc does great witin this combo.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Edited by hdl_1, 21 January 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#8 valelova

• 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hello,

does this stack help with brainfog from Marijuana? Or do you recommend anything else to add with it?

#9 Alin Samson

• 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

From a encephalographical point of view your,your brain produces way too much theta waves or even delta in the frontal lobes.It could be linked with a lot of causes but I guess also your hygene of life has a certain role in this(less sleep,maybe junk food,not enough vitamins,alchool comsumption).Telling that you have been like this for the last 10 years,I could read also a clear ongoig burnout..Before playing around with all kind of supplements and medication that could alter even more your neurochemistry ,I would suggest to try Neurofeedback.I know it is expensive in some parts of the but could correct a lot of defficiencies.Try to sit down and remember exactly when it's started and what could triggered this anomaly.

My 2 cents...!

#10 HarbourValley

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:06 AM

I did like 20 neurofeedback sessions and I don't see major improvements in this direction.

It helped towards my anger and in some proportion towards my frustrations, but not towards my disconnection from this world.

Its a great tool (it really is), but it didn't towards my major problem.

I don't think I have any gluten sensitivity/intolerance, matter of fact, I don't feel so good after I've tried this diet (a close Paleo Diet).

Now I want to try the noopept and alpha-gpc to see what it happens.

P.S. Anw, I think my disconnection is something due to some past experiences (depression) and something that (dont)happens in my brain.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#11 Examfit Nootropic Formula

• 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Hello,

does this stack help with brainfog from Marijuana? Or do you recommend anything else to add with it?

Studies with racetams have shown great benefits when you try to get rid this "clouding of conscious" which is the most common adverse effect of chronic THC consumption. Beside  cannabinoid receptors which are overkilled now for months (sometimes years, depending on how long and how much were your brain under the artificial cannabinoids) you must stimulate your glutamate receptors.  Glutamate is crucial for learning, rational thinking, processing speed. Noopept or aniracetam stimulates them by binding to glycine "locks" which opens glutamate and your focus goes up :)

Just stack it with alpha-GPC and eat foods with choline (fish, liver..), this will help you with your short term memory issues. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain fog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users