• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

TruNiagen - Potential discount for longecity members

truniagen niagen nicotinamide riboside discount

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: TruNiagen members discount for Longecity (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you purchase TruNiagen if there was a members discount

1. Yes (21 votes [91.30%])

Percentage of vote: 91.30%

2. No (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

Hello.

With the HPN longecity discount no longer active I contacted TruNiagen and spoke with Alex from Chromadex regarding a discount for longecity.org members. He was supportive of the idea but needed to gauge the number of orders they would receive in order to justify the discount - he couldn't say what type of discount could be arranged but I mentioned they would obviously need to beat the best rate by any other retailer which at the moment I believe is HPN on amazon with $79.95 for 180 capsules at 125mg each.

• like x 2

#2 FrankEd

• 148 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Hi onz.

Does TruNiagen can ship its product without fillers added?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

Great idea Onz.

But I don't want to answer the poll question without some indication of what the price might be.

Obviously, you can't know, but maybe you could put a few options with a range of price, so you could collect more info.  Something like:

- If the price was equal to best price found on other brands

- If the price was x % better than best price found on other brands

-If the price was better than retail, but still x% higher than other brands

#4 Gingerbread Man

• 56 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

I would like them to offer a tablet form as well as a capsule. I primarily only use the tablet form now (like Jarrow).

#5 onz

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

Hi onz.

Does TruNiagen can ship its product without fillers added?

Hi Frank. I got the impression their would be no room for customising their products, simply getting the discount seemed challenging based on the conversation because HPN's 180 bottle is already quite competitive.

Great idea Onz.

But I don't want to answer the poll question without some indication of what the price might be.

Obviously, you can't know, but maybe you could put a few options with a range of price, so you could collect more info.  Something like:

- If the price was equal to best price found on other brands

- If the price was x % better than best price found on other brands

-If the price was better than retail, but still x% higher than other brands

This is something I pressed during the conversation but there was no indication or hint of a figure, as they're a large company something like this needs to be tabled in a meeting with multiple stakeholders reaching an agreement  :mellow:

I would like them to offer a tablet form as well as a capsule. I primarily only use the tablet form now (like Jarrow).

It would be the current version of the product.

We currently only have a few votes so it's not looking good for now haha, hopefully it picks up. 

#6 Oakman

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

As of today 408 views on your excellent poll and only 15 people have cast votes. Both numbers are suspiciously low. There must be a reason for this. 

1) People may already have a good supply socked away and not be interested at this point.

2) TruNiagen (Chromadex) pricing/sourcing actions may appear adversarial to current users.

3) Few care anymore (about price) at this point in the product's life cycle.

4) Few care anymore about using Niagen for various reasons.

I think these and other points deserve discussion, not sure if your thread is the place?

#7 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:35 PM

I just don't think many people are interested in paying xx% more just for the TruNiagen name.

We all know it is the exact same ingredient, and most have found suppliers we like.

If they can match, or come very close, to the price I get for HPN, I might be interested, but not until then, no.

Since the poll doesn't have an option for that, and  guess is the group buy would still be significantly higher than HPN,  I'll answer the poll  no for now.

Edited by able, 26 November 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#8 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Count me in!  This brand interests me, so how about some convincing?  ;)

And PS. HPN brand did nothing for me.

#9 YOLF

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:18 AM

Hmmm... HPN is the stuff I bought and didn't see much in the way of visible results from. Did you have better results with another single ingredient brand? Both use Chromadex sourced product though, so unless there is something going on at the packing plant... I think I was actually getting a feeling of over satiation and something else, but that could have been an interaction. I've tried it again since removing all of the serotonergics from my regimen and can't say one way or the other how well it worked at this point, though I didn't have much left...

Anyways, I'm willing to give this stuff another shot if they can beat the HPN price, especially once I find my next job. The research does in fact look every bit as impressive as the viral marketing :) and it doesn't cause the side effects.

#10 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hmmm... HPN is the stuff I bought and didn't see much in the way of visible results from. Did you have better results with another single ingredient brand? Both use Chromadex sourced product though, so unless there is something going on at the packing plant... I think I was actually getting a feeling of over satiation and something else, but that could have been an interaction. I've tried it again since removing all of the serotonergics from my regimen and can't say one way or the other how well it worked at this point, though I didn't have much left...

Anyways, I'm willing to give this stuff another shot if they can beat the HPN price, especially once I find my next job. The research does in fact look every bit as impressive as the viral marketing :) and it doesn't cause the side effects.

Used the MAAC10 and it worked great. Now it seems to be discontinued and they are pushing the NMN which doesn't seem to do anything. (Although now I have sudden onset of neck and arm nerve pain. Coincidental? Dunno...  Also someone may have mentioned MAAC10 losing their permission to sell Chromadex.)  I have a new bottle arriving of the NMN and feel like it was a waste of money. Boo hiss MAAC10. 

Oh and MAAC10 customer service sucks. I emailed them out of concern when I couldn't get my hands on the Niagen and they never responded.

Edited by katrina, 29 November 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#11 YOLF

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

Used the MAAC10 and it worked great. Now it seems to be discontinued and they are pushing the NMN which doesn't seem to do anything. (Although now I have sudden onset of neck and arm nerve pain. Coincidental? Dunno...  Also someone may have mentioned MAAC10 losing their permission to sell Chromadex.)  I have a new bottle arriving of the NMN and feel like it was a waste of money. Boo hiss MAAC10. 

Oh and MAAC10 customer service sucks. I emailed them out of concern when I couldn't get my hands on the Niagen and they never responded.

You could go off it for a week and see if the pain goes away. Then try it again. That's what I do when I think I'm having sides.

This stuff is direct from the source and presumably the best you're going to get. It's more expensive than most of the dozens of other supplements that I take, so I haven't wanted to risk the purchase of another brand if it's not going to perform.

#12 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:56 AM

Count me in! This brand interests me, so how about some convincing? ;)

Used the MAAC10 and it worked great. Now it seems to be discontinued and they are pushing the NMN which doesn't seem to do anything. (Although now I have sudden onset of neck and arm nerve pain. Coincidental? Dunno... Also someone may have mentioned MAAC10 losing their permission to sell Chromadex.) I have a new bottle arriving of the NMN and feel like it was a waste of money. Boo hiss MAAC10.

You could go off it for a week and see if the pain goes away. Then try it again. That's what I do when I think I'm having sides.

This stuff is direct from the source and presumably the best you're going to get. It's more expensive than most of the dozens of other supplements that I take, so I haven't wanted to risk the purchase of another brand if it's not going to perform.

Yeah yolf that's what I am doing. On Amazon they make you buy no less than 2 bottles of the Tru stuff. The main reason I am hesitating.
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#13 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

The HPN discount has been perpetual for awhile now, incase no one was paying attention. I just checked the links and they are still active. Discounts are basically quantity related, so the price of entry can be steep for some. I also explored this same discount strategy with TruNiagen and they were open to the idea until they looked at HPN's per gram LongeCity member price.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: truniagen, niagen, nicotinamide riboside, discount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users