Cannabinoid System

(cb1 and cb2 receptors)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:01 AM

Hello. Can someone give me help me out.. I have so many genes for low functioning Cannabinoid System which I believe has lead to an enlarged amygdala.

SNP>

rs1049353 linked to the gene CNR1. Your genotype is TT, which is observed in 3% of all individuals reported.  

• The T allele may cause lower CB1 receptor numbers and less CB1 activation, although this has not been experimentally confirmed (R).
  • With this variation, the receptors also don't become significantly less sensitive when activated (R)

rs7766029 CC 18%

rs806377 CC 26%

Then I got these Genes>

CRHR1 gene

Corticotrophin release hormone receptor 1 (CRHR1) is a receptor for the hormone CRH. Antalarmin blocks this receptor.

CRHR1 promotes anxiety in part by reducing cannabinoids in our amygdala. This happens when CRHR1 activation increases FAAH in the amygdala, which causes a reduction in the endocannabinoid anandamide (AEA).

Diseases associated with CRHR1 include generalized anxiety disorder, IBS, obesity and depression (RR2). CRHcauses fear and anxiety (RR2) via CRHR1 (R) and major depression (R)

CNR1

CB1 receptors are found in particularly high density in the hippocampus and amygdala.

It's better to have this gene increased most of the time.

Chronic stress in mice without CB1 receptors show an enlarged fear center or amygdala (dendrites) ®. In humans, regular cannabis use can effectively dampen activation of the amygdala in response to stressful conditions ®.

I believe all these Cannabinoid  mutations added up and causing my anxiety . People usually just have 1 of these mutations but I got multipel... Please help how do I fix this ??

Edited by farshad, 19 February 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

I made a list gathered from selfhacked site that I will try to increase my cannabinoid system

cb1

Galantamine
 Butyrate
Tylenol
Kava

Genistein

EGCg

Honokiol

Fish oil/DHA

cb2

Echinacea
Diindolylmethane
Lactobacillus acidophilus

Edited by farshad, 19 February 2018 - 07:00 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

Maca is a FAAH-inhibitor

Black pepper is an endocannabinoid uptake inhibitor

Kava agonizes CB1 and increases GABA-A receptors in amygdala thus inhibiting its activity

• Informative x 1

#4 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

thanks for the info.

I just took some inositol low dose and Holy shit do I feel happy..... It increases Cannabinoid function. I was expecting less anxiety which I did get but I feel like I also took a dose of phenibut.

Edited by farshad, 19 February 2018 - 09:49 AM.

#5 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

whats the half life of inositol anyone know?

also whats the d aspartic acid half life? I might just take d aspartic acid instead or pure NMDA.. Since the cannabinoid reduces fear/anxiety by activating the NMDA system I think. Because there is no effective way to increase the cannabinoid system or increase the amount of cannabinoid CB1/cb2 receptors. 

And since low activity cannabinoid system is linked to enlarged amygdala and if I somehow fix it how long will it take for my enlarged amygdala to go back to normal size? is that possible?

#6 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Careful with the tylenol.  Even moderate doses of that stuff consumed routinely can be hell on your liver.  Particularly if you consume alcohol.

• Informative x 1

#7 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:06 AM

I made a list gathered from selfhacked site that I will try to increase my cannabinoid system

cb1

Galantamine
 Butyrate
Tylenol
Kava

Genistein

EGCg

Honokiol

Fish oil/DHA

cb2

Echinacea
Diindolylmethane

Galantamine, tylenol, butyrate, kava, genistein, egcg, honokiol, fish oil, dha, echinacea, dim, la, etc are all not potent enough to have any meaningful positive effect.

You want CB1 stimulation you need THC ideally with CBD. So you can legally get a 4:1 ratio of Hemp CBD oil in nearly any state or if you're in a recreation state just get it there.

Maca is a FAAH-inhibitor

Kava agonizes CB1 and increases GABA-A receptors in amygdala thus inhibiting its activity

All relatively unpotent.

Careful with the tylenol.  Even moderate doses of that stuff consumed routinely can be hell on your liver.  Particularly if you consume alcohol.

Yes. If you're going to take it don't have any alcohol or liver heavy drugs and take it with NAC which is the FDA prescribed antidote.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

cb1

Galantamine
 Butyrate
Tylenol
Kava

Genistein

EGCg

Honokiol

Fish oil/DHA

cb2

Echinacea
Diindolylmethane

Galantamine, tylenol, butyrate, kava, genistein, egcg, honokiol, fish oil, dha, echinacea, dim, la, etc are all not potent enough to have any meaningful positive effect.

You want CB1 stimulation you need THC ideally with CBD. So you can legally get a 4:1 ratio of Hemp CBD oil in nearly any state or if you're in a recreation state just get it there.

Maca is a FAAH-inhibitor

All relatively unpotent.

Yes. If you're going to take it don't have any alcohol or liver heavy drugs and take it with NAC which is the FDA prescribed antidote.

hmm is tylenol potent then?

what does it mean thc with cbd? like weed? I thought marijuana decreased CB1?

#9 Ruth

• 114 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

"1.Cannabinoid CB1 receptors (CB1R) and serotonergic 2A receptors (5HT2AR) form heteromers in the brain of mice where they mediate the cognitive deficits produced by delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. However, it is still unknown whether the expression of this heterodimer is modulated by chronic cannabis use in humans. In this study, we investigated the expression levels and functionality of CB1R-5HT2AR heteromers in human olfactory neuroepithelium (ON) cells of cannabis users and control subjects, and determined their molecular characteristics through adenylate cyclase and the ERK 1/2 pathway signaling studies. We also assessed whether heteromer expression levels correlated with cannabis consumption and cognitive performance in neuropsychological tests. ON cells from controls and cannabis users expressed neuronal markers such as βIII-tubulin and nestin, displayed similar expression levels of genes related to cellular self-renewal, stem cell differentiation, and generation of neural crest cells, and showed comparable Na+ currents in patch clamp recordings. Interestingly, CB1R-5HT2AR heteromer expression was significantly increased in cannabis users and positively correlated with the amount of cannabis consumed, and negatively with age of onset of cannabis use. In addition, a negative correlation was found between heteromer expression levels and attention and working memory performance in cannabis users and control subjects. Our findings suggest that cannabis consumption regulates the formation of CB1R-5HT2AR heteromers, and may have a key role in cognitive processing. These heterodimers could be potential new targets to develop treatment alternatives for cognitive impairments."

2.Neurogenesis is influenced by various external factors such as enriched environments. Some researchers had postulated that neurogenesis has contributed to the hippocampal learning and memory. This project was designed to observe the effect of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (∆9-THC) in cognitive performance that influenced by the neurogenesis. Different doses of ∆9-THC were used for observing the neurogenesis mechanism occurs in the hippocampus of rats. The brains were stained with antibodies, namely BrdU, glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP), nestin, doublecortin (DCX) and class III β-tubulin (TuJ-1). The cognitive test was used novel-object discrimination test (NOD) while the proteins involved, DCX and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), were measured. Throughout this study, ∆9-THC enhanced the markers involved in all stages of neurogenesis mechanism. Simultaneously, the cognitive behaviour of rat also showed improvement in learning and memory functions observed in behavioural test and molecular perspective. Administration of ∆9-THC was observed to enhance the neurogenesis in the brain, especially in hippocampus thus improved the cognitive function of rats.
Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.

Ref:
1.https://link.springe...2035-017-0833-7
2.https://link.springe...2640-017-9806-x
3.https://patents.goog....com/article/10

#10 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

so it does increase? longterm too?

So what type of weed do I take? I dont know much about weed .. are there different types? which one should I go for to increase cb1? thc? cbd oil? marijuana?? can someone explain

#11 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

So which one increases CB1/cb2? thc or CBD?

thc and cbd is found in marijuana right? And marijuana, weed, cannabis and pot are all the same thing right? just different names? 

(sorry im complete noob to this dont know anything)

ALso what is cbd oil? is that same as cbd just a different way of taking it?

Are there any other important important ingredients in marijuana? or just these 2 that been studied the most?

should I just go with marijuana   instead of just going with  only thc or cbd? just to make sure im getting all the benefits for my cannabinoid system?

So for me the best way would be to take marijuana   pills Low dosage once a day? Does marijuana   have a long half life?

Edited by farshad, 24 February 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#12 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Earlier research has found that chronic THC treatment decreases the amount of CB1 receptors expressed in a cell. In the science world, this is called downregulation.

so Marijuana ony increases it initially but long term decreases?? can someone explain this 

#13 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

Does increasing CB1 with thc also increase Anandamide? What is Anandamide? and what is FAAH? can someone give me a brief explanation? 

If I wanna increase all cannabinoid stuff related how do I do that? will Marijuana increase FAAH , ananadamide, and cb1 and cb2? and these are all the receptors in the cannabinoid system right?  If I have low amount of cannabinoid receptors and low activity what should I do? are there  drug agonists specifically for this problem?

#14 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

CBD oil/full spectrum hemp oil is full of  natural cannabinoid compounds that affect your cannabinoid system.

It is low in THC so it is legal and does not cause anxiety/psychosis that can happen with Marijuana consumption. It does also have anxiolytic properties.

many people with mental health problems(including myself) do not regret trying this stuff.

do not combine with psych drugs without consulting a doctor first.

brief explanation of marijuna vs. CBD:

Cannabis is full of various cannabinoids, one of them is THC. THC is the cannabinoid that causes the high effect of cannabis, can be addictive is also believed to have medical properties. the fact that it gets you high makes it illegal. It is also believed to increase anxiety and psychosis in some people.

CBD is another cannabinoid that does not make you high and is not addictive. It is believed to have healing properties and it is legal. Full spectrum hemp oil is hemp oil that is low in THC and thus legal and not addictive. It contains CBD and many other cannabinoid compounds. Some say full spectrum is more effective than pure CBD oil.

Basically all types have healing properties. Some say THC is required and most potent. Others say THC is harmful, especially for mental health conditions.

Edited by hydrus, 25 February 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#15 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

but according to some sites ive read it says THC is the one responsible for increase CB1 which is Want I want. and CBD blocks cb1....

#16 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

I guess individual results will vary. Personally I find THC more potent without doubt but my first anxiety attacks I had were due to overdoing cannabis, it kind of has a mentally destabilising effect on me. I am not the only one who experienced this. I can take CBD every day without adverse effects but I could not tolerate THC every day I think.

THC can be a problem if you suffer from psychosis, anxiety or depersonalisation. No one can predict how you will respond to it, maybe it helps maybe not but for some it can be  a problem.

Edited by hydrus, 26 February 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#17 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

ok so what other cannabinoids are there? Are thc and CBD the only 2 well known in marijuana?

Edited by farshad, 26 February 2018 - 02:23 PM.

#18 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

ok so what other cannabinoids are there? Are thc and CBD the only 2 well known in marijuana?

i think there are many cannabinoids in the plant not all are understood well but it is believed they have healing properties as well.

#19 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

CBN is known for its neuroticizing, dysphoric, even derealizing effects.  THCV is known to inhibit short-term memory and promote anxiety.  when talking of the lesser cannabinoids, it is certainly not all "healing properties".  even medical cannabis has no quality control, it has been bred fairly randomly.  between batches, between strains, of what is measured, little is known.  pair that up with yourself, another relative unknown, and you have yourself a science experiment in the making!  i would only recommend cbd to someone already hooked on the bad stuff.  are you taking magnesium, have you grabbed the low-hanging fruit yet?

• Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#20 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:55 AM

no i dont take magnesium.. are there any cannabinoids in the marjiuana plant that can increase faah, anandamide and 2-ag ? cus im loooking for full cannabinoid support for my system

But I was thinking Low dose Marijuana edibles once a day. does that sound good? 

#21 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:45 PM

no i dont take magnesium.. are there any cannabinoids in the marjiuana plant that can increase faah, anandamide and 2-ag ? cus im loooking for full cannabinoid support for my system

I think it's a bad idea, judging from your posts you have quite some problems with your brain already. Marijuana can make those much worse- even induce psychosis.

• Agree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#22 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

I think it's a bad idea, judging from your posts you have quite some problems with your brain already. Marijuana can make those much worse- even induce psychosis.

Agreed.

People need to remember that Farshad has Autism, and that he is actually STILL partially in denial about that being the source of his problems with anxiety.

If you're going to suggest modulation of the cannabinoid system, you need to take this into account, and only post studies on Autism relating to the cannabinoid system and perhaps even clinical trials with various forms of cannabis or synthetic cannabinoids, and whether or not these make sense.

As far as I know, there's nothing to suggest that it makes any sense - there's also the problem that SOME Autistic people are even misdiagnosed! Some of them, have in reality got a form of Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder, which would make utilizing direct agonists of the CB-system very problematic.

SO... what evidence is there that Cannabinoids are useful for the treatment of the symptoms of Autism? And what evidence is there that they help with CBT-conditioning for instance, to improve stress-tolerance, for an Autistic trying to cope with the inexplicable behaviour of neurotypicals?

#23 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

i dont have autism they misdiagnosed me like I told you the first time I mentioned it. Low CB system is linked to enlarged amygdala. And activating the NMDA surpressed the amygdala. Memantine helped me because it acts on the NMDA receptor even tho it blocks it I still felt anxiety relief because it changed my nmda system and affected my amygdala.    

here are my other 2 cannabinoid genes that were marked as red flag on Selfdecode:

description( Contains Risk Alleles) https://www.selfdecode.com/gene/crhr1/

desc(Contains Risk Alleles / Potentially bad gene) https://www.selfdecode.com/gene/cnr1/

and   https://www.selfdeco.../snp/rs1049353/ (TT) SO I have 3 different mutations (bad low) in my cannabinoid system 

All these is causing me to have a very dysfunctional CB system. And overtime has lead me to have more serotonin then the average person because during stress serotonin  increases in the brain.

#24 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

THC can trigger psychosis/anxiety. CBD is researched as a treatment of psychosis.

• like x 1

#25 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

I made a list of things I wanna try for my CB system.

Galantamine
Oleamide 
Palmitoylethanolamide 
Resistant starch 
Maca
Black pepper
Fish oil/DHA
Agmatine 
DIM
KAVA
Echinacea
Butyric Acid
Ruta Graveolens
Acmella Oleracea 
helichrysum umbraculigerum 

things I have tried that didnt work:

genistein
egcg
magnolia bark (honokil)

things that worked:

inositol

anyway thats a lot of spending money to do... should I just skip them like the other guy said they are too weak and just go with CBD oil??

And which ones on the To-Try list are the most potent would u guys say? so I can just try them instead  of the weaker endocannabinoid supplements.

I made a new list, is this better removed some things I thought is weak

Butyric Acid

KAVA

Diindolylmethane

Agmatine

Maca

Black pepper

Galantamine

Oleamide

Palmitoylethanolamide

Edited by farshad, 28 February 2018 - 08:30 PM.

#26 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

i mean i'm not saying "take magnesium", i've only read a handful of your posts.  i'm not a doctor.  i have no idea what's going on

but i mean look at your last post man.  it's a mile long, sore on the eyes, filled with things that might help with something that you might have.  i would just try sticking to the low hanging fruits.  a lot of stuff mentioned here is

All relatively unpotent.

People need to remember that Farshad has Autism

what are you smoking. he's schizotypal. you have borderline.  and i have it all, looks, money, intelligence.

the thing about him that just screams negative schizophrenia imo is how convinced he is of some illness but how instinctively he gawks at anyone claiming to have solutions, and then his mind hops right back onto one of his many trains.  these non autistic traits are often the more associated with maladjusted emotional states and stress responses.  and there are other ways to tell them apart, pretty sure we've had this conversation

• Disagree x 1

#27 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

i mean i'm not saying "take magnesium", i've only read a handful of your posts.  i'm not a doctor.  i have no idea what's going on

but i mean look at your last post man.  it's a mile long, sore on the eyes, filled with things that might help with something that you might have.  i would just try sticking to the low hanging fruits.  a lot of stuff mentioned here is

People need to remember that Farshad has Autism

what are you smoking. he's schizotypal. you have borderline.  and i have it all, looks, money, intelligence.

the thing about him that just screams negative schizophrenia imo is how convinced he is of some illness but how instinctively he gawks at anyone claiming to have solutions, and then his mind hops right back onto one of his many trains.  these non autistic traits are often the more associated with maladjusted emotional states and stress responses.  and there are other ways to tell them apart, pretty sure we've had this conversation

Hmm, well, I won't say it's an unreasonable diagnosis! There is, after all, as previously stated, quite a bit of misdiagnosis when it comes to those on the Schizophrenic Spectrum - I don't think we've had much in the way of discussion regarding how to tell them apart though? If you know of some of the major differences on the two groups which are relatively easy to spot with a bit of training, then I'm definitively all ears, man!

The two major things I personally know of, is that Schizo-spec' are generally more inclined to be paranoid, while Autistics can be too trusting instead - there's also the sensory abnormalities - as I understand it, schizo-spec's have different abnormalities here, and do not have super-sensitivity in touch, smell, sight or hearing (or sub-sensitivity for that matter), whereas Austism-spec definitively does.

A rather interesting discussion this, upon closer consideration!

As a side-note... our friend Farshad has mentioned how an Atypical Antispychotic WAS THE ONLY THING THAT GAVE HIM *ROBUST* ALLEVIATION OF ANXIETY! 0_o

That's certainly another point towards Schizotypality, I must admit.

#28 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

I do not think  negative schiz people would keep trying so hard to get better? Not an apathic trait.. A lot of negative schiz people do not do anything or even do not think they have a problem.

I do not think there is a such a thing as an anxiety delusion. If you experience it you have it. There is nothing delusional about believing your anxiety is due to biochemical causes. Most people here assume their problems are caused by biochemical mechanisms.

Edited by hydrus, 01 March 2018 - 10:15 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#29 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Take some Kava and chill fellas

• Cheerful x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:59 AM

I do not think  negative schiz people would keep trying so hard to get better? Not an apathic trait.. A lot of negative schiz people do not do anything or even do not think they have a problem.

The dread-locked hippie is only one stereotype.  Doesn't have to be extremely apathetic if he has other traits.  A lot of these people do think they have a problem, it's just they also often don't think others have a solution.  You just haven't been around these personalities if you present it as all magical thinking and laying around sketched out your mind.  They have guts, they have patience.  Common sense we can talk about.

Affective psychosis plays tricks on your mind, you might literally think you're dying when things are okay and you can deny your anxiety when it is at its worst.  Likewise the line between hard science and superstition is easily blurred, you may think you have this or that and anxiety is a part of it and something is a solution and it's all well justified.

But if the data coming in keeps changing directions where does your quest lead?  If you keep chasing something better what peace have you really found?  Your truth today is as useless tomorrow as yesterday's was today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users