Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mentatpsi

• 904 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:01 AM

I am trying to continue using Piracetam but i find it always gives me brain fog, even minute quantities of Piracetam with mega doses of Alpha GPC and/or Lecithin. I believe it is the fact that i stacked it with so many things that i no longer get the pure effects (i'm uncertain if this is psychological or biological) i got in the beginning nor any of the results everyone else is preaching

Previous Stacks alongside Piracetam:

DMAE (after that it all went downhill leading me to theorize that DMAE has anticholinergic properties like believed or does when taken on and off too many times)
ACh precursors (went from regular Choline bitarate to A-GPC to Lecitihin)
Aniracetam (made things much worse)
Hydergine [which is the only good combination with Piracetam (nootropic wise) there is IMO]
Alongside herbal regiments (from stimulants to clarity enhancers)

I thought i needed to attack dose once more and when i did so i got such a massive headache the likes which i have never felt before in my life lol

I now find it intensifying OCD type behavors, resulting in Brain fog no matter how much ACh i take with it.

It works perfectly during its half life point though over production of Alpha waves (measured by neurofeedback EEG). I have tried getting off of it for a period of a week and returned to it today (with a dosage below 200 mg) to see if anything happened, subsequant brain fog (though combined with rhodiola rosea), my theory that it reduces serotonin levels might be inaccurate as it seems to intensify serotonin (which for all i know would lower serotonin levels as a balance mechanism).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by mysticpsi, 14 December 2007 - 09:28 PM.

#2 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:34 AM

Maybe the racetams just aren't for you? Have you tried having coffee or green tea with the piracetam & choline combo?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:52 AM

Try to stop what you're taking now for about 1-2 weeks and start again, adding 1 thing at a time for 1 week, then another the next week and so on.
Sometimes it's hard to find the supplement that is causing the problems.

When i started my stack some 2-3 years ago ( alpha-gpc , alcar, piracetam and more) i was dizzy and walking in the fog all day long.I never felt worse in my life then that period.
I tried to counteract things by upping my alcar or alpha-gpc intake, but it just made me feel worse.
After a while i decided to stop taking all those sups,they only gave me brain fog instead of clarity of mind.
Now one month ago i started with Piracetam only, which give my the effects i want.I figured out i only need some extra choline if i have a headache from the piracetam, stacking with alpha-gpc is just no good option for me.

#4 mentatpsi

• Topic Starter
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

Maybe the racetams just aren't for you? Have you tried having coffee or green tea with the piracetam & choline combo?

The first time i tried Piracetam it was like heaven (a bit too high a dosage - 4.8 g - but still). Thoughts came more rapidly, i didn't feel anxious about talking with people. I felt highly creative and poems, movies', and books' meanings came out to me in manner i never thought possible, i even desired to write a book (non fiction) in a topic that alluded me for a bit but began to make sense during it. I dare not speak of the beauty that music began to have and the ecstasies experienced because i'm going to begin sounding like an infomercial lol.

There was too much fluidity for the 2-3 days on it and i stupidly thought to myself that DMAE would counter that in a positive manner (DMAE: Too focused without fluidity + Piracetam: Fluidity ~ focused fluidity?) instead of logically deducing that i should just systematically lower the dosage, it is here that you begin to value the scientific method and the experiences provided on this forum lol.

I would love to get back on piracetam and experience those moments, and as far as coffee with it, i believe so, it takes a lot to get it equal to normal focus w/o brain fog [in the manner of an amount of caffeine (~200 mg) in the morning and then about a shot of espresso an hour after the intake of Piracetam/choline]. The 200 mg of caffeine isn't healthy and required a meditation that i seemed to discover at that moment to dramatically reduce heart rate. Though this was with choline bitarate, i believe caffeine levels could probably be reduced to half if taken with better forms of choline at higher dosages. Good advice, i nearly forgot about this method, will try it soon once finals are over lol.

Try to stop what you're taking now for about 1-2 weeks and start again, adding 1 thing at a time for 1 week, then another the next week and so on.
Sometimes it's hard to find the supplement that is causing the problems.

When i started my stack some 2-3 years ago ( alpha-gpc , alcar, piracetam and more) i was dizzy and walking in the fog all day long.I never felt worse in my life then that period.
I tried to counteract things by upping my alcar or alpha-gpc intake, but it just made me feel worse.
After a while i decided to stop taking all those sups,they only gave me brain fog instead of clarity of mind.
Now one month ago i started with Piracetam only, which give my the effects i want.I figured out i only need some extra choline if i have a headache from the piracetam, stacking with alpha-gpc is just no good option for me.

when you say some extra choline how do you define some, i'm imagining lecithin?
Thanks for the advice i'll try to systematically introduce compounds in a pure state rather than this manner

Edited by mysticpsi, 14 December 2007 - 09:08 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Mr.Bananas

• 108 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Bump

Have you resolved your piracetam issues or did you stop taking it?
I recently stopped taking piracetam since i get really weird and cant think logically at all, i cant plan, i cant solve logical problems, i cant do math...
But i did get great effects the first days i used piracetam, i was hyper, wide awake, no brain fog what so ever! But now its nothing but brain fog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users