• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Stack Submitter

Stack Details

• Submitted: Oct 10 2017 11:43 PM
  • Views: 9163

Longevity/Neuroprotection Stack

collagen nicotinamide riboside pterostilbene magnesium resveratrol alpha lipoic acid acetyl-l carnitine schisandra b-complex ubiquinol pqq areds2 preservision omegaastin vinpocetine turmeric dhea pycnogenol huperzine

Description

I'm 54 years old, female, no health problems -- feel great all the time, no problems sleeping, no aches and pains, blood work is great, not yet menopausal. My mother had dementia (starting mid-70s, died at 89), so I'm very geared toward preventing dementia, and she also had macular degeneration. Of course I also want to look good, so I'm interested in collagen-boosting supplements, and naturally, I want to live as long as possible enjoying the same energy and health I do now, so, more supplements. I'm also vegetarian (for over 30 years - -yes I know collagen isn't vegetarian...I do what I can!), exercise daily, wear sunscreen, use Retin-A (for many years now), non-drinker/smoker/druggie. Not on any prescription meds other than the Retin-A. But...I feel like my stack has gotten unmanageable, and I would love opinions on what I could cut out of it. Or does it look okay? Or can I throw another pill on the pile? lol

Ingredient Dosage Frequency Administration
Collagen 6000 mg Daily Morning on empty stomach
Nicotinamide Riboside 250 mg Daily Morning (part of Basis)
Pterostilbene 50 mg Daily Morning (part of Basis)
Magnesium 200 mg every other day Before bed
Resveratrol 1000 mg Daily Morning
Alpha Lipoic Acid 600 mg Daily Morning
Acetyl-L Carnitine 1000 mg Daily Morning
Schisandra 1.16 gram Daily Morning
B-complex -- Daily Morning
Ubiquinol 200 mg Daily Morning
PQQ 20 mg Daily Morning
AREDS2 Preservision -- -- Contains C, E, Zinc, Copper, Lutein
OmegaAstin -- Daily Morning
Vinpocetine 30 mg Daily Morning
Turmeric 1500 mg Daily Morning
DHEA 25 mg Twice a week Morning
D3 5000 IU Daily Morning
Pycnogenol 100 mg Daily Morning
Huperzine 200 µg Daily Morning

Photo
Adam Karlovsky
Oct 11 2017 03:01 AM

Looks like a killer stack! How do you feel on it? Have you tried going a month without it and making a comparison?

My recommendations: 

- Resveratrol results have been disappointing, and it can be expensive. You could consider dropping it unless you think it makes you feel noticeably better.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid doesn't have to be a daily supplement, maybe just take it when you are particularly stressed or doing something stressful.

- Acetyl-L Carnitine could be dropped back to 100-500 mg per day.
- Schisandra could be dropped, unless you think it makes you feel noticeably better.

- Ubiquinol could be dropped back to once a week. It seems to be useful as a "top up" but likely not worth a daily supplement unless you're on statins.

- Vinpocetine could be dropped, unless you think it makes you feel noticeably better.
- Turmeric can be switched to a cheap curcumin + piperine supplement. e.g. Doctor's Best

+ Methylene Blue, a low dose (1-10 mg diluted in water, drunk over the day) seems to be a very cheap, safe and medically promising supplement.
+ Sodium Oxybate, if you can get a prescription or join a trial, is a very promising preventative for dementia. Improving sleep depth is vital for mental health.

Photo
Adam Karlovsky
Oct 11 2017 03:04 AM

Be careful with your vitamin C and E dosages, too. If you are taking AREDS2 Preservision twice a day you could cut back to once a day, reduce any risks of chronic vitamin C, E and zinc overdose, and likely reap most of the benefits of the lutein/zeaxanthin

Maybe consider leaving out the ALC, it probably contributes to inflammation by nourishing  gut microbes that are best kept in check. Add egcg, reshi and, carnosine. The nicotinamide riboside and pterostelbene are super awesome. I would drop the resveretrol if you are taking pterostelbene. I have reservation about taking PQQ and nicotinamide riboside together. The B complex should be liquid and sublingual. Oh yes.. also a rosmarinic acid polyphenol supplement may be something to look into. It is likely gonna be very good for your skin by preventing AGE crosslinks.

Thank you for your suggestions, both of you! I will drop a few based on your recommendations and look into the rosmarinic acid. Never heard of that one! I feel great on this stack, but then I've never had any health issues or complaints. I'm thinking long game here. I very much appreciate the input!

I'd add some Black Pepper with the Turmeric, as Piperine greatly enhances the absorption of curcumin into the bloodstream.

In fact, peppers, in genral, are known as overall "enhancers" to any primary drug/supplement they may be coadministered with. Without piperine from the BP, turmeric is very poorly absorbed and, as a result, you could be missing out on many of its advantages.

Great stack. *thumbs up*

So how are you doing with your stack? If I had been around at the time, I would have suggested dumping the pteorstilbene.