Photo
- - - - -

GABA or Phenibut

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 acoli

• 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

What are the advantages of taking phenibut ovver cheaper, pure GABA? Also, which one raises GABA levels more?

#2 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

Phenibut works faster and better but leads to tollerance. Gaba does less but works well, is cheaper and does not seem to lead to tollerance. They both are related compounds and work in a similar way.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 acoli

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

How does bulk nutrition make their GABA cross the blood-brain barrier since it is well known that oral GABA does not cross alone.

#4 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

It may be well known that it doesn't cross but gaba does work. Scientists used to say the bumblebee could not fly according to the laws of physics but they flew none the less. I also take some things that may potentiate the effects such as piracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

I would disagree that phenibut tolerance occurs. I would say that the side effects seen with phenibut i.e. relaxing buzz, social inhibition and so on, decrease after continued use. However, the anxiolytic effects of phenibut remain, even at small dosages. This is from my own observations of my girlfriend taking daily low dose (500mg) phenibut for the last month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users