Photo
- - - - -

pantethine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 orangish

• 264 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

I'm considering doling some for stress/detox...any opinions/experiences?

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

I used Jarrow 300mg pantethine for awhile, 3 or 4x daily (900-1200mg). I noticed a subtle increase in energy and a rise in body temperature for a few hours after each dose. I think it can be useful for someone under stress or suffering from adrenal fatigue, by boosting Coenzyme A levels. However, it also has a powerful LDL reduction effect for this reason, and I discontinued it after determining that my LDL was already optimal before the addition of pantethine to my regimen.

Jarrow was the cheapest brand I found (at iherb) using Pantesin as the raw material. I like patented, branded forms of supplements when possible (sensoril for ashwaghanda, bacopin for bacopa, etc) -- gives me some peace of mind about potency and quality.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 orangish

• Topic Starter
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

Hmm...I'm interested in it based on its potential to handle high levels of aldehyde...
I'm pretty sure my ldl is fine, but am under the impression that my liver is stressed... is it possible to use supplements like pantethine or such with a detoxing effect but not a negative influence on ldl?

#4 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

You might consider a lower dose -- 900mg and 1200mg have been used in trials for the purpose of lowering LDL, and typically result in a 15-30% reduction at those doses.

#5 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

Does anyone have any scientific evidence supporting the practice of "detoxing"? This seems to be very popular, but I don't see any experts that I would consider credible or respectable touting it.

Edited by funkodyssey, 30 March 2006 - 10:57 PM.

#6 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

Pantethine (300 mg Jarrow) gives me a bad reaction. My theory is that by boosting acetyl coenzyme A levels, it creates too much acetylcholine. I get a pressure headache behind my eyes typical of AcH excess, and I feel very depressed. Not a good supp for me.

For "detoxing," funk, it depends what you mean. Mucoid plaque and all that is BS, but a few select things have real benefits. Look up chlorella for one. Also see ajnast4r's "gonna try some serious detox" thread; I posted some abstracts there.

#7 orangish

• Topic Starter
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

I'm not sure I've quite found the most scientific of evidence, and would be interested in any sources in addition to dantecube's...but if you research the liver processes, which i did, it seems plausible that supplements with certain functions would aid in detoxing, helping lift the load off your poor liver.
This isn't the most scientific of sites, but I'd be interested in what people thought (since I was diagnosed with ADD)...
http://72.14.203.104...s&ct=clnk&cd=80

#8 dayfly

• 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

Pantethine (300 mg Jarrow) gives me a bad reaction. My theory is that by boosting acetyl coenzyme A levels, it creates too much acetylcholine. I get a pressure headache behind my eyes typical of AcH excess, and I feel very depressed. Not a good supp for me.

Same happened to me! I tried 300mg once daily, increased to 3 x 300mg daily. I hardly couldn't fall asleep and when I slept I was half awake.... always nervous, restless and hyperactive during the day. After 2 weeks I aborted the trial. Panethine was one of the worst experiences with supplements I ever made.

#9 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

Same happened to me!

I think you must take it with food always.

#10 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:14 PM

I was taking it with food. The Jarrow pantethine is in an oil-filled softgel, as opposed to AOR's which is a dry powder capsule.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

When I took panthetine (AOR), I didnt notice any side effect. My dosage wasnt high, though. 2-3 caps of it a day, i dont remember if with or without food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users