• like x 3
  • Informative x 2

#2 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

Looks positive in regards to ensuring you maintain adequate taurine levels

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:12 AM

Lately I have been taking it grams of it daily. I definitely feel it. I notice muscles look fuller and I have good workouts. I really take it for cardiovascular reasons, but if its benefiting mitochondria too then fantastic. I've been a life long sufferer of heart flutters and I have not had any since introduction of taurine into my diet. The more i read about it, everyone should be taking it.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#4 Supierce

• 94 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:09 AM

Actually, that article makes a stronger case for supplementing TUDCA than straight taurine.

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

Actually, that article makes a stronger case for supplementing TUDCA than straight taurine.

I use a lot of TUDCA daily as well.  :)

#6 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid Enhances Mitochondrial Biogenesis, Neural Stem Cell Pool, and Early Neurogenesis in Adult Rats.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#7 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

TUDCA has also brought my liver enzymes back within normal numbers. I normally run a little high without it.

But back to taurine, I think its wonderful at the doses I am taking. Speaking from the perspective of muscle fullness and feeling a slight bump in the gym.

I haven't taken blood tests on it to see lipid effects but my normal total cholesterol is 140.

Lots of good studies on taurine. Is so cheap its my new staple supplement. And unlike creatine it shouldn't cause my egfr numbers to become artificially scary.

Edited by Rocket, 17 March 2018 - 12:40 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#8 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

yeah i have problem seeing if basic cheap taurine does the same thing as TUDCA, does anyone know because of its lower bioavailability and cheaper price maybe perhaps one needs extra few grams comparison to TUDCA use??

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#9 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

My guess is that, since UDCA on its own exerts the benefits of TUDCA, in which it gets metabolized, the limiting factor of TUDCA natural formation in the body is probably not Taurine.

Despite that, I'm also a fan of this aminoacid, I take it regularly, mainly because of its proangiogenic properties.

#10 Darryl

• 650 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

Hate press releases that don't link to the research publication(s):

Fakruddin et al, 2018. Defective mitochondrial tRNA taurine modification activates global proteostress and leads to mitochondrial diseaseCell reports22(2), pp.482-496.

Here, we showed that taurine modification is catalyzed by mitochondrial optimization 1 (Mto1) in mammals. Mto1 deficiency severely impaired mitochondrial translation and respiratory activity. Moreover, Mto1-deficient cells exhibited abnormal mitochondrial morphology owing to aberrant trafficking of nuclear DNA-encoded mitochondrial proteins, including Opa1. The mistargeted proteins were aggregated and misfolded in the cytoplasm, which induced cytotoxic unfolded protein response. Importantly, application of chemical chaperones successfully suppressed cytotoxicity by reducing protein misfolding and increasing functional mitochondrial proteins in Mto1-deficient cells and mice

Asano et al, 2018. Metabolic and chemical regulation of tRNA modification associated with taurine deficiency and human diseaseNucleic acids research46(4), pp.1565-1583.

Previously, we reported that τm5U is absent in mt-tRNAs with pathogenic mutations associated with mitochondrial diseases. However, biogenesis and physiological role of τm5U remained elusive. Here, we elucidated τm5U biogenesis by confirming that 5,10-methylene-tetrahydrofolate and taurine are metabolic substrates for τm5U formation catalyzed by MTO1 and GTPBP3. GTPBP3-knockout cells exhibited respiratory defects and reduced mitochondrial translation. Very little τm5U34 was detected in patient’s cells with the GTPBP3 mutation, demonstrating that lack of τm5U results in pathological consequences. Taurine starvation resulted in downregulation of τm5U frequency in cultured cells and animal tissues (cat liver and flatfish). 

It's not clear that this mechanism accounts for benefits of high taurine intake in humans without genetic defects of taurine metabilism or mitochondrial optimisation 1. Cats and flatfish are obligate carnivores that have lost the ability to synthesize taurine, but humans have a long ancestry of mostly herbivorous primates. Nonetheless, its an interesting facet to add to the story of taurine.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 1

#11 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:18 AM

i went to some of the articles and it has TUDCA used as injection mostly rather than oral supplement to show results. even though, studies say it has good oral bioavailability, the major studies were done on mice, in injection form. makes me wonder how useful it is as oral supplement and how useful is basic taurine orally in comparison? i already got ursodiol prescribed which is UDCA, i wonder if just adding taurine to it will work similar way as TUDCA?

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#12 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:59 PM

i went to some of the articles and it has TUDCA used as injection mostly rather than oral supplement to show results. even though, studies say it has good oral bioavailability, the major studies were done on mice, in injection form. makes me wonder how useful it is as oral supplement and how useful is basic taurine orally in comparison? i already got ursodiol prescribed which is UDCA, i wonder if just adding taurine to it will work similar way as TUDCA?

If it helps, I can tell you factually speaking with blood tests that TUDCA is fantastic at correcting liver issues. I have slightly elevated enzymes just by doing nothing...... If I take a PED that increases liver enzymes even higher, TUDCA keeps my liver values still within normal range.  And I am not megadosing by any stretch of imagination. Just 2 to 3 pills a day. If its working on my liver then IDK why it wouldn't be doing all the other positive things it has been found to do. I would say oral bioavailability it very good.

Edited by Rocket, 18 March 2018 - 09:00 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#13 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

which product are you using? from amazon, i see tons of body building supplements with it and i dont like those they always look suspicious

#14 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

Some TUDCA products out there say not to exceed 4 weeks of continuous use on the bottle.

Is there any known downside to longer term use?

#15 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

the product i got is nutricost and it doesnt mention anything about prolonged use. what does that mean not to use beyond 4 weeks? from all sources i have seen no negative reports or any side effects with use of TUDCA therefore i am confused

#16 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

Taurine makes me so restful.  When I take magnesium taurate I get very tired.

• unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#17 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:07 AM

Taurine makes me so restful. When I take magnesium taurate I get very tired.

I dont get anything out of it such as better sleep or more energy. I have tried taking at bedtime for its alleged sleep affects and not gotten anything out of it.

But personally many many sleep aids dont work on me. I tend to fall asleep at 5am while drinking coffee when trying to wake up.

Taurine is a great supplement. I just read an article on Taurine and glycation.... Another plus for Taurine.

Edited by Rocket, 08 May 2018 - 02:08 AM.

• Informative x 1

#18 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

Doesn’t taurine inhibit the effect of stimulatory neurotransmitters, would this not dampen learning ability and quality of thought?
  • Needs references x 3
  • Disagree x 1

#19 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

what are you talking about

#20 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

what are you talking about

My apologies, I completely confused this for Carnitine. Wires completely crossed.

I did however read that chronic taurine downregulates GABA receptors. Any implications with this?

Edited by experimenting, 14 May 2018 - 09:22 PM.

#21 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

TUDCA has also brought my liver enzymes back within normal numbers. I normally run a little high without it.

But back to taurine, I think its wonderful at the doses I am taking. Speaking from the perspective of muscle fullness and feeling a slight bump in the gym.

I haven't taken blood tests on it to see lipid effects but my normal total cholesterol is 140.

Lots of good studies on taurine. Is so cheap its my new staple supplement. And unlike creatine it shouldn't cause my egfr numbers to become artificially scary.

I’m depression prone so I shy away from amino acids, BCAAs etc...how do you find taurine affects your mood/vivacity?

#22 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

My apologies, I completely confused this for Carnitine. Wires completely crossed.

I did however read that chronic taurine downregulates GABA receptors. Any implications with this?

i havent seen any documents that say taurine long term downregulates GABA. from what i have read, it helps with GABA downregulation after excessive use of alcohol and benzos, but studies are scarce

#23 Rocket

• Topic Starter
  • 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:39 AM

I’m depression prone so I shy away from amino acids, BCAAs etc...how do you find taurine affects your mood/vivacity?

I've been megadosing grams of taurine for at least a few months and get ZERO affect on mood or state of mind.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#24 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

What are specifically the main benefits and what time of day do you take it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users