Photo

Suppliers of NMN

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#31 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

stefan.

We expect better from you than that type of reckless speculation. What type of IPR infringement could possibly occur from selling NMN in capsules? 

The most likely answer is that Alive by nature seems to be very in tune with their customers and as the result of a lot of people looking for sublingual, they simply gave the market what they are asking for.

"we"? I think on a forum each speaks for him or herself. Apart from that what weird comment you made there. But for your info I am not surprised about your reaction, hence I am not expecting better from you so carry on chap.

There is no commercial sense in removing the capsule sales, like @able also stated they were and are the best selling NMN brand on Amazon. I have tracked their sales and it has fluctuated between 800-1000 bottles / month. At USD49,90 thats roughly revenues of 40-50k USD / month, not bad for a small supplement company. Who knows what they sold via their own website. Pretty sure they will loose clients with this.

Obviously they can be approached on IPR bases e.g. manufacturing method, use case. Might even be Elysium Health that is trying to clear the field for a new product launch they have been hinting at. Its strange and your reason seems doubtfull. In fact it looks to me that ABN is reading or who knows participating on the forum here all the time as that is the only place were people talk about sublingual. Doubt very much any client on Amazon writes to them please make sublingual.....especially as you cannot give that feedback on Amazon.....

Edited by stefan_001, 20 May 2018 - 09:26 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#32 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

stefan.

We expect better from you than that type of reckless speculation. What type of IPR infringement could possibly occur from selling NMN in capsules? 

The most likely answer is that Alive by nature seems to be very in tune with their customers and as the result of a lot of people looking for sublingual, they simply gave the market what they are asking for.

You nailed it.   I gave them a call and was surprised someone actually answered on a Sunday.  Sweet girl named Monica, the nicest customer service rep I've dealt with in years.  

She says they have been selling the powder for 4 months and the feedback from those using it sublingual was just so much better that they developed the tablets for people that think the powder is inconvenient.   

She says they aren't concerned about losing sales to the switch, but rather feels bad that they have to continue to sell the capsules until out of stock as they feel it is a "vastly inferior" product.

I guess it makes sense if you think of it that way, but I personally think the powder is no trouble at all, and best for sublingual imo.

Edited by able, 20 May 2018 - 09:48 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

You nailed it.   I gave them a call and was surprised someone actually answered on a Sunday.  Sweet girl named Monica, the nicest customer service rep I've dealt with in years.  

She says they have been selling the powder for 4 months and the feedback from those using it sublingual was just so much better that they developed the tablets for people that think the powder is inconvenient.   

She says they aren't concerned about losing sales to the switch, but rather feels bad that they have to continue to sell the capsules until out of stock as they feel it is a "vastly inferior" product.

I guess it makes sense if you think of it that way, but I personally think the powder is no trouble at all, and best for sublingual imo.

She definitely did a great job explaining it, still makes no sense in particular  as the site indicates they keep selling the jar with the powder. I am looking forward to TMNMK getting his hands on a jar, if he is happy with it I will buy one as well.

The page recommends taking upto 1500mg of NMN a day, seems rather extreme (browse down the product description page).

Edited by stefan_001, 21 May 2018 - 03:01 AM.

#34 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Might even be Elysium Health that is trying to clear the field for a new product launch they have been hinting at. 

What are you refering to? The latest I've heard is from last July that they are running several more NR trials (only one listed on kidney function that I can find) and working on new products with no indication of when they might market them. Do you have a link to what "they have been hinting at"?

#35 TMNMK

• 170 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

She definitely did a great job explaining it, still makes no sense in particular  as the site indicates they keep selling the jar with the powder. I am looking forward to TMNMK getting his hands on a jar, if he is happy with it I will buy one as well.

The page recommends taking upto 1500mg of NMN a day, seems rather extreme (browse down the product description page).

I will let you know, it may be a few months before I get to it but it is on my to-do list. They don't have plans on cancelling the jars of powder, do they? Just the capsules from the sound of it, is that correct?

#36 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

I will let you know, it may be a few months before I get to it but it is on my to-do list. They don't have plans on cancelling the jars of powder, do they? Just the capsules from the sound of it, is that correct?

Right.  She said they feel the capsules are an inferior method and don't want to continue with them.  The tablets replace capsules, but they will continue with the powder, which makes me happy as that is what I prefer.  

In fact, I started using the powder for your intranasal delivery yesterday.  Takes a little getting used to.  Will post about that in the proper thread later.

• like x 1

#37 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

Great, thank you. Not in a hurry here, doing fine on the NR and still in the middle of the eye drop experiment which is to be followed by intranasal.

• like x 1

#38 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

Right.  She said they feel the capsules are an inferior method and don't want to continue with them.  The tablets replace capsules, but they will continue with the powder, which makes me happy as that is what I prefer.  

In fact, I started using the powder for your intranasal delivery yesterday.  Takes a little getting used to.  Will post about that in the proper thread later.

Good the powder is still there. It is still very peculiar, we have Lawrence here reporting his blood value improvements etc by using the capsules and the seller says they are not worth to sell. Perhaps these see a very low re-purchase rate and they do not see that for the powder hence the move. Or its still something else e.g. a cost issue to bottle

#39 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Good the powder is still there. It is still very peculiar, we have Lawrence here reporting his blood value improvements etc by using the capsules and the seller says they are not worth to sell. Perhaps these see a very low re-purchase rate and they do not see that for the powder hence the move. Or its still something else e.g. a cost issue to bottle

Or perhaps its just what she said - they like the tablets more and don't want to sell an inferior product anymore.  That doesn't mean they believe the  capsules don't work, but that they feel the tablets work better.

Or, it could just be for product differentiation.

Personally, I would have kept the capsules and added the tablets at a higher price point, as they are unique.  

Whatever it is, I'm just glad its not patented, so we have choice, innovation, and competition - better for us.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#40 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

Lets keep an eye on Amazon US, if more vendors dissapear then you know its an IPR issue. ABN I can no longer find on Amazon btw

Edited by stefan_001, 21 May 2018 - 06:55 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#41 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

RevGemetics may be nore expensive but quality is great and I can fel difference.

• Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#42 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

RevGemetics may be nore expensive but quality is great and I can fel difference.

What do you feel? I’ve taken NR and NMN at various dosages, SL, etc., and never felt anything.
  • Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#43 AliceTu

• 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

A number of products folks are mentioning are now out of stock. As of the last month or so, what are you all recommending?

I've been using MAAC10-125 (and have been happy with it), but am now also considering alivebynature 12g powder. Any thoughts on these two?

And any other NMN products I should consider?

I'm currently at about 125/day, considering going up. (I'm happy to use powder sublingually -- not a problem for me to just pour it out of the capsule under my tongue, which is why I'm not considering the sublinguals.)

Thank you for any thoughts.

• Informative x 1

#44 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

I feel a rush of energy and well being.  I also add to this the tea which I posted earlier.

• WellResearched x 1

#45 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

A number of products folks are mentioning are now out of stock. As of the last month or so, what are you all recommending?

I've been using MAAC10-125 (and have been happy with it), but am now also considering alivebynature 12g powder. Any thoughts on these two?

I'm currently at about 125/day, considering going up. (I'm happy to use powder sublingually -- not a problem for me to just pour it out of the capsule under my tongue, which is why I'm not considering the sublinguals.)

I prefer the alivebynature powder for sublingual, as it taste a lot better than the chalky taste you get from opening up capsules with fillers.  

Is a lot easier, which is important for me since I'm taking it 6-8 times a day.

Also, they use testing from outside labs to verify the quality.  ABN and Revgenetics are the only ones that do.

Edited by able, 26 June 2018 - 08:15 PM.

• Informative x 2

#46 Oakman

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Totally out for weeks now, and waiting, waiting for ABN. There was some brand that didn't test out well. I'd like to get some, was it MAAC10... or is it legit? Or have you got any other brand suggestions?

#47 aaaaaaal

• 94 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Totally out for weeks now, and waiting, waiting for ABN. There was some brand that didn't test out well. I'd like to get some, was it MAAC10... or is it legit? Or have you got any other brand suggestions?

I have been getting my NMN from niagen.co.uk but currently out of stock. Came across this brand on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co....PMAAOSwtN5bG~zN

What do you guys think?

• Well Written x 1

#48 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:29 PM

K2go was the brand that Lawrence had tested, and showed 12mg instead of 150 mg per capsule.

Maac10 seems more reputable (been around a lot longer), and gets a lot better reviews than k2go on amazon.   But they  post a COA that is a test of a raw ingredient (not finished), is unsigned, and not 3rd party - yet are calling that proof.  A bit of a stretch imo.

• Informative x 3
  • Agree x 1

#49 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

If you run out try this.

Pau D' Arco Bark Milk
Here's the science The anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer benefits of a compound called “Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide” (NAD).  A compound called “beta-lapachone” can massively increase levels of NAD, and that this pricey chemical can actually be quite inexpensively obtained via a pau d' arco tree bark tea from the Peruvian jungles.
How?
Follow this recipe:
-Mix 1-2 teaspoons of pau d' arco tree bark with 4-8 ounces of warm water and allow it to sit overnight for 10-12 hours.  II mix 1/2 gal at a time)
-In a good blender for 2-3 minutes, blend the water and soaked bark with fats, which will form liposomes that can increase absorption of the beta-lapachone from the tea. For fats, you can use ghee, brain octane oil , coconut oil, olive oil, fish oil or full fat coconut milk The best solution, aside from a special krill oil formulation that is not yet available on the market, is simply a half teaspoon of organic, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, which contains good amounts of phosphatidylcholine, an excellent way to make phospholipids.

-For even more absorption, add 1-2 teaspoons of organic turmeric powder to this mixture.
1800 mg betaine and the hydrogen peroxide two drops of 35%.
-Strain after blending.  Two is enough.

You can then use the resulting foamy white bark “milk” as an ingredient in smoothies or shakes, or you can drink it straight.  I take mine in the morning before anything else.
--------------------------- (

Experiments on mice by Professor Sinclair and his team showed that after just a week of being fed NMN - NAD dissolved in their drinking water, the cells of ageing mice were indistinguishable from those of young mice. Their muscles looked and behaved like those of a young mouse, too.

So my NAD+ stack is going to be:
1. NMN  (RevGenetics)  Plus milktea
2. Taurine (1000mg) - On the premise that it increases Hydrogen Sulfide and synergistcally works with NMN
3. Melatonin - Long known as a Sirt1 activator, among it's many other benefits

• Informative x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • like x 1

#50 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:25 PM

If you run out try this.

Pau D' Arco Bark Milk
Here's the science The anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer benefits of a compound called “Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide” (NAD).  A compound called “beta-lapachone” can massively increase levels of NAD, and that this pricey chemical can actually be quite inexpensively obtained via a pau d' arco tree bark tea from the Peruvian jungles.

okay, what is the evidence of this? 

sounds intriguing but do you nave a link or something with more info? 

• Ill informed x 1

#51 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:19 AM

There are many articles.  Start with this.  https://articles.mer...o-benefits.aspx

• dislike x 2
  • Informative x 1

#52 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

so buyng from chaina at 1kg 350 $ is a bad idee? 99% purety

Edited by orion22, 28 June 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#53 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

so buyng from chaina at 1kg 350 $ is a bad idee? 99% purety

In concept that is a great idea.  But, you absolutely have to have an American lab redo the lab work once you receive it.  We went through that exercise and of the 10 samples we received from 10 different suppliers, not one contained even 1 molecule of NMN.  I hope that you have better luck than we did.

• Informative x 5
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#54 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

oh

• Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 2

#55 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

In concept that is a great idea.  But, you absolutely have to have an American lab redo the lab work once you receive it.  We went through that exercise and of the 10 samples we received from 10 different suppliers, not one contained even 1 molecule of NMN.  I hope that you have better luck than we did.

holy crap what? 

that is my fear right there so thanks for confirming 

alibaba is chock full of scammers, SO damn frustrating 

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#56 AliceTu

• 19 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

Alivebynature powder is back in stock, all.

• Informative x 3

#57 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

Alivebynature powder is back in stock, all.

Yes.  I love the powder, but I'm more excited to try the sublingual tablets they are finally shipping.  

• Informative x 2

#58 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Microcrystalline cellulose

if a capsule contains microcrystaline cellulose is it safe to use sublingual under the tongue?

#59 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

ok, got my ABN pure MNM powder 

anyone know what is the dosage on this? I mean how many grams per1/2 teaspoon or whatever? 

thanks 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 able

• Topic Starter
  • 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

ok, got my ABN pure MNM powder 

anyone know what is the dosage on this? I mean how many grams per1/2 teaspoon or whatever? 

thanks 

Mine came with a little plastic scoop that is supposed to be 200 mg, according to the label.

If no scoop, that would be hard to guess.  They should have a picture of what 200 mg looks like in a teaspoon, or something.

I just tried and it was around 10 of the little scoops to fill a single teaspoon, so you really need something much smaller to measure with.

• Good Point x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users