Photo
- - - - -

b1 v. b12

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 orangish

• 264 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

So I always have trouble distinguishing the b vitamins when it comes to function and how they acutally take effect (especially since now I'm trying to break bad habits of researching and then forgetting everything I've read...), but has anyone tried these supplements in higher doses than a b-complex? what was the effect? b1 SUPPOSEDLY has , and can be easily depleted by stress (don't know the exact mechanisms) so kind of involves one in a downward spiral. b12 on the other hand is reported to be involved in concentration mechanisms (to be the vaguest, and not venture any misconstrued info.). have people's experieces correlated with such research? what did you use either vitamin for?

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:25 PM

I am not sure of the differences, but I do know that vegetarians (of which I am one) have to make sure that they get enough b12, because it is somewhat hard to find outside of meat, dairy, and eggs (usually cereal is fortified with it though).

;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 orangish

• Topic Starter
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

http://72.14.203.104...us&ct=clnk&cd=1
Hmmm...

President Kennedy has been quoted as having said he would never have become president without injections of B12.2
http://72.14.203.104...s&ct=clnk&cd=12

Considering the amounts of folic acid that a vegetarian consumes, and the fact that those amounts interfere with b12 absorption, it would seem unwise for many vegetarians to take a b-complex, you think? My experience with b-complexes is that they have 8x the amount of folic acid as of b12--any reason to these proportions?

Edited by orangish, 02 April 2006 - 01:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users