Supplements that detoxify the body?

detoxify

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

Like Indole-3-carbinol & Calcium D-Glucarate. Supplements that get rid of Estrogen byproducts (IE xenoestrogens) that have the potential to cause DNA mutations and cause cancer and tumors ? That get rid of old cells so the body can keep a balance.

what about these NAC,liposomal glutathione,Milk Thistle , chlorella ,spirulina,Curcumin ,Dandelion and acetylated glutathione ? ..  and bitter herbs, vitamins/minerals etc?

Edited by farshad, 16 April 2018 - 08:31 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Schisandra chinensis

Schisandra extract increases the level of the glutathione enzyme in the body, which helps combat oxidative stress (R).

Schisandra protects liver tumor cells that are activated by stress (R).

LOOKING FOR BEST Antioxidants  (superoxide dismutase) SOD?
 When an anti oxidant does its work, it usually becomes a free radical itself, and you'd need another antioxidant to come through and clean up. So the best idea is just to have more than just a couple of strong antioxidants, and instead finding a way to maximize total synergistic antioxidants flowing through your body

Astaxanthin 

glutathione

Melatonin

alpha lipoic acid

NAC

sulforaphane

C60 oil

hydroxytyrosol

Edited by farshad, 16 April 2018 - 10:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

So NAC is precursor to glutathione and is the best way to increase glutathione which is your bodies best Detoxifyer/antioxidant also known as the mother of all antioxidants,? but you cant take Glutathione directly becuase it doesent get absorbed? is this correct info?And do I need to have already sufficent amount of glutathione for NAC to work?

Edited by farshad, 17 April 2018 - 12:19 AM.

#4 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:51 AM

From what I understand, NAC provides the building blocks for glutathione (a good thing!), but I've read NAC isn't something you want to dose excessively.  

https://www.scienced...70904175353.htm

More isn't always better!  

• Agree x 2

#5 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

So NAC is precursor to glutathione and is the best way to increase glutathione which is your bodies best Detoxifyer/antioxidant also known as the mother of all antioxidants,? but you cant take Glutathione directly becuase it doesent get absorbed? is this correct info?And do I need to have already sufficent amount of glutathione for NAC to work?

S-acetyl glutathione and liposomal glutathione are absorbed well enough.

MSM, N-acetyl cysteine, ashwagandha + bacopa + milk thistle + curcumin + artichoke extract (NRF2), chlorophyll, magnesium, selenium (+ iodide/iodine), 90 ng/mL vitamin D3 (+ K2 + magnesium; 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4), boron, silica..

Edited by baccheion, 17 April 2018 - 07:36 AM.

• Informative x 1

#6 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

S-acetyl glutathione and liposomal glutathione are absorbed well enough.

MSM, N-acetyl cysteine, ashwagandha + bacopa + milk thistle + curcumin + artichoke extract (NRF2), chlorophyll, magnesium, selenium (+ iodide/iodine), 90 ng/mL vitamin D3 (+ K2 + magnesium; 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4), boron, silica..

so far my list is: S-Acetyl L-Glutathione  and NAC.    . Also have curcumin.  What is MSM?  

Edited by farshad, 17 April 2018 - 01:30 PM.

#7 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

TUDCA is a VERY VERY POWERFUL liver supplement. FAR FAR FAR superior to milk thistle. I have blood tests showing it completely corrected my liver enzymes which run a little high. Milk Thistle literally did nothing.

• Informative x 2

#8 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Should I take vitamin C with the S-Acetyl L-Glutathione  and NAC to increase absorption or is that not worth it? should I also take other precursors to glutathione and what would those be? Nac and ?? 

Edited by farshad, 17 April 2018 - 04:29 PM.

#9 Caravaggio

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

Glutamic acid, glycine and cysteine are the building blocks of Glutathione but cysteine is the rate-limiting amino acid.

Di-Magnesium Malate is good for aluminium detox.

Liquid K-RALA will remove (or redistribute when there's no binder) mercury from the brain. Same with liquid cilantro extract.

If you get the worst brainfog of your life from one drop you probably have mercury in the brain.

• Informative x 2

#10 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

wats the dosage for S-Acetyl L-Glutathione  and NAC? Max 3gram for NaC right but what bout S-Acetyl L-Glutathione ?

#11 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

+ whats the half life of the two also? do I need to dose them multiple times a day and can the stuff build up in your system after a period of time so the effect lasts whole day?

#12 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

Nagasawa (guy who study glutathione)  said the only 2 ways to increase glutathione is either NAC or something called riboceine?? he didnt mention  S-Acetyl L-Glutathione which I thought worked also?

#13 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

n-acetylcysteine amide (NACA)

is apparantly a better version but cant find clean sources

btw anyone tried Jarrows NAC? it its sustained release , how long does the effect of jarrows sustained release last?

Edited by farshad, 18 April 2018 - 12:27 AM.

#14 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

what happens if your body cant detoxify fast enough? what I mean is if theres more bad stuff coming into your body than your body can handle what happens then after a period of time?

#15 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

If you want to increase your glutathione levels then your best bet is to take Acetyl Glutathione supplements every day or more. Sometimes shown as S-Acetyl-Glutathione. It is available on Amazon.

It is the most expensive form of glutathione (with the exception of IVs), however, it is by far the best cost/effect/mg. This new delivery form was made available in the last 5 years if I'm not mistaken. Other forms like L-Glutathione, Reduced Glutathione, GSH (these are all exactly the same thing) are almost entirely broken down by stomach acid and therefore highly ineffective. There is Liposomal Glutathione that will get the glutathione past your stomach acid more effectively, however this form seems less stable (often a liquid) and is inferior when it comes to intra-cellular absorption. And finally there is NAC, which is basically providing your body with the precursors to make glutathione itself. This can sometimes be hard on your liver etc., especially if you drink alcohol on top of it. NAC is particularly inefficient for older people, those with diabetes, and other diseases (not sure if your condition is one of them) for this reason: As people get older, their body's ability to synthesize glutathione gradually decreases until it is very very low...it is usually at this time that low glutathione levels made people susceptible to illness and disease. Obviously, if a person has a health condition inhibiting glutathione production (like diabetes) then they may already be worse off than many older people.

Finally, one more factor plays a role. If a person has certain illnesses, or is exposed to toxins, radiation, etc....then, those conditions will deplete glutathione levels despite healthy sythesis rates. Common causes are cancer, smoking, chronic sicknesses, drug use, etc.......

Summary: Your best bet is to simply take Acetyl Glutathione because it bypasses the need for your body to make it on its own. It also offers the best absorption levels and is stable as a capsule/pill.

#16 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:09 AM

wat  is   L-Glutathione Reduced 

Edited by farshad, 19 April 2018 - 02:32 AM.

#17 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:45 AM

can the body store glutathione to use later? since the half life of S-Acetyl L-Glutathione is short

#18 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

hmm I found  this study; https://www.scienced...0713143156.htm  (Shocking new role found for the immune system: Controlling social interaction)

could it be that if you have very low glutathione or your antidoxidant genes are off you are more likely to suffer from anxiety? 

#19 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

does glutathione cream work? it bypasses the stomach and goes straight into the blood.

Or even spray or sublingual?

+ anyone tried IMMUNOCAL

Edited by farshad, 19 April 2018 - 10:21 PM.

#20 Nietzsche

• 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

S-Acetyl-Glutathione + NAC is sufficient for increasing glutathione. NAC by itself probably is as well. Taurine may help, too [1]. I wouldn't overthink it too much.

The only number I've seen for S-Acetyl-Glutathione dosing is 200mg/day for 7 days totaling 1400mg. Apparently they compared this to a single 1400mg IV glutathione infusion and found comparable outcomes [2]. I wouldn't base any decisions on this article, really... but I think its all we have.

[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/21870645

[2] https://www.clinical...-to-iv-therapy/

Edited by Nietzsche, 20 April 2018 - 12:40 AM.

• Informative x 1

#21 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:53 AM

how many types of antioxidants are there? only these? superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and catalases. 

#22 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

NAC - Acetylcysteine serves as a prodrug to L-cysteine.

L-cysteine is a precursor to the biologic antioxidant glutathione. Hence administration of acetylcysteine replenishes glutathione stores

S-Acetyl L-Glutathione - Adding an acetyl function group to create S-acetyl-l-glutathione should protect the GSH molecule through the gut, and allow it to permeate the selective blood-brain barrier. An added benefit is the extra methyl group can theoretically bind to DNA providing DNA methylation benefits. (best form apparently)

L-Glutathione Reduced - Reduced glutathione is missing an oxygen molecule but has an extra donor electron!  Basically the GSH molecule needs to be in a reduced state so that it is available to neutralize free radicals by bonding it’s extra electron to the reactive oxygen species molecules ‘dangling’ free radical electron.

liposomal glutathione -  The glutathione has been coated with a membrane that ensures that it doesn’t get broken down in the body until it reaches the cells where it is needed.

I cant find many avalibale products with liposomal glutathione and when I do its expensive.

#23 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

Question: How does your body absorb glutathione via oral route? It's has benefits IV only of 2gr.dose.

Answer: According to the Bulletproof diet protocol founder, the best way to absorb glutathione is IV. He claims he has "hacked" the absorption problem by *creating a form of liposomal glutathione with an added bioactive molecule called lactoferrin which allows the supplement to be absorbed into your body throughout a lot more of your GI tract. He says the trick is all in the efficient delivery system and your body can actually use what you swallow. *taken from "Headstrong" book by Dave Asprey. I hope he is right.

In theory, this was somehow supposed to boost absorption as it was complexed with monolaurin or something.

Edited by farshad, 21 April 2018 - 06:19 AM.

#24 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

Common antioxidants include the vitamins A, C, and E, glutathione, and the enzymes superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase, and glutathione reductase ®.

Other antioxidants include – lipoic acid, mixed carotenoids, coenzyme Q10, several bioflavonoids, antioxidant minerals (copper, zinc, manganese, and selenium), and the cofactors (folic acid, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12) ®.

They work in combination with each other and against different types of free radicals ®.

The most prominent of the antioxidants such as vitamins E and C, α-lipoic acid and glutathione which comprise an antioxidant network ®.

#25 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

question about the half life of glutathione, all forms have very  short half life, after the half life is done does it just stop working?.... Do I have to dose it once or multiple times a day or wat

#26 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:44 AM

is the reduced glutathione and regular glutathione/l-glutathione the same?... http://glutathionepa...of-glutathione/

So they are not absorbed well.. so that leaves me  with NAC, liposomal glutathione or  acetyl-glutathione..

But the way people market is weird anybody know of a liposomal glutathione ? or maybe some products that market themselves as regular glutathione or reduced are actually coated with liposomal? that would make sense since why would companies make such a stupid misstake and just sell regular glutathione. they should tell you if it its liposomal .

This form can cause some confusion because the supplemental facts on products that market themselves as Liposomal may actually say “L-Glutathione” or “Reduced Glutathione”.  If it advertises itself as Liposomal Glutathione, it no doubt is, and what you’ll find is that it will be paired with Phosphatidylcholine, which creates the protective lipid layer.

Edited by farshad, 22 April 2018 - 02:44 AM.

#27 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:00 AM

Oral glutathione is not destroyed in the gut like previously assumed. S- acetyl-glutathione has very limited research and nothing in humans to show it is better than regular glutathione. IV therapy is expensive and will have limited benefits as glutathione must be replenished about every 4-6 hours. If there is not a need for high acute doses oral glutathione and the precursors are preferred. Here is a link to a recent study showing the effectiveness- http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/24791752/

#28 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

1. Reduced glutathione is in the correct form that you would want because it is the "activated form."

does reduced glutathione get absorbed?

#29 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

What is the difference between the capsule form and liquid form of Liposomal Glutathione?

Glutathione in capsule goes straight into urines. The liposomale forms goes straight to the cells . Same thing for Liposomal C .  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:43 AM

There are a few popular forms of acetyl glutathione, one of which is N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) – an orally available precursor to cysteine. The premise here is that the body needs cysteine for GSH synthesis; however, as many individuals are unable to synthesise GSH due to heavy metal toxicity and/or magnesium deficiency, the benefit is far from assured. NAC is also known to have a nasty taste and smell and can, on occasion, induce powerful detox symptoms.

As with many supplements, achieving the right balance of nutrients is crucial: to maximise results, you should ensure optimal levels of synergistic ingredients. These include vitamins, particularly B6, B12, C and E, and coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). Vitamin C, for instance, helps to elevate glutathione in red blood cells and lymphocytes, while vitamin E works hand in glove with the antioxidant to prevent damage from reactive oxygen. Milk Thistle – most commonly used to protect the liver from toxicity – has also been shown in animal studies to enhance GSH production.

Also I heard Vitamin B3 recycles glutathione so also take NADH which is  a  better modified version of b3.

Edited by farshad, 24 April 2018 - 04:48 AM.

• Needs references x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users