brain injury concussion brain fog headache

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Icarus7

• 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Condensed version... 

Tbone car accident 6 years ago. 

Symptoms: brain fog, tension headaches, 20:20 vision but convergence issues, fatigue, light/sound sensitivity, insomnia, chronic tense neck muscles with trigger points 

CAT scan after accident showed nothing, MRI with DTI done 6 years after accident showed nothing.  

Just found out I'm deficient in growth hormone through STIM test and will start 0.6mg of GH. Testosterone and cortisol were on low side so waiting to see if Dr. wants to do anything for those.  

Current stack: 

NAC 600 mg 2x day

curcumin 500 mg 2x day

Now Fish oil 3 g

CoQ10 100mg

Magnesium Threonate 

Vitamin D3 w K2 5,000 IU

Creatinine 5g

Zinc gluconate 50 mg

Lion's Mane Mushroom 1g 

cbd oil 

LLLT every other day 90 seconds each area.  

Medication I'm on. 

Zolpidem 5mg for insomnia 

omeprazole 40 mg for eosonophil esophagitis

Meds I used to be on

amitrypatline 25 mg - (managed my headaches year 1-3 after accident.  Attempted to restart after headaches came back due to sleep issues with second soon and made me more depressed/foggy)

Ritalin 2.5 mg 2x day - (effective for 1 day in aiding creativity/motivation, but after 2 weeks use, clear that it made fog and headaches worse)

amantadine 200mg - (helped focus/mood for first month but then positive affects wore off)

lexapro - (made depression worse and killed my libido which took 3 months to come back)

Vicodin 5mg hydrocodoine/325mg acetaminophen used to manage headache pain last 2 years.  I'm 2 weeks off them.  

medical marijuna - helped with pain but raised anxiety/dry mouth

I haven't had a clear thought since the accident.  It's hard to describe, but it's constant head discomfort/tension/headache/fog.  Because of this and possible whiplash which never healed, my neck is constantly tense.  I've done physical therapy, lidocaine injections, facet injections, acupuncture/trigger point massage but nothing works.  

Given my widespread issue, does it make sense to add a cycle of either BPC-157 or TB500?  Is it ok to do these along with the GH?  

I'm also interested in trying semax, P21, modafinil, and cerebrolysin so having difficulty trying to prioritize which compounds to try first.    

If hormone and peptide use doesn't give me clarity I desire, then I'm going to try HBOT.  Appreciate any input and will be sure to log any therapies.  Thanks!  

#2 Icarus7

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Going to start BPC-157 trial once I get supplies.  Any suggestions for dosing?  Seems to be a lot of different protocol out there.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain injury, concussion, brain fog, headache

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users