• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Epitalon and Thymalin First Timer - Please Help!

peptides epitalon thymalin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 immortal33

• Registrant
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

I just got Epitalon and Thymalin and I have a few questions to make sure I am going to do this right.

I am planning on taking 5mg daily of epitalon and 10mg daily of thymalin, both via IM injection.

I have 100mg vial of epitalon, 100mg vial of thymalin and 30mL bac water

I am planning on adding 5 mL of bac water to the epitalon vial and 5mL to the thymalin then doing .25mL via syringe of epitalon which should give me 5mg and .5mL thymalin which should give me the 10mg I want of thymalin.

1. Is this right so far procedurally? I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and these seem to be recommended doses
2. How do I store the vials once they are mixed with the bac water? In the fridge? freezer? room temp in cupboard? I will be using both within 10-20 days so I wont be storing them longer than that.
3. Should I do it on an empty stomach? After eating? Morning? Night?

Any other tips? If it matters I am 32 years old but from heavy stress and stimulant/prescription use in my early 20s so I am hoping this restores me more to "normal" so to speak.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this and want to make sure its done right. Thanks!

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2 Madfern

• 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:40 AM

I have 100mg vial of epitalon, 100mg vial of thymalin and 30mL bac water

I am planning on adding 5 mL of bac water to the epitalon vial and 5mL to the thymalin then doing .25mL via syringe of epitalon which should give me 5mg and .5mL thymalin which should give me the 10mg I want of thymalin.

Bacteriostatic Water for Injection is a sterile, nonpyrogenic preparation of water for injection containing 0.9% (9 mg/mL) of benzyl alcohol.  The pH is about 5.7 (acidic).

The isotonic range is a PH of 7.0 to 7.6.

The peptide, depending on the amino acids present, will also affect the PH.

If the PH is too far from the isotonic range, cell-lysis will occur at the injection site.  A few people here have injected peptides with bac-water and reported lumps at the injection site - I guess due to cell lysis.  The lumps eventually resolve.

I suggest it would be better to use phosphate buffered saline (PBS) to suspend the peptide.  That will keep the PH close to 7.4.

Most figures I have seen are around 5mg peptide per 1 ml of PBS.

A lower concentration would mean you have to inject more volume but I think it would still be ok for subcutaneous injection into belly fat.

2. How do I store the vials ...

Fridge for up to 4 weeks with good antiseptic technique.  Do not freeze.

via IM injection

With IM injection the risk is higher than with subcutaneous injection.  Do you have any particular reason why IM?

I am 32 years old...

Too young and too much to loose if something goes wrong.  Maybe wait 20 years before doing these experiments?

Quality Assurance

Did you get an independent lab to analyze the peptides or do you have unlimited trust in the supplier?

LC-MS/MS tests can be arranged via ScienceExchange.  Expect to pay $200 to $300 to verify the identity of 2 samples and some indication of contamination (TFA will show up).  Full quantification will cost a lot more and personally I don't go that far.

Peptide Sterility

Have you considered that the peptide may not be sterile?

You can sterilize the suspension with a syringe filter (0.22micron, PES) and from there straight into a pre-sealed, sterile vial.

Adducts

When people inquire about sourcing a peptide, the first consideration is usually "how much does it cost?"

Suppliers know that they are competing on price and will most likely quote for the crude peptide.

The crude peptide contains various adducts such as acetate salts, halogens, Trifluoroacetic acid (TFA) residues.

TFA is the one I would be most concerned about because TFA can cause liver damage.  But then,  Halothane, some of which metabolizes to TFA, has in the past been used extensively as an anaesthetic agent.  So, you have to do your own assessment to see what the risk might be.

Most people do not know that they can ask for a desalted peptide (approx 25% more expensive).  However, desalting does not remove TFA adducts.

To get a TFA-free peptide, it must be manufactured without using TFA (more difficult but doable) - another question to ask the prospective supplier.

Good luck.   :)

Edited by Madfern, 11 June 2018 - 01:57 AM.

• Agree x 1

#3 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

Lumps from peptide injects usually occur if you didn’t inject deep enough or if you injected too much too fast.
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: peptides, epitalon, thymalin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users