The Klotho Group Buy Thread

klotho group buy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OP2040

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

I would like to pursue a group buy for Klotho, or one of it's analogs.  I think most of you are aware of how awesome this substance is, so I won't go into that right away.  I will say that the group buy will probably be a slow process, as there are a lot of choices to make, and discussions to be had.  Nevertheless, this is on the top of my list, so I'm here for the long haul and will be the main organizer, unless someone else comes along that has experience in it.

The way I see it, here is what we need to discuss and make decisions about:

1.  There are 3 possible Klotho purchases that could be made:

a. rhKlotho - this is actual Klotho, and it is very expensive

b. PEP-1192 - This corresponds to the 16 amino acids near the center of Klotho.  It would be less expensive,

and probably close to just as effective.

c. Compound H (N-(2-chlorophenyl)-1H-indole-3-caboxamide) - This is my personal preference.  It is probably the

least expensive since I think it is just a fragment, but a couple studies have shown it is very effective.  The drawback

on this one is that it seems esoteric, although I do see labs selling exactly this compound.

2. Delivery - I assume this would be venous of SubQ injection, but I don't know.

3. Dose - How much is ideal.  I think this is one of those things that I'd like to dose continuously for as long as possible. 

But due to expense, I'm mostly looking to see if it has any dramatic effects to start.

4. Safety - I don't see any issues here, but maybe others do.

Although this may not happen right away, please express your interest now, so that I can base any potential quotes on some kind of realistic number.

#2 cassioBJJ

• 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:09 PM

Hello,

I am really interested in this substance. I am in.

Thanks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 poonja

• 41 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

Count me in as well.

#4 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

I have gathered some prices for our three different options just to get an idea.  These are almost the first options I came across, so they are not set in stone by any means.  And obviously, with a group buy they should be cheaper, but that will be based on how many people we have.

1. rhKlotho - $339/50ug

2. Pep-1192 - $89.00/50ug

3. Compound H - $58/100mg  = 100,000ug

So, as you can see the third option is exponentially cheaper.  Again, the main issue with that one is the chemistry.  The chemistry makes sense for the first two.  But I know nothing about the last one.  All that I know is that it has been studied twice and increases serum Klotho, and has beneficial effects the same as you would see for Klotho itself.

Actually, I just looked them up, and there are three studies on compound H:

1. Induction of anti-aging gene Klotho with a small chemical compound that demethylates CpG islands

2.  Compound H Increases Anti-aging Protein Klotho Expression and Attenuates Arterial Stiffening and Hypertension

3. Activation of DNA demethylases attenuates aging‐associated arterial stiffening and hypertension

So there we have it.

Edited by OP2040, 08 June 2018 - 03:20 PM.

#5 orion22

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

can you translate those prices into how much will we pay per month for results per kg if you tell me 50ug i don t know what that means do i nedd to take it once a day once a weak once a month

#6 recon

• 179 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

I’m interested in this.

However, I can think of some problems that may arise with these substances.

1) Analogues may have a lesser or even no effect as the original substance but yet still takes up the spots at the receptors.
Example: phytoestrogens with estrogens; FOXO4-DRI with some FOXO gene thing

2) Having exogenous intake of a naturally-producing substance may trigger homeostatic negative feedback that reduces the bodily production of that substance.
Example: exogenous antioxidants; melatonin

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

I’m interested in this.

However, I can think of some problems that may arise with these substances.

1) Analogues may have a lesser or even no effect as the original substance but yet still takes up the spots at the receptors.
Example: phytoestrogens with estrogens; FOXO4-DRI with some FOXO gene thing

2) Having exogenous intake of a naturally-producing substance may trigger homeostatic negative feedback that reduces the bodily production of that substance.
Example: exogenous antioxidants; melatonin

Thanks recon, this is the kind of feedback I'm looking for, however these concerns do show up for almost any intervention.

1. All I can say about the analogues is that they do seem to work in the same or similar way in mice as the real deal.   

That's all I can go on at this point. 

2. Homeostasis and negative feedback comes up as an issue for any long term intervention, so it is just something we

will have to deal with through cycling if it is an issue.  I don't really understand why this happens with natural

substances though since presumably some people have more naturally occurring Klotho and therefore better health,

and yet have no downregulation.  Is it all down to the idea that they also have more receptors for said substance?  If

that is the case, then even gene therapy is hopeless.  If it's not the case, then I'm lost as to why this happens.

Orion,

The ug measurement is just a microgram, which means you need a million of them to make a gram.  This should put in perspective just how small an amount you are getting with those two, and just how costly a usable dose would be. I haven't done the cost calculations, but it seems we probably should just drop those options do to cost.  This is my first group buy, so I have no idea how much we could get the cost down, but I doubt it would be so much as to make those palatable.  Anyone else with more experience, please feel free to weigh in on the measurement and cost of those two options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: klotho, group buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users