• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Can excitotoxicity cause SCT-like symptoms?

sct adhd ritalin methylphenidate excitotoxicity amphetamines adderall dexedrine glutamate stimulants

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RegainBrain

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

I took/take stimulants for my diagnosed ADHD, but I could maybe have SCT.

I was treated first with ritalin, which worked very well for 3 months at only small dosages (another sign for SCT is, only needing small dosages of stimulants).

After that period of time, I got terrible brain fog and a lot of physical side effects.

That's why I'm taking dexamphetamine instead now, but sometimes I switch to methylphenidate, because it's effects are more therapeutical for me.

In the first time, I didn't only took my ritalin as prescribed, I also abused it sometimes (snorted 20mg, 2-3 days/week).

At first, it was all enjoyable, because the physical side effects where almost non-existent for me at the beginning...now, my body can't even tolerate everything over 10 mg...

Since long-term usage of methylphenidate is linked to increased glutamate levels in the cerebrospinal fluid and impaired glutamatergic homeostasis in the prefrontal cortex in juvenile rats , could it be that ritalin increased my slowness and my brain fog?

That`s how I feel now: I'm slower and have more brain fog with and after ritalin than before.

Can this be linked too my ritalin intake? Are SCT-lers  more vulnerable to increased glutamate levels and excitotoxicity?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sct, adhd, ritalin, methylphenidate, excitotoxicity, amphetamines, adderall, dexedrine, glutamate, stimulants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users