CRHR1 (Corticotropin releasing hormone receptor 1) gene mutation

crhr1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:44 AM

wtf is CRHR1-IT1 (CRHR1 intronic transcript 1) & MGC57346-CRHR1 2.35? I cant for the life of me find out what they are, i have mutation  in my crhr1 gene and these 2 are included.  But I believe these are responsible for my anxiety I have. Can anyone help me?

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

CRHR1-IT1 is a non-coding transcript of the CRHR1 gene (which its function is unknown but could maybe regulate gene expression) and MGC57346-CRHR1 is a fusion transcript between CRHR1-IT1 and CRHR1.

This gene encodes a G-protein coupled receptor that binds neuropeptides of the corticotropin releasing hormone family that are major regulators of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal pathway. The encoded protein is essential for the activation of signal transduction pathways that regulate diverse physiological processes including stress, reproduction, immune response and obesity.

CRHR1 (Corticotropin Releasing Hormone Receptor 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CRHR1 include Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Anxiety.

I would assume mutations at this particular loci would result in the above diseases.

Some Info I found.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Do you have high CRH, ACTH, Cortisol in blood tests?

Edited by world33, 10 December 2018 - 11:56 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crhr1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users