Azithromycin, DMSO and skin wrinkles.

senescent fibroblasts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:25 PM

Hi all! Just a humble proposal ahead, given the fact I am a total lego on the subject. And I have been relating some links on the matter, although I am unsure of not having tripped in more than one step. A tiny bit of patience and condescendence will be highly appreciated   :)  :

The cheap antibiotic Azithromycin (referred as AZTM from here on) has recently been 'rediscovered' as a very selective mean in senescent fibroblasts depletion:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30428454

Test have been run out in vitro with two cell lines:

weused two established human fibroblast cell lines (MRC-5 and/or BJ)

→ source (external link)

MRC-5 is a diploid human cell culture line composed of fibroblasts derived from lung tissue. While BJ cells are human diploid foreskin fibroblasts. In other words, BJ cells are dermal fibroblasts. And AZTM has shown evidence of its senolitic nature when faced to both kind of fibroblasts.

https://www.fightagi...o-be-senolytic/

"Our new interpretation is that the antibiotic is probably eliminating the "inflammatory" fibroblasts, in other words, the senescent cells that are normally associated with ageing.

→ source (external link)

Dermal fibroblasts (like BJ cells) are cells within the dermis layer of skin which are responsible for generating connective tissue and allowing the skin to recover from injury.

Dermalfibroblasts are specialized cells deep in the skin that generate connective tissue and help the skin recover from injury. Some fibroblasts have the ability to convert into fat cells that reside under the dermis, giving the skin a plump, youthful look and producing a peptide that plays a critical role in fighting infections.

→ source (external link)

If seems like AZTM is a good candidate to improve the way our skin looks and feels (wrinkles) if we can take rid of the senescent cells unable to convert into those highly beneficial fat cells anymore.

And how to bring AZTM down into our skin dermis to benefit of their senolitic properties? I have read several posts in here of a solvent called DMSO. For those who don't: Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO. This colorless liquid is an important polar aprotic solvent that dissolves both polar and nonpolar compounds and is miscible in a wide range of organic solvents as well as water. It has a relatively high melting point. DMSO has the unusual property that many individuals perceive a garlic-like taste in the mouth after contact with the skin.

DMSOis easily absorbed by the skin. It's sometimes used to increase the body's absorption of other medications.

→ source (external link)

And bingo! ... AZTM dissolved in DMSO is already available at selleckchem.com:

Azithromycinis supplied as a crystalline solid. A stock solution may be made by dissolving the Azithromycin in the solvent of choice. Azithromycin is soluble in organic solvents suxh as ethanol, DMSO, and dimethyl formamide (DMF), which should be purged in inert gas . The solubility of Azithromycin ... is of approximately 5 mg/ml in DMSO.

→ source (external link)

In regard of possible DMSO side effects:

Dermatologicalstudies with DMSO in humans have been scarce. The reason is not entirely clear because its application is not dangerous, rarely causing occasional side effects, such as itching, skin irritation, tingling or burning, and garlic odor from the breath. The most definitive role in dermatology for DMSO lies in its ability to act as an effective vehicle. It greatly enhances percutaneous penetration when used in combination with other substances. DMSO facilitates diffusion through the stratum corneum, triggers the formation of deposits in the dermis, and promotes transport into the local blood vessels, as demonstrated with increased penetration of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in the treatment of superficial malignancies and warts. Topical application of DMSO with 5-FU demonstrated superior absorption when compared to DMSO alone or 5-FU alone in cream bases.13 This unique penetrating ability may lend itself to numerous applications for other future products in dermatology.

→ source (external link)

I am in a first step level with this propposal, so I haven't tried yet and cannot assure ordinary people like most of us (I mean other than laboratories and likes) would be supplied the mix AZTM+DMSO by the above mentioned selleckchem.com.

Your thoughts are greatly welcome on this: why don't testing Azithromycin diluted in DMSO that is already on the net to try to take rid of wringles applied topically on our skin, for sample? DMSO would take the antibiotic right to the dermis level and highly selectively proceed to depletion of senecent fibroblasts (as stated above), leaving alive only the still young ones, still able to convert into fat cells.

But I have to warn you about the risk of become a bit italian or european spanish due to some garlic smell tiny annoyance with DMSO. Nobody Nothing is perfect.  ;) 

Edited by Engadin, 28 December 2018 - 08:42 PM.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users