- - - - -

Biohacking Body Odor?

body odor

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

A friend of mine has for a long time dealt with a persistent unpleasant sweaty body odor. I'm doing a bit of research to try to help improve their scent so that they don't have to use those toxic body odor sprays to cover the scent. What are the biohacks for fixing a bad natural scent?

Thus far I've advised them to...

• Try going on a vegetarian diet
  • Do a cleanse
  • Do coffee enemas
  • Use backing soda as a deodorant

What else?

#2 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

What you have listed is good. I just wanted to say that if it smells a bit fishy it could be genetic (due to insufficiency of some enzyme).

• Agree x 1

#3 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:34 AM

Milk of magnesia for armpit odor (topically)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:23 PM

I sweat a lot, and have noticed that when I eat foods like onions and garlic that my sweat smells oniony and garlicky. Duh, right. This aint earth-shattering news: if I eat a strong odoriferous spice like cumin, then tomorrow's excretions smell like a weaker version today's ingestions.

But to flip this idea: if I eat strong objectively "good"-smelling spices, like rosemary, or cloves, sassafras, or peppermint, spearmint ... then why don't I notice that my sweat smells particularly sassafrassy, or rosemary-y, clovy, or pepperminty? Maybe it does and I don't know.

Strong spices matter -- but what if only on the stinky side of things?

Backing up, obviously what smells good to my cat is very different from what smells good to me. And to you what smells nice may be different from what she likes. And then again her olfaction prowess may be far more refined and organized in her brain than yours; in terms of mate-selection it's more important that she gets it right than you do. She has to live with the consequences of having sex with you, and you can just, well, deadbeat daddy it away, and so we have spawned all these stupid reality and court tv shows.

Some cool studies exist regarding how olfaction differs between genders, and how it affects our behavior. Androstadienone, for example, is found in axillary secretions, and it affects attraction and disgust. Try hacking that.

https://www.scientif...-in-male-sweat/

If you're seeking to alter (side remark: is anyone bored yet with this overused word "hacking" in relation to biology?) hack yourself to make yourself smell good to your targeted mate, researchers have demonstrated that the less a person smells like you, the more attractive -- or less repulsive -- you will find their aromas.

Olfaction helps us to identify who may be genetically related to us, and who isn’t. That is, perhaps if she smells really terrible to you then there's a reason for that. We have a nose on our face. It gathers information. One bit of information is we'd prefer to avoid mating with biological kin. Evolution says to (mostly) avoid incest.

Edited by sthira, 05 January 2019 - 12:28 PM.

• Cheerful x 1

#5 Juangalt

• 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

Zerocarb aka Carnivore worked 100% to end my body odor after about 2 weeks. I'm not currently on that diet, but I found it interesting. I have pretty active sweat glands and stronger than average body odor and it knocked it completely out.

#6 granmasutensil

• 56 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Trehalose has been found to be extremely effective topically for body odor and various other things.

https://patents.goog...atent/US6497862

#7 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2022 - 03:35 PM

high dose sodium helped my body odour smell good.

#8 triguy

• 79 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 10:50 PM

natural detoxifiers always helped me with body odor.

IMO, a STRONG body odor is a sign of toxicity.   chemicals, processed foods, additives,etc

charcoal & chlorella

infrared sauna with no flush niacin

#9 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2023 - 08:04 AM

NAC . Vitamin c etc (avoid injecting vit c IM OR SUBQ it damages skin greatly). Oral works better.

Edited by kurdishfella, 02 January 2023 - 08:58 AM.

#10 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2023 - 01:54 AM

I’m pretty sure I notice no bad body odour when supplementing higher doses of zinc. Unless it’s affecting my sense of smell negatively but I just don’t realize. 

Edited by Mr Serendipity, 09 January 2023 - 01:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: body odor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users