• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

R-Alpha Lipoic Acid = Fatigue and blurry vision: Should you check your mercury levels before use?

ala fatigue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Biologist

• 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:36 PM

I just tested 540 mg R-ALA split over two doses, one in the morning and one 1 hour after lunch. I ate some pasta for preworkout later in the day, but hitting the gym everything felt off, low energy and a bit blurry vision.

I see there are several reports of similar effects, now it could just be its effect on glucose metabolism, or could it be chelating mercury in the brain and depositing it where it could do more harm? (Some say the R isomer doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, but haven't seen any evidence).

Should one always do a hair or urine test for long term bodily mercury levels if you don't have any fillings?

Overall my feeling is the potential benefits (which we don't know too much about) are not worth the risk, personally I was hoping it could help with nerve pain from an accident. Also one study showed increased LDL oxidation with high doses of racemic ALA in lieu of exercise https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/22107734 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users