Photo
- - - - -

phosphatidyl-serine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

Does anyone have any opinions on phosphatidyl-serine? It seems pretty important to have for the premability of your membranes and reduce stress/anxiety. However i do know that it is made from a soy source, or at the least the mainstream kind is. Would anyone know how to achieve the BC (Bovine Cortex) kind? Does the soy source have all the side effects of soy itself?..Hmmmm

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

Here is a previous ImmInst discussion about phostphatidylserine that you will find informative:

FYI: Soy derived phosphatidylserine

MR's conclusion on that thread:

On available evidence, soy-derived PS is of no benefit for cognitive function in humans.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:55 PM

Also, to answer your other question, there is no phosphatidylserine of bovine origin available from any source. It was discontinued after the mad-cow disease scare.

#4 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:00 AM

Yea, it basically looks like it sucks. I got even more info from an article that stronger forms of choline such as CDP and GPC give the same effect while boosting other phosphotydle elements as well

#5 systemicanomaly

• 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

Yea, it basically looks like it sucks. I got even more info from an article that stronger forms of choline such as CDP and GPC give the same effect while boosting other phosphotydle elements as well

Before you give up on Phosphatidylserine (PS) you might wanna give MemBrain Essentials from Life Ehancement a try. It combines MCTs with PS (and the other associated phospholipids) to yield a very pleasant effect.

For more info on MemBrain Essentials:
http://www.life-enha...duct.asp?ID=102

For a different perspective on Phosphatidylserine check out these LE links:
http://www.life-enha...ate.asp?ID=1043
http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_te...ate.asp?ID=1181

#6 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:38 AM

Al lthe positive PS research was done on the cow brain derived version. No one except AORsupport figured out that the soy version doesn't work (it is in the literature if you look carefully). This error is EVERYWHERE.

And I'm not sure, but that company i think had one or more products which when tested didn't meet specs (seearch the board).

oh and note the ingredients:

Vitamin E (from dl-alpha tocopherol

DL tocopherol is cheap synthetic stuff, not a sign of a quality product.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:24 PM

Yea Memsuck essentials hah j/k. Thanks for the advice system, but PS from soy sounds like its missing an IS in the middle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users