• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Please feedback on my diet and supplements!

alpha gpc glucosamine resveratrol beta carotene

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 illerrre

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

Hi guys,

With the budget I have I'm trying to live as healthy as possible, but as I've come to learn from reading here being healthy is a lot more complicated than it seems. 

Below you'll find my diet and supplemantation as well as reasoning behind it. I'd really appreciate feedback on if there's anything you think I should change or that is weird.

Meal frequency: 2 times a day, a total of 3400 calories. I usually fast for 18 hours though sometimes it's only 16-17 and once or twice a week I also break the fast completely. 

Diet (per day): 500g broccoli, 30g fresh tumeric, 1 apple, 1 tomato, 5g ginger, 2 stems of selleri, 1 can of mackerel, 30mg of saffron, 150g of musli with nuts, seeds and dried fruit. On top of this less healthy stuff to reach my calorie intake (pasta, chicken, bread). 

​Reason behind diet: The saffron is because I've read that its good for depression and anxiety. I've been taking this for quite a while and I'm not really sure it works. Selleri and tumeric is for telomeres. Mackerel is for omega 3 fatty acids. The musli and rest of the vegetables is just for overall health (what I've heard is good, can't remember specfically what they're good for). 

Supplements: Alpha GPC 600 mg, NR 250 mg (sublingual), Glucosamine 1500 mg, Resveratrol 500 mg, Beta carotene 50 mg. 

Reason behind supplements: Beta carotene is simply because I can't stand being all white. I used to tan a lot (and used Melanotin 2 shots). I did this for about 10 years which I now regret as I've realized the risk of skin cancer not to mention skin aging. With Beta carotene I at least look orange and I've heard it shouldn't be a problem dosing this. Alpha GPC is because I've read most of us don't get enough of this in our diet and from what I've caluclated myself I don't either.

Glucosamine is from a thread here where I read it may be helpful as cancer prevention. Resveratrol is from here and from hearing about David Sinclair taking it. I'm a bit worried about this though as I've read a report that it may actually act as a pro oxidative in higher doses. No idea what's considred high. NR is from here and even though I know I'm fairly young from what I've seen from charts (not very detailed though) it seems like my levels should have already started to drop a little. 

Alright, so what do you think? 

#2 illerrre

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Should be celery of course and not selleri :D

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:10 AM

My 2c worth.

1. If you're going to fast, don't skip breakfast. You need to skip dinner. Early intermittent fasting has been shown to have some benefits, although they are mixed. Skipping breakfast has shown adverse outcomes in several studies.

2. Beta carotene might be bad for you in the long run as a supplement, various studies have shown. Better to get it through food. It's still relatively safe, though.

3. Resveratrol is considered 'well tolerated'. The actual point of Resveratrol is to 'stress' the body to stimulate healing and repair systems in your body. It's not an anti-oxidant. There is no evidence that supplementing with anti-oxidants is helpful.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 AlxM

• 45 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

Does Mackeral have a lot of Mercury in it? I notice you’re eating that daily so I’m guessing no?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha gpc, glucosamine, resveratrol, beta carotene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users