- - - - -

Good K supplement...with a caveat

mk4 mk7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

K1 and k2 mk4 in gelcap form WITHOUT mk7, which gives me some weird side effects. Know of any?

Or should I just do k2 mk4? But when I do that on its own I get weird head pressure, like k1 is missing or something.

#2 ailsworb

• 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

I've been experimenting with Vitamin K analogs as well and I've noticed similar results. K2 (both MK-4 & MK-7) on its own makes me feel noticeably worse, while supplementing K1 by itself only has positive results for me.

There were some studies posted in another thread that seem to indicate that MK-4 levels are unaffected by MK-4 supplements and that MK-7 can become toxic very rapidly, so converting dietary K1 into K2 in tissues seems like the only way to get K2 reliably without any drawbacks.

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:23 PM

I've been experimenting with Vitamin K analogs as well and I've noticed similar results. K2 (both MK-4 & MK-7) on its own makes me feel noticeably worse, while supplementing K1 by itself only has positive results for me.
There were some studies posted in another thread that seem to indicate that MK-4 levels are unaffected by MK-4 supplements and that MK-7 can become toxic very rapidly, so converting dietary K1 into K2 in tissues seems like the only way to get K2 reliably without any drawbacks.

Yeah this is really, really weird. The ONLY product that works ok for me is the LEF super K mix, which has a hefty dose of k1. I can’t do k2 mk4, mk7 on their own or even together, the side effects are extremely odd (emotional lability? Very strange).

There’s no doubt that k2s are extremely potent-they are hormones in their own right. In fact, LEF subtly changed their formula a few years ago-reducing the mk7 rose from 200 to 100 mcg-and this produced an entirely different set of side effects for me. Crazy.

Others have reported similar experiences on this site, but none of us really know the mechanism. Doesn’t help that K supplements are relative hard to come by, which makes self testing difficult.

#4 Onur

• 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM

I found one K complex vitamin product.
Content:
Vitamin K 200 µg 266.66
Menakuinon 4 160 µg
Menakuinon 7 40 µg

How do you think? How many drops do you suggest to take per day?

#5 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:10 PM

I found one K complex vitamin product.
Content:
Vitamin K 200 µg 266.66
Menakuinon 4 160 µg
Menakuinon 7 40 µg

How do you think? How many drops do you suggest to take per day?

Pretty good actually. Link?

The LEF product is much higher dosed.

#6 ailsworb

• 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:04 AM

The ONLY product that works ok for me is the LEF super K mix

Interesting that you should mention it, since that's one of the brands I had been trying and found to be problematic. Personally, the inclusion of phytonadione in that formula didn't seem to help at all, which was part of the reason for my confusion.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Interesting that you should mention it, since that's one of the brands I had been trying and found to be problematic. Personally, the inclusion of phytonadione in that formula didn't seem to help at all, which was part of the reason for my confusion.

Yes. This is a weird one. I have noticed that the different forms of K seem to antagonize each other for absorption.

I think all we know is Vit K is pretty unique in that it’s a fairly powerful hormone.

I have reached out to LEF asking about it and about their d3 sup let’s see if they reply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk4, mk7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users