Any of you taking MitoQ

mitoq

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

I wonder whether any of you keeps taking MitoQ? I have never tried it before. Would you recommend it?

Edited by ryukenden, 08 April 2019 - 11:08 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#2 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:06 AM

First, age 37 here.

I used to take it then I read somewhere here (sorry I lost the reference but if you read a bit, you might find it) that MitoQ, GliSODin among others make your body accustomed to them, so when you stop, your body no longer produces the same energy without the supplements. So unless you're more elderly or really need these, it's best to wait a bit.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

I take it off-and-on, based upon the positive research behind it. I don't take it all the time because it is kind-of expensive.

#4 ryukenden

• Topic Starter
  • 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:54 PM

First, age 37 here.

I used to take it then I read somewhere here (sorry I lost the reference but if you read a bit, you might find it) that MitoQ, GliSODin among others make your body accustomed to them, so when you stop, your body no longer produces the same energy without the supplements. So unless you're more elderly or really need these, it's best to wait a bit.

Ok I see

I take it off-and-on, based upon the positive research behind it. I don't take it all the time because it is kind-of expensive.

How often do you take it? Any benefits you have noticed?

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:26 PM

Ok I see

How often do you take it? Any benefits you have noticed?

No. There is nothing dramatic that I have noticed. It is one of those supplements that I would expect to have a small effect on the rate of aging over time, like almost everything on the market right now. I am in good shape for my age so there isn't that much too "correct", so I don't anticipate to "feel" that much from most supplements.

I do "feel" more energy when I take a NAD+ booster.

I did "feel" a little more mentally sharp when taking Magnesium L-Threonate.

#6 macrohistory

• 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:43 AM

I've taken MitoQ ever since I read about this Colorado study in the spring of 2018:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29661838

I'm a 57-year-old male with a cardiometabolic profile like this (as of last autumn -- due for another check-up soon):

C-Reactive Protein:  0.69 mg/L  (< 1.0 = low-risk)

Total cholesterol:  172

HDL:  62

LDL:  96

Triglycerides:  69

HbA1c:  4.6%

Fasting glucose:  87

Kidney function also normal despite the scare stories concerning kidney cells and MitoQ.  Liver enzymes and everything else normal.

I should say that I also take 20 mg of Telmisartan (Micardis) every morning to keep blood pressure down to around 115/75.  I'm a bit overweight, but exercise regularly (some HIIT, strength training, and cardio).  Actually, come to think of it, I've lost about 10 pounds since starting the MitoQ, but that may be a coincidence.  I also take many other nutritional supplements, including nicotinamide riboside (since August 2017), the K vitamins, D-3, LEF Mix, LEF Daily Health Booster, carnosine, n-acetylcysteine (to defeat a mild caffeine addiction), curcumin, benfotiamine, and many more.  I don't take any prescription medications besides the Telmisartan.

YMMV, but I'm feeling pretty good about taking MitoQ, and plan to continue to do so.  It's expensive, but after reading the Colorado study, it's hard to imagine what it would be better to spend my money on than something like that, along with these other nutritional interventions.

--Macrohistory

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#7 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

Another link to the full text study here .

• like x 1

#8 macrohistory

• 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

I've taken MitoQ ever since I read about this Colorado study in the spring of 2018:

I'm a 57-year-old male with a cardiometabolic profile like this (as of last autumn -- due for another check-up soon):

Kidney function also normal despite the scare stories concerning kidney cells and MitoQ.  Liver enzymes and everything else normal.

I should say that I also take 20 mg of Telmisartan (Micardis) every morning to keep blood pressure down to around 115/75.  I'm a bit overweight, but exercise regularly (some HIIT, strength training, and cardio).  Actually, come to think of it, I've lost about 10 pounds since starting the MitoQ, but that may be a coincidence.  I also take many other nutritional supplements, including nicotinamide riboside (since August 2017), the K vitamins, D-3, LEF Mix, LEF Daily Health Booster, carnosine, n-acetylcysteine (to defeat a mild caffeine addiction), curcumin, benfotiamine, and many more.  I don't take any prescription medications besides the Telmisartan.

YMMV, but I'm feeling pretty good about taking MitoQ, and plan to continue to do so.  It's expensive, but after reading the Colorado study, it's hard to imagine what it would be better to spend my money on than something like that, along with these other nutritional interventions.

--Macrohistory

--Macrohistory

To the anonymous disliker:  I like my post even more now that you dislike it, so thanks!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: !

• Cheerful x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#9 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

I noticed a mild (but reproducible) improvement in stamina when I started taking Co-q10 decades ago in my 30s and I noticed something similar (added stamina over that from co-q010) when I added mito Q.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 omer

• 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 08:45 PM

i take it and it is great

Edited by omer, 26 November 2023 - 08:45 PM.

• Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitoq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users