• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

High complex carbohydrate, low - fibre food?

complex carbohydrates ibs gluten ectomorph anorexia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, quick question. 

I'm an ectomorph and I have anorexia. Not body dysmorphia. It's more related to a bunch of physical  events and correlates that happened in my life that changed me biologically and likely a stomach issue for which no issue has yet been found.

I would like to find a food that is a complex carbohydrate that lacks fibre, or, at least lacks insoluble fibre, or has very minimal fibre, so that my body will absorb it properly without quickly passing through or causing stomach or gastric irritation. 

I also have some issues with wheat. Not sure if it was an unfindable celiac issue (as when i got the scope done, i had barely even eaten wheat for a few months) or gluten intolerance or what. 

As it stands I'm eating white rice, because I can't handle brown rice- too fibrous- passes through body too quickly. And I'm eating white potatoes.

But I'm pretty sure these might be high-glycemic-index foods, to some appreciable degree. And that I might burn through it pretty quickly.

Looking for something more sustainable. Any ideas?

#2 mkp6019

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

I have had issues with silent reflux and fodmaps sensitivities. Lately, I have switched to low fat, low protein and high carb diet and seems to be doing better. Along the way I added Manuka honey and freeze dried strawberry and have recovered my voice which had been constantly hoarse. I think the honey and freeze dried strawberries seems to coat and calm the esophagus. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

White rice is perfect human food. Great for losing and gaining weight. Cultures that eat white rice are super healthy and age slow.

Potatoes, beans, oats, barley, homemade breads, pasta. Great food for gaining lean muscle mass and providing clean burning energy. 

Edited by misterE, 13 October 2019 - 06:24 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4 Darryl

• 650 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

To support misterE, white rice is probably the best option.

Competitive pro cyclists have embraced rice cakes as an ideal race food, not least because it minimizes fiber "residue" that the athletes must carry up their hill climbs. 

Edited by Darryl, 13 October 2019 - 07:55 PM.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: complex carbohydrates, ibs, gluten, ectomorph, anorexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users