• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

I don't want to go crazy, (I'd like help).

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garlicknots

• Life Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:44 AM

Sorry if this gets longwinded, thanks in advance. I have been reading some of the other messages and I find that people usually request this information, so I may as well provide it from the get go. If there is any more information that could be helpful--definitely ask!

Sex: Male
Diet: Omnivore, generally healthy stuff. Fish, meat etc. Varied.
Exercise: Nothing daily, I'll play some pick up softball on the weekends, some golf, whatever comes up. Once the pool opens, I might swim two or three times a week.
Sleep: I need 8 hours these days.
Stress: Relatively low. I don't really worry or i'm always worrying so I don't really notice it anymore, I don't know.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125
Some metrics of "intelligence": I score 99%+ on board tests (SATs, LSATs), I understand these aren't great metrics, but it is a bit of a guide, yeah?

More qualitative: (This is all self diagnosis so I'm "bullshitting" everything based on what I think are averages. Read average as average from my experience, very subjective.)

I wouldn't be surprised if I have a dearth of some neurotransmitters, serotonin and dopamine to be particular. This is from mood analysis, etc. From some recreational drug use, I'd say that I may be affected by increased dopamine more than average. I "trip" more.

I have difficulty concentrating. I find ADD drugs like ritalin to be very effective for studying. I do have some difficulty with my sleep patterns the next day after a dose. I never use them for tests, I find that I can usually concentrate well enough during tests and I feel like these drugs limit some of my mind (Anyone familiar with the LSAT--I usually "saw" the Logic Game answers w/o ritalin, with ritalin it was much more difficult).

Caffiene: I don't drink coffee. I rarely use caffiene since 1 pill of no doze makes me pretty sleepy in 20-30 minutes. Sometimes during study time, I take 2 caffiene pills, then do pushups to tire myself and end up napping. I power nap for about 45 mins-1 hour and when I wake up I feel pretty charged. Basically, I'd prefer no caffiene in a stack.

My visual memory is much better than my auditory memory.

I get 2 headaches an year. Both are related to excessive sleep deprivation/ ritalin/ caffiene around finals period.

Desires:
I'd like to maintain my quality of waking hours, but bring my sleeping down to 6-6.5 hours. I've had difficulty sustaining 6 in the past.
I'd like to up my working memory.
I''ve decided to study for the MCAT, 6 month time period. This is cold, haven't taken a science course in 4 years. (It will be computerized soon, so WM is more important)
I'd like to be able to concentrate with greater ease.
I wouldn't mind increased analytic abilities

Added bonus:
Eye hand coordination (my golf swing needs some work)

-x-

I was going to start with some Alpha-GPC and one of the catems before I found this board.
I definitely want to start small. I don't ever plan or think i'll need to take a stack 10 drugs high. I'd like to keep it down to three radicals.

Long term over short term! I have years to live.
Any suggestions that don't end up making me go crazy and stuff?

Thank you for any help!

#2 zorblart

• 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:19 AM

watch out for those numberplates, dude...

:)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:22 AM

see this maybe
http://www.imminst.o...=169&t=10547&s=

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:44 AM

May I also say take more food. I'm a hard gainer myself. Nuts come in handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users