Photo
- - - - -

Parasites, Worms

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:36 AM

Has this been addressed before? I ran across this interesting link http://www.parasiteremedies.com/
(literature at http://www.parasiter.../research1.html )
besides this herb mix http://www.vitacost....chtext-paragone (without specific mass description per ingredient) apart from the orthodox treatments - http://connection.lw...uments/Ch53.pdf

http://www.healthlin..... Solution.pdf

Any inputs?

#2 sentrysnipe

• Topic Starter
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:40 AM

edited report link

#3 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:18 AM

Yuck....

"Under ideal conditions, it’s possible to get three transits out of a capsule, if you decide on the option of capturing it, cleaning it thoroughly , wiping it with alcohol, and re-ingesting it."

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

I've done a couple courses of ParaGone. I now deny that there are such thing as parasites to keep my sanity, because that shit is nasty.

#5 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

anyone ever heard of albendazole?

#6 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Thanks sentrysnipe, I'm pretty sure you just gave me a new phobia. How would you know if you had any parasites or worms, and how would you get it? (Ignorant on such matters)

#7 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

You've already got them, the severity is what varies.

#8 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

Anyone has the visual imagination on how this sputnik device is retrieved back after use? [wis]

[tung]

#9 stormheller

• 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

EW, WORMS
EW, EW, EW, EW, EW

#10 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:00 PM

I was wondering how people felt about parasites and health here at imminst.

From research that I have done, it seems that having a good immune system makes a big difference on parasite infestation. That is about as far as I have delved into it. I imagine the many things life extensionists do have an anti-parasitic impact.

Also, occasional fasts eat them up. I know that is a controversial subject around here though.

Edit:

http://tinyurl.com/jgo92

The effect of fasting on Ascaris suum and Oesophagostomum spp. in growing pigs.

Petkevicius S, Nansen P, Stephenson L.

Lithuanian Veterinary Institute, Kaisiadorys, Lithuania.

Experiments were conducted to study the possible influence of fasting on Ascaris suum and Oesophagostomum spp. In growing pigs. Forty young crossbred pigs naturally infected with A. suum and Oesophagostomum spp. were used. In one experiment 10 pigs were fasted and offered water ad libitum for 6 days, in another experiment for 10 days. Subsequently, these pigs, together with 10 non-fasted control pigs per experiment were slaughtered, and worm numbers, worm location, sex, developmental stage and female worm fecundity were determined. Pigs fasted for 10 but not for 6 days had decreased numbers of A. suum and Oesophagostomum spp. at slaughter vs controls, and worms were found in more distal locations in the gastrointestinal tract. Fasting for both 6 and 10 days significantly lowered the fecundity of both worm species.

If you think about the many different ways fasting can eliminate parisites it makes sense. Not only is it from nutrition deprivation, but from how fasting affects our blood, fats, etc.

Edited by cnorwood19, 22 May 2006 - 06:16 PM.

#11 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

What kind of parasites? Are you saying everyone has unfriendly worms? Or are you reffering to any type of unfriendly organisms including simple bacterias?

#12 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:31 PM

You have some of each type: worms, fungus, bacteria, etc.

#13 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:41 PM

Yes, parasites are a major problem affecting the vast majority of us without us ever knowing about it. Parasites impair our ability to absorb nutrients from food and supplements, often resulting in fatigue and many other problems. (Not to mention costing us money on supplements we dont end up benefiting from.)

Vaxa has info on parasites, though they also sell a product. One of the difficulties is trying to find information that ISN'T linked to a product that someone is trying to sell, so we never know whether this is unbiased information or merely hype to sell a product.

I'm inclined to believe that these products do help since I've had the experience of seeing worms (or rather, worm fragments) in my stool after taking Vaxa's Parasitin. [:o] The problem is in taking the product regularly for the prescribed time. I always forget and end up back where I started from after wasting a week's worth of the product.

Of sentrysnipe's links, this one has the most extensive info on parasites and is worth the read.

#14 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:53 PM

I think that a good maintenance program to help minimize this stuff is something like cayenne, garlic, high fiber, grapefruit, probiotics/yogurt.

#15 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

one dose of albendazole and ivermectin combined will get rid of the vast majority of parasites. I don't get all these half assed herbal remedies when there is such an effective real treatment.

#16 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:30 AM

I can get ivermectin from the vet, but I doubt I can get albendazole.

#17 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:55 AM

one dose of albendazole and ivermectin combined will get rid of the vast majority of parasites.  I don't get all these half assed herbal remedies when there is such an effective real treatment.

You can make that argument for lots of situations.

#18 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:34 AM

AWESOME!

Guess a swig of bleach and club soda will do the trick... Or maybe others should continue to talk about reasonable ways of dealing with the problem.

#19 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:27 AM

Since there's no much info except from companies who sell it, how sure you can be we all have worms? I understand we can have some unfriendly bacteria and even fungus, but worms? Wouldn't there be many more drugs for it and wouldn't it be of greater concern in medicine?

JMorgan
You said you saw worm fragments in stool. How sure are you those were worm fragments? I've been reading in some local magazine about how people eat unhealthly and that most of the population has dried feces in colon which blocks nutritien absorption. Apparently Dr. Kellogs inventor of corn flakes investigated this (there were no references in article, it was just magazine article). And that taking enema can help people feel better because it gets rid of this dried and stucked feces pieces. JMorgan maybe what you saw was this?

#20 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:32 AM

This whole thread is kind of disgusting (and by "kind of", I mean "very, very"), but I can't help but keep reading, because I am afraid I will miss an important piece of information. [sick]

#21 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:43 AM

I've recently started eating some biscuits that contain lots of inulin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inulin). Interesting thing about inulin:
"It is only in the colon that bacteria metabolise inulin, with the release of significant quantities of carbon dioxide and/or methane."
Shouldn't this methane kill worms? :)

Some good links:
http://www.appliedoz.../parasites.html
"Another remedy for prevention is mixing one or two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Alternatively, you can take one tablespoon daily of 1 part apple cider vinegar, 2 parts apple juice, 1 part apple brandy."

This is good to know as i use apple vinegar so i'll think of myself as clean of worms :)

#22 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:09 AM

I keep seeing Jim Carrey's face looking back at me saying "I got worms."

#23 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:32 PM

da_sense, I just read that page, and I'm wondering if I have something wrong with my sinuses, they are constantly inflammed as stated, but I figured it was because of the area I lived in. Think there is much of a chance of it being parasites or bacteria?

#24 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:12 PM

the big b
I have no idea, i'm new to this topic. Your best bet is to visit a doctor. You can also ask for blood and stool check and you'll know for sure if you have parasites or not.
I'm pretty positive that with good hygiene and good diet it's easy to maintain good stomach flora and not worry about parasites. Otherwise shuldn't health care system be more concerned with it? I mean in that case we would all be giving stool samples every once in a while. It's not expensive and drugs to clean it are pretty cheap...
just my $0.02

#25 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

Most of the time, this isn't stuff to worry about. Sure, you have parasites, no way around it. If you don't live in the third world, you've got a damn good chance of going your whole life without knowing/noticing it.

#26 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:45 AM

You said you saw worm fragments in stool. How sure are you those were worm fragments?

Well, to be honest, I don't know what they were... but I dont usually have long (couple inches) stringy things come out in my stool. Also, I often have chunks of what looks like pieces of this:
Posted Image

And, though I haven't eaten nuts in a long time, I still occasionally have granules in the stool that have the consistency of crushed or chewed nuts. Now, I honestly don't know what that is, but something I read made me believe they were eggs. And I'd ere on the side of caution and cleanse my body just in case. :)

#27 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

I would just hate to buy a parasite be gone that gave me parasites.

I remember I guy in Oklahoma that sold a weight loss pill that REALLY worked! He made a bunch of money then skipped town. He was selling tape worm eggs in a gel cap.

#28 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

I remember I guy in Oklahoma that sold a weight loss pill that REALLY worked! He made a bunch of money then skipped town. He was selling tape worm eggs in a gel cap.

That reminds me of my neighbor Carl when he went on the South Bronx Paradise Diet, it really worked too!

#29 rahein

• 226 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:33 PM

So big b I guess you are Meatwad or Master Shake then. I am frylock already :)

#30 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

You can make that argument for lots of situations.

yes? and I do :)

allopathic medicine is good at treating active conditions, perhaps not so good at preventing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users