• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there any way to buy this dementia device?

neuroem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

https://www.neuroem....technology/#196

NeuroEM’s just-completed clinical trial is the first to administer TEMT to the entire human brain, and over an extended period of time. This open-label study was designed to evaluate the safety and initial clinical efficacy of TEMT against AD. Eight mild/moderate AD patients were treated with TEMT in-home by their caregivers for two months utilizing NeuroEM’s MemorEM™ head device.

They are saying it may become available in 2021 or so as follows.

It is anticipated that, with adequate funding and adherence to our clinical timeline, our MemorEM™ head device for treating AD could be available for commercialization in late 2021 or early 2022.

I would like to buy it for my father who has been having memory issues.

Edited by ryukenden, 01 October 2019 - 11:32 PM.

#2 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:36 AM

You could make it yourself or have it made by some electronics enthousiast. 
The JAD published paper shows the location of the electrodes and explains how the device works:

"
the device transmits electromagnetic waves in a pulsed fashion and sequentially through the 8 emitters at 915 MHz carrier frequency every 4.6 ms (e.g., a pulse repetition rate to each antenna of 217 Hz). Power levels (specific absorption rate, SAR) for each emitter were set at an average of 1.6 W/kg.
"

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

You could make it yourself or have it made by some electronics enthousiast. 
The JAD published paper shows the location of the electrodes and explains how the device works:

"
the device transmits electromagnetic waves in a pulsed fashion and sequentially through the 8 emitters at 915 MHz carrier frequency every 4.6 ms (e.g., a pulse repetition rate to each antenna of 217 Hz). Power levels (specific absorption rate, SAR) for each emitter were set at an average of 1.6 W/kg.
"

That would be a fairly advanced project for a DIY.  You essentially need a 1GHz signal generator capable of at least a few Watts power it seems (I'm assuming that the 1.6 W/kg is based on brain weight rather than body weight so a bit over 2W).  Then you'd need a set of RF switches and a controller to turn them on and off.  The controller is the easy part.  I suppose you could use a software defined radio (transmitter) to make the 915 MHz carrier and a power amplifier to get it up to the right power level.  You might actually find an RF switch matrix off the shelf to switch it to the various emitters at a reasonable price.  I haven't looked for such a thing.

It could be done, but the person doing it would need to know something about RF design.  There would be a trade off between time and money.  If you have $5,000 - $10,000 USD you could make it out of lab equipment with minimal design work.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

Maybe the 1.6 W/kg is based on the area the emitter is meant to reach and not based on the whole 1400g brain. In that case you would need less power. Maybe there is more info in the PDF.
Would it be easier to make several 915 MHz generators and just switch them on and off?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users