- - - - -

Can i take a Nootropic? , 25 year old female

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 glexia

• 106 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

Hi,

I´m thinking about begin a nootropic regimen. The reason is because in the past three months i have noticed lower memory, and i´m always absent-minded. I cannot center easily and i have very often mistakes in my job. I have change my life style this year (i used to eat horrible: sugar, chocolate....no vegetables, sometimes fruits, but not every day..), and now i have change this dramaticaly. In the other hand, i always do exercise, 3-4 or 5 days a week in a gym,and sometimes take a multivitamin. I don´t know why i´m feeling that way...if now i´m eating best than before. Do you recommend a nootropic for me?

Thanks! [thumb]

Glexia- 25 Spanish girl.

#2 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

Do your memory and distraction problems coincide with your life style change? I think you should get some blood tests before. Nootropics are mostly "enhancers" and are not going to “heal” you. If you have medical problems, you should find the cause.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

Now now, what kind of "nootropic" do you want? What exactly do you want it to do?

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:27 PM

your memory is not fading with age at 25, thats for sure... get your diet/dietary supplement regimen(multi,omega3,etc), sleep routine, stress relief(meditation, yoga) and exercise in check before you even think about noots.

#5 glexia

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

Thanks eberybody for the answers [tung]

Do your memory and distraction problems coincide with your life style change? I think you should get some blood tests before. Nootropics are mostly "enhancers" and are not going to “heal” you. If you have medical problems, you should find the cause.

Yes, i have done a bood test ,approximately 7 months ago, and the negative points were: anemia (ferropenic) and Cholesterol lower the normal level. Glucose were low , but in normal levels . Now I suppose that the anemia must be corrected due to the change in my nourishment. Of all forms, I will do another analysis shortly.

Now now, what kind of "nootropic" do you want? What exactly do you want it to do?

What about ortho mind?? do you recommend it to me?.

your memory is not fading with age at 25, thats for sure... get your diet/dietary supplement regimen(multi,omega3,etc), sleep routine, stress relief(meditation, yoga) and exercise in check before you even think about noots.

I think that to do yoga or meditation will help me. I´ll try to put it in practice. [thumb]

GLEXIA- 25 Spanish girl.

#6 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:21 PM

I'm going to hazard a guess that it might be partially a result of the good diet. I've seen a lot of people who decide to give up a lifetime eating routeine wind up feeling the worse for it. Just a shot in the dark, but if I were in your shoes I'd treat myself to a day or three eating what you once did, and see if it makes any difference. If so, you could try to narrow down what component in there you're currently lacking and find a healthy source of it.

Odd as this might sound, I'm going to put in a plug to picking up a new area of study. During a time I dropped out of school for a while, I saw a huge drop in my ability to retain new information when I needed it. It wasn't until I got back, and had to put in the daily mental excercise of a good sitdown with flashcards that I saw myself getting back to what I considered normal. Since then I've made a point of always having some subject that I'm somewhat unfamiliar with to study. Not even so much for the topic itself, though of course that is important for both motiation and purpose, but just because I've found that study sessions have a positive impact on my ability to remember information in other aspects of my life as well.

#7 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

you really need to address the anemia... it should have been addressed 7 months ago when you found out with immediate supplementation & long term dietary changes(eating vitamin-C rich foods along with beans & lean meats) and then re-checked a FEW times. dont asume things like that.

use iron bis-glycinate(the albion chelate) & take an iron-free multi at seperate times during the day.

#8 glexia

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:53 AM

Can i take ortho core + ortho mind + iron suplemment?? Is that mix ok?

#9 glexia

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

What about ortho mind+ ortho core+ iron supplement+ vitamin C???

Now i take Spirulin (3 gr a day). Can i take it with the others supplements?? I take it 4 weeks ago, because i have read it has a lot of iron. It´s ok?

Glexia- 25 spanish girl.

#10 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

What about ortho mind+ ortho core+ iron supplement+ vitamin C???

Now i take Spirulin (3 gr a day). Can i take it with the others supplements?? I take it 4 weeks ago, because i have read  it has a lot of iron. It´s ok?

Glexia- 25 spanish girl.

I can't say. This whole nootropic thing is more about experimenting than proper diagnostic...

#11 glexia

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:37 AM

But....is "Ortho Core" good for my age? I´m 25....Or is too much early? Can i take it for prevent aging of brain?

#12 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

Ortho-Core is a good supplement at any age (with the possible exception of children). Its more of an "optimal function and disease prevention" supplement than an anti-aging one though. For prevention of brain-aging, 1/2 cup - 1 cup of wild blueberries daily is a good bet. Blueberries have demonstrated a remarkable ability to rejuvenate the aging brain in recent rat studies, and they are super tasty.

#13 glexia

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:18 PM

Here in spain is difficult to buy blueberries . [mellow] .... Can i take organic bueberries juice? Or blueberries extract (pills)?? Will i get the same effect?? [huh]

Thanks [thumb]

GLEXIA- 25 Spanish girl.

#14 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:14 AM

What nootropic effects does vitamin c have?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:36 PM

Here in spain is difficult to buy blueberries . mellow.gif .... Can i take organic bueberries juice? Or blueberries extract (pills)?? Will i get the same effect??

I'm not certain about the juice, but wild blueberry extract should be a decent alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users