Photo
- - - - -

I need some good nootropics

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 garfildbg

• 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:02 AM

I am in big throuble. I have to memorise 250 pages in 3 days. So I need some advice on some really good nootropics stack. So if someone can tell me some nootropic stack with which I can memorise 250 pages in 3 days. And some nootropics that I can take few hours before test so I can be shure that I will remember everiting.

Any way I need some nootropics to improve my concentration, learning and fast up my memory.

Aleksandar

p.s Please help me

Edited by garfildbg, 29 May 2006 - 12:15 AM.

#2 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:17 AM

IMO, memorising 250 pages in 3 days in not realistic unless 245 of those pages are blank. Even if there was a proven nootropic that can increase memory I do not think it will help you memorise 250 pages in 3 days.

If someone has imposed such an unrealistic task of memorising 250 pages in 3 days onto you then if you fail they are to blame! It is a pretty big call.

However, lets do our best. My advice, read charts and understand the diagrams. Try and get an idea of the main ideas presented in the 250 pages. Spend 2 full days studying the 250 pages intently, be confident that you understand the main concepts/ideas presented in the pages.

Here is a basic plan for the 2 days. If you are free for the full 2 days.

Day 1: 7am-9pm

7am-8am Breakfast and light exercise such as a walk or light workout
8am-1pm Focus and study the first 125 pages. Consider your weak points
1pm-2pm Lunch and leisure
2pm-9pm Focus and study the second 250 pages. Consider your weak points

9pm-10pm Leisure
10pm Bed

Day 2: 7am-9pm

7am-8am Breakfast and light exercise such as a walk or light workout
8am-11am Read first 125 pages
11am-12noon Lunch and leisure
12 noon-3pm Read the second 125 pages
3pm-4pm Light snack and Leisure
4pm-9pm Read full 250 pages
(Have a 1 hour break at 6pm for Dinner and some light exercise. A walk to clear your mind)
9pm-10pm Leisure
10pm Bed

Day 3: Rest and relax. The rest i.e. latent period, is an essential part of the learning process.

be mindful not get overly distracted. If you wish you can lightly read the 250 pages before you go to bed on this night but not if it will affect your sleep.

Finally, good luck Aleksandar. Hope all is and will go well.

Edited by zoolander, 29 May 2006 - 12:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:22 AM

Zoolander has given you good advice and if his academic record is anything to go by he knows what he is talking about.

I would add the following advice:
a) Do not take anything you are unfamiliar with prior to an exam
b) Study in bursts of no longer than 1 hour with 10 minute breaks of stretching and exercising
c) Drop all simple carbs and reduce overall calorie intake to 80% of normal (this alone will increase your state of vigilance)
d) break the material up into logical chunks
e) create an overview in mind map drawings
f) summarize each chunk in point form
g) make an audio recording repeating each point 3 times
h) relax and listen to the audio recordings as often as possible
i) make adequate use of previous exam questions

What type of material is it?

#4 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

Well it looks as though instead of nootropics advice Aleksandar, you have gotten some lifestyle coaching.

Not a bad thing.

Happy to help out with what ever we can at the institute Aleksandar. I noticed that you are fairly new to the institute. Let me say welcome and its good to see you here. I also invite you to stick around and experiance the full spectrum of what we have to offer here at the institute.

I'm addicted :)

#5 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:18 AM

We all land here in a desperate moment... but getting results from nootropics usely take time...

#6 theone999

• 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:18 PM

There is Modafinil, I take 2 x 100mg 4 hrs apart, they take 3 hr to have sort of effect. So you could take that to stay alert or sleep less. Only minor side effect is a slight headache. I prefer it to Ritalin because of the lack of side effects, but Ritalin feels stronger.

Well one of the brain chemicals used in memory, particularly in stressful times or emotionally charged times is "Vassopressin". Now you could take Methylphenidate (Ritalin) which will make your vassopressin levels go up and remember better, as well as getting the stimulant benefits as Ritalin is similar to amphetamines. But that is a short term measure and it prob will have side effects. I got palpitations and insomnia personally. The way i took that was to get some Concerta XL, and dismantled the shell ( you'll know what i mean if you get some), got the actual pill inside, swirled it around in hot water and drank it to get effect in 30 mins. It's a bit messy cutting up the pill like that though. And the solution tastes horrible.

Or you could just buy Vassopressin nasal sprays. Although i havent used that before.

#7 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

Are the 250 pages full of data to be memorised? Not very realistiic if so. Is it concepts that must be learned? That is a different thing altogether. Is it a story that you will be questioned on? The best way I found to remember what you read or see is to be very relaxed and keep your attention on what you are reading. Stopping the mind from wandering is the main task. Soon as you find yourself thinking of something else, go back to the subject at hand.

#8 garfildbg

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

Are the 250 pages full of data to be memorised? Not very realistiic if so. Is it concepts that must be learned? That is a different thing altogether. Is it a story that you will be questioned on? The best way I found to remember what you read or see is to be very relaxed and keep your attention on what you are reading. Stopping the mind from wandering is the main task. Soon as you find yourself thinking of something else, go back to the subject at hand.

Yes they are full of data

#9 garfildbg

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

There is Modafinil, I take 2 x 100mg 4 hrs apart, they take 3 hr to have sort of effect. So you could take that to stay alert or sleep less. Only minor side effect is a slight headache. I prefer it to Ritalin because of the lack of side effects, but Ritalin feels stronger.

Well one of the brain chemicals used in memory, particularly in stressful times or emotionally charged times is "Vassopressin". Now you could take Methylphenidate (Ritalin) which will make your vassopressin levels go up and remember better, as well as getting the stimulant benefits as Ritalin is similar to amphetamines. But that is a short term measure and it prob will have side effects. I got palpitations and insomnia personally. The way i took that was to get some Concerta XL, and dismantled the shell ( you'll know what i mean if you get some), got the actual pill inside, swirled it around in hot water and drank it to get effect in 30 mins. It's a bit messy cutting up the pill like that though. And the solution tastes horrible.

Or you could just buy Vassopressin nasal sprays. Although i havent used that before.

So tell me what is better and safer for me to take Concerta XL or to tako Vassopressin nasal spray???
And can Concerta XL or Vasopresin help me to memorise faster.

#10 paul

• 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hate to keep pushing modafinil, but really its worked a dream. Ive been going through 2 weeks of pretty heavy exams, have just done two consecutive nights of under four hours sleep. Personally for me there is no doped up feeling I just feel awake and able to give my full attention to my work, end up getting very bored and almost want to be tired so i can avoid the monotonasy of work, but then i think that its only a few more days and I will be greatfull for it when their all over plus im learning about drugs, fascinating!! If its a one of period dont think you will do any long term damage by depriving yourself of sleep, back working again now after an exam which went very well, no tiredness, great focus no need to sleep.
Not to sure about this latent period on the third day. I would feel very stressed on this third day by not working. Im not the only one pulling 16 hour day revision period at the moment, it seems to be that the only people that get the top marks are the people willing to put in this much craming or are just more organised and work all year round, not for me. Everyone on my course at the mo is working this hard, simply cause its the only way, im the only one not yawning tho!

#11 garfildbg

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:57 AM

Thenke you all for you answers.

Can any one tell me I am from Belgrade, Serbia and there is no Concerta XL to buy in Belgrade or anywhere in my country. So can anyone tell me if I can bu Concerta XL on internet???

#12 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

Modafinil is class IV restricted substance that has the same restrictions as a class III. You need a prescription. Additionally, ConcertaXL is also presciption only which contains the warning

Concerta XL tablets must be swallowed whole and not chewed, broken or crushed. The tablets don’t dissolve completely after the medicine has been released in the intestines, and the shell of the tablets may sometimes be visible in the child's stools. This is normal and nothing to worry about.

however, theone999 seems to believe that it's ok

The way i took that was to get some Concerta XL, and dismantled the shell ( you'll know what i mean if you get some), got the actual pill inside, swirled it around in hot water and drank it to get effect in 30 mins. It's a bit messy cutting up the pill like that though. And the solution tastes horrible.

I do not think that it is safe to practice recommending prescription only medications to members. I advise against it. I also do not think that it is safe to recommend modifying the administration route of prescription medication.

garfildbg, please consider the advice that I gave. It is the safer and smarter choice.

#13 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:07 AM

Modafinil is class IV restricted substance that has the same restrictions as a class III. You need a prescription. Additionally, ConcertaXL is also presciption only which contains the warning

however, theone999 seems to believe that it's ok

I do not think that it is safe to practice recommending prescription only medications to members. I advise against it. I also do not think that it is safe to recommend modifying the administration route of prescription medication.

garfildbg, please consider the advice that I gave. It is the safer and smarter choice.

Yes.

To further the point, it is absolutely recommended against messing with the administration route with almost any pharmacological subtance. This case is a no-brainer as there was a specific warning against such procedures.

Also keep in mind that I would guesstimate that with such popular prescription drugs mentioned here, the percentage of fake drugs sold in the Internet is fairly high. Fakes can range from being milder than usual to not doing anything useful to containing quite harmful substances.

#14 paul

• 81 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:34 PM

Quote "I do not think that it is safe to practice recommending prescription only medications to members. I advise against it. I also do not think that it is safe to recommend modifying the administration route of prescription medication."

I thought this was a forum on brain enhancers not a lifestyle board. I think garfildbg mum could have given him this advice but given him a kick up the backside and told him to actually work on this third day. You cant judge a drug just because it on prescription. Piracetam is a prescription only drug and one of the very few which are not allowed to be given for emergency supply (like stychnine) in England. Would you not recommend this either?

Edited by paul, 31 May 2006 - 07:30 PM.

#15 theone999

• 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

depending on which country you are, buying prescription only drugs can be legal. Modafinil can be bought online in a mexican pharmacy and shipped to england, after you pay the customs tax, it is now legal as you are allowed to import drugs. Same with Piracetam

Concerta XL still would not be legal as it is a Class B substance in UK and you would need to have a prescription to have it in your possession.

But I'm just giving out honest advice to some who's in a desperate situation. In every decision, you weigh the pros and cons. In his situation, the benefit of him obtaining these drugs would out weigh the negative consequences. Concerta XL did give me unpleasant side effects, but i was willing to pay the price. Pro out wight cons. My advice is not for personal gain, no one pays me for my advice.

I didn't buy Concerta XL on the net, you dont' need to, i'm sure you or a friend know someone with ADHD.

Piracetam, Hydergine etc, half the nootropics are prescription only too. My GP told me it was for "jerking" and "eplepsy". I see nothing wrong in what i did.

#16 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

Yes there are loopholes that can and will be manipulated to get prescription only medications. I do it myself.

theone999, you mention that you had unpleasant side effects and were willing to pay the price but someone else may not be willing to. Someone else may experiance more serious side effects.

I use nootropics and take some of the prescription only pharmaceutical mentioned above but I have made educated choices based on my scientific knowledge and experiances. Once again though, I do not think it is wise to alter the administration route for a restricted substance when people are advised against doing so in clearly printed warnings. That's pretty straight forward.

This is an open forum for people to discuss ideas and to share their experiances with nootropics. All that we ask is that ideas and experiances are shared responsibly.

I think we all share the same goal in this post and that is to help Aleksander out in a difficult situation.

#17 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

Wow, you are an advisor now, zoo. Way to go! You'll be a director in no time

#18 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:02 PM

:) Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

It seems to be a tradition not to make a lot of hoopla over someone becoming a moderator. I noticed Funk and opales got no mention at all. You folks are volunteers and donate your time. I say congratulations to all the new mods, tradition or no tradition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users