Kombucha for treating skin aging

subcutaneous lipid synthesis. kombucha skin elastin collagen glycation age

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

While googling for ways to produce elastin in the skin or restore subcutaneous fat, I came across this patent:

Cosmetical use of Kombucha for treating skin aging

https://patents.goog.../EP1555999B1/en

I'm still reading through it, but I thought I'd post it here so others more knowledgeable than me can take a look and offer their opinions.

These are the Claims, and they caught my attention:

"Cosmetic use of kombucha to fight against skin ageing, in particular to prevent or inhibit the protein glycation, especially collagen, and to stimulate subcutaneous lipid synthesis." 

1. Cosmetic use of kombucha to fight against skin ageing, in particular to prevent or inhibit the protein glycation, especially collagen, and to stimulate subcutaneous lipid synthesis.

2. Use according to claim 1, to treat skin, mucosae and appendages, in particular for preventing the signs of endogenous and/or exogenous ageing, and particularly to restore suppleness and elasticity to the skin, to improve its appearance and the feeling of comfort, to carry out a cosmetic "lipofilling", to firm the skin of the face, hips, thighs, to tone the skin texture, to give back matter to the skin, to recover the full forms of a young face, re-densify the volume of the skin, to restore the brightness of the complexion, to increase radiance.

3. Use according to claim 1 or 2, to treat the wrinkles and/or the fine lines, the cutaneous and/or under-cutaneous sagging of the skin of the face, of the hips, of the thighs, the limpness (or the collapse) of cutaneous microrelief, the flask skin, the dull skin.

4. Use according to any of the claims 1 to 3, wherein kombucha is in a form bound to or incorporated in or absorbed in or adsorbed on macro-, micro-, and nanoparticles, or macro-, micro-, and nanocapsules, for the treatment of textiles, natural or synthetic fibres, wools, and any materials that may be used for clothing or for day or night underwear intended to come into contact with the skin or the hair to permit continuous topical delivery.

5. Use according to any of the claims 1 to 4, wherein kombucha is used in the form of solution, dispersion, emulsion, paste, or powder, individually or in pre-mix, or vehiculated individually or as a pre-mix by carriers such as macro-, micro-, or nanocapsules, liposomes or chylomicrons, macro-, micro-, or nanoparticles or macro-, micro-, or nanosponges, or adsorbed on organic polymer powders, talcs, bentonites, or other inorganic.

Edited by Lady4T, 08 December 2019 - 09:12 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#2 Oakman

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:51 AM

Seems to say that K has benefit to the skin. OK, perhaps true, who knows. But then they say compositions can have almost any other active ingredients imaginable. So alternatively, they might as well say, take any cosmetic formulation for any purpose, then simply add K and you have a winner. 

I call BS on this one, unless K really has magical properties beyond all those 'other' active ingredients.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Lady4T

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:22 PM

Yeah... it does sound iffy. But then again, it seems like just about every plant has claims of being good for skin. Which I'm sure they are to a point. The trick is to find the plant compound that would produce dramatic and lasting results.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subcutaneous lipid synthesis., kombucha, skin, elastin, collagen, glycation, age

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users