* * * - - 2 votes

Rice and beans and vegetarian... stuff

vegetarian

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:14 PM

Well, I have been predominately vegetarian for a number of months now.  My meal for lunch and evening is rice and beans.  Am I missing anything from this?  i put carrots and kale and stuff in it, but there is no meat in there.

When I make it I put olive oil in it as well.  I've been omnivore for so long I don't know if there is anything absent from vegetarian foods.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#2 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:08 AM

Been following a starch based diet for over 10 years. Only thing you really need is B12. Eat some cheese on a special occasion and you'll be fine. 

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:22 AM

I have eaten no meat and hardly any fish in about 50 years now. While carnivores I think will ingest more minerals than they need (iron, calcium etc.) , vegetarians might get a bit too little of them. We  had better take care to eat a very varied diet with many vegetables, fruits and mushrooms. I do this but also supplement zinc every now and then and  eat some seaweed for iodine.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vegetarian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users