Addressing all the hallmarks of aging with supplements

aging reversal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MikeGreo

• 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

I would like to find out a great supplement stack that addresses ALL of the hallmarks of aging. I know about some, but clueless to the rest.

It seems some supplements, ingredients/molecules can overlap and be beneficial for more than one hallmark.

From my understanding the following is a list of the hallmarks of aging:

1. Genomic Instability: NR, NMN, NAD, Resveratrol, mTor inhibitors, AMPK activators
  2. Epigenomic Alterations: NR, NMN, NAD, Resveratrol, mTor inhibitors, AMPK activators
  3. Telomeres Attrition: Astragaloside IV, Cycloastragenol, NAD
  4. Deregulated Nutrient Sensing:
  5. Loss of Proteostasis:
  6. Cellullar Senescence: Carnosine, Quercitin
  7. Stem Cell Exhaustion:
  8. Mitochondrial Dysfunction: PQQ, MitoQ, R-Lipoic Acid, e.g. Life Extension Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ
  9. Altered Cellular Discommunication:

I am not sure I know the difference between 1 and 2. Also where does the antioxidants come in?

I would appreciate if we can fill in the empty spaces.

Kind regards,

Mike

#2 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:17 AM

The list is much longer.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:02 AM

Hi Mike, & your approach to longevity appears quite admirable.  Designing the ultimate stack to achieve coverage of all these angles may be complicated, due to interactions and possible downside risk of poly-supplementation with multiple cellular-modulating agents.  My knowledge of cellular physiology and the effects of combination supplemental therapies isn't up to the task of figuring this all out, but I would look to the boffins who've spent their lives studying these things for perhaps the best guidance.  David Sinclair, Chris Masterjohn, Ray Peat, SelfHacked, etc. Even these guys (many of them PhDs) don't agree on how best to mix & match supplements, lifestyles & nutrition for optimal effect.  

One of my "No-Brainer" approaches to multiple aspects of the aging & longevity issue is Iron Homeostasis aka controlling "Ferrotoxic Disease".  I've got a collection of links on this here: 

https://www.longecit...isease-omnibus/

If you dig into the weeds of this issue, you'll see:

Fenton Chemistry associated with Free/Labile iron is responsible for 60-70% of cellular DNA damage: https://en.wikipedia...l_damage_to_DNA

Iron acts as a catalyst for lipid oxidation of cellular membranes, proteins & myelin sheaths of neurons: https://nanopdf.com/...d-oxidation_pdf

Iron deposits are a universal finding in brain tissue of Alzheimer's patients: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6139360/

--------------------------

What I like best about the Iron Homeostasis angle of longevity, is that it doesn't involve intense exercise, a Spartan diet or complex supplement protocols.  Regular whole blood donation (2-3 times/year) and a few chelators (Quercetin, Curcumin & IP6/Inositol Hexaphophate) are all it takes to greatly reduce the effects of age related Ferrotoxic Disease.  I tend to rant & rave about this "theory", but I've actually seen remarkable results in my own life.  I started donating blood in my 30s (7 gallons over the years), and now in my mid 60s, I enjoy remarkable health, this despite my rather dreadful habits of red meat, beer & wine, & exercise avoidance.  

I wish you well in your quest for the ultimate stack, but in the meantime, there is an easy work-around for many aspects contributing to aging and disease.  Get thee to a blood bank!  The life you save may be your own!  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 19 January 2020 - 04:12 AM.

• unsure x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#4 JamesPaul

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:55 AM

I'm not disputing the value of ridding the body of excess iron.  But blood donation has an independent benefit:  reducing blood viscosity.  See

https://holisticprim...r-disease-risk/

The first sentence of the article is "A quick search on the PubMed database reveals nearly 1,000 scientific papers linking blood viscosity to cardiovascular disease events and risk factors."

Returning to the original question, I suggest reading Dr. Sandra Kaufmann's book, The Kaufmann Protocol:  Why We Age and How To Stop It. It was written in July 2018 and so doesn't reflect what has been learned since then, but contains an enormous amount of information.  It has a lot of typos which you'll have to overlook.

Edited by JamesPaul, 06 February 2021 - 01:04 AM.

#5 qge

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2021 - 12:04 AM

Loss of Proteostasis:   https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6801507/

Altered Cellular Discommunication: NR ,NMN

Stem Cell Exhaustion:  bluberry , green tea , carnosine  , curcumin , icariin , NR

Edited by qge, 07 February 2021 - 12:06 AM.

#6 qge

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2021 - 12:14 AM

https://www.lifespan...ging-explained/

#7 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 03:54 AM

Sleep - total darkness(mask/curtains) 8+ hours, pink noise helps, no caffeine after lunch.

Exercise a few times a week, even 1 time a week is beneficial

Limit sugar and salt - Ideally your resting sugar should be 75-80, blood test.

K2(not K, there is a difference) and Magnesium - Get calcium where it needs to be = Thomas Levy really hates calcium, not a fan of Iron(already mentinoed) or copper either.  Read the entire page !

Make sure you are getting enough omegas(~1000mg)(CoD oil for natural A and alternate with Krill), choline, lithium,  and vitamin D (40ng/ml blood test), common deficiencies.

As we age

-take a digestive enzyme - you need good stomach acid to get nutrients out of food and we make less with age, probiotic isnt bad idea either.

-DHEA supplement and keep an eye on your testosterone

-most people are collagen starved, take vitamin C a few times a day and scoop of collagen powder.

-work on ampk .

-NR, NMN, or NAD

-senolytics

-spermidine (like ampk)

-some fasting

Edited by Gal220, 07 February 2021 - 04:00 AM.

• Good Point x 3

#8 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:39 AM

Cognitive re-building: Racetams, Lithium, Tyrosine, ALCAR. Alpha GPC. 

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2021 - 02:34 AM

Cognitive re-building: Racetams, Lithium, Tyrosine, ALCAR. Alpha GPC.

By far the best cognitive booster is free... Exercise 5x a week. Reading books and keeping the mind active is hugely beneficial

Nicotine, centrophenoxine, and galantamine should be on the supplement list.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aging reversal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users