Supplements to get back dreams?

dreams brain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Starchild1337

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:08 AM

For the last 3 years have not had a single dream while sleeping. I think this was caused by taking an SSRI for a month since it coincides with the start of not having dreams. Which herbs or nootropics help with this?

I heard that not having dreams is a bad sign for brain health.

#2 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

Magnesium will be really good for you +-+

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:41 PM

Which SSRI are you using that makes you stop dreaming?

I have the opposite but it has been due to a psychosis, I dream way too much that it really disrupts my sleep... Damn, I wish I could stop dreaming!

#4 gintrux

• Registrant
  • 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:02 PM

try lions mane 500mg + p5p 20-40mg (there was a study showing vitamin b6 improves dream recall) + horny goat weed + motherwort (these two boost tetrahydrobiopterin bh4)

#5 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:17 AM

Taking a nap after taking probiotics on an empty stomach causes dreamrecall for me. Also prebiotic fibers like resitant potato starch does it. Most consistently though, dreamrecall was back when I reached an intake of 200 mg of vitamin B6 per day. (always start with a low dose of any nutrient and increase it very gradually over weeks, months and years, to avoid any adverse-effects from too high a dose - needs are very individual)

#6 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:05 AM

I've tried a supplement called huperzine-A before and it definitely increased the vividness of my dreams. I had to stop though because of some side effects. I've read there is also galantamine and these two are popular for increasing lucid dreams. So you can read up about them both and it might be what you are looking for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2022 - 02:43 AM

the more intense a dream is the easier it is to remember. your dreams might not be be that important to you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreams, brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users