* * * * * 2 votes

Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#1861 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Maximum tolerable uptake for Vitamin C is 2 grams per day in adults.  These guidelines suggest 8 grams per day prophylaxis and then something like 10 grams daily in Early Treatment.  That seems crazy to me.  I would definitely get diarrhea.

Yes it's important to keep in mind cost vs. benefit and prophylaxis vs. treatment.  See this LitCovid study, vitamin C is being investigated as a treatment in moderate to severe cases.

But the megadosing movement is likely just more quacks seeking out an easy, at-home miracle cure.  If you read the vitamin D studies on LitCovid, you'll see they all clearly involve "deficiency" in the title.  They are not extolling the virtues of supraphysiologic dosing :sleep:

Nevertheless it's interesting,

Perspective: Vitamin D deficiency and COVID-19 severity - plausibly linked by latitude, ethnicity, impacts on cytokines, ACE2, and thrombosis (R1).

RESULTS: Regression modelling shows that more northerly countries in the Northern Hemisphere are currently (May 2020) showing relatively high COVID-19 mortality, with an estimated 4.4% increase in mortality for each 1 degree latitude north of 28 degrees North (P=0.031) after adjustment for age of population. This supports a role for ultraviolet B acting via vitamin D synthesis. Factors associated with worse COVID-19 prognosis include old age, ethnicity, male sex, obesity, diabetes and hypertension and these also associate with deficiency of vitamin D or its response. Vitamin D deficiency is also linked to severity of childhood respiratory illness. Experimentally, vitamin D increases the ratio of angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) to ACE, thus increasing angiotensin II hydrolysis and reducing subsequent inflammatory cytokine response to pathogens and lung injury.

• Agree x 5
  • Ill informed x 3

#1862 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:31 PM

Maximum tolerable uptake for Vitamin C is 2 grams per day in adults.  These guidelines suggest 8 grams per day prophylaxis and then something like 10 grams daily in Early Treatment.  That seems crazy to me.  I would definitely get diarrhea.

It is really hard to get too much vitamin C when sick - link 

"One of the most important functions of vitamin C is to support and energize the body’s immune system. Immune cells have active vitamin C transporter molecules embedded in their membranes that actively pump the vitamin into the cells when more vitamin C is required.5,11

For example, during times of inflammation or infection, those transporters ramp up their activity to provide sufficient vitamin C to the cells’ inner workings, causing cells to attain levels up to 100-fold that of the plasma level. This is why blood levels of vitamin C drop during times of disease or infection (see Table above).5,11

This can create a potentially vicious cycle in which, just when you need extra vitamin C, your body’s stores are depleted. This also makes it especially important to increase one’s intake of vitamin C when sick."

Another reason to make sure you are getting enough insulin, CDC should have been pushing people to address their sugar diabetes long time ago - link

It was crazy to read this article from Oxford about insulin, one would think hospitals are already aware of the immunity problems of high sugar - link

"White blood cells have more insulin pumps than any other type of cell and may contain 20 times the amount of vitamin C as other cells.  They also need 50 times more vitamin C inside the cell than in the blood plasma in order to handle the oxidative stress that occurs when they encounter a pathogenic substance (1011).

When white blood cells encounter pathogenic bacteria and viruses they must ingest or phagocytize these organisms in order to neutralize them.  The phagocytic index measures how effective a particular white blood cell is at destroying viruses, bacteria & cancer cells.  Elevated blood sugar impairs this phagocytic index.  In fact, a blood sugar of 120 reduces the phagocytic index by 75% (12)."

• Agree x 1

#1863 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:44 PM

With the possibility of Rapamycin helping with the Coronavirus. Would you please repeat the retailers that we can trust?

COVID study examines efficacy of immune regulating drug

https://medicalxpres...=daily-nwletter

Rapamycin is administered daily for immunosuppression.  And administered weekly for anti-aging.   The two uses are different. The researchers in the link say they are familiar with the nuances of the drug from administering it for a rare lung disease.   The Cincinnatti trial is quite preliminary:  https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04371640  Although I am more risk-tolerant than most, I wouldn't self-administer rapamycin daily for coronavirus.  When?  How much?  What dangers to watch for?  When to halt?  

Whereas the Cincnnatti trial is a daily dose, likely immunosuppressing.   Dr. Alan S. Green supports weekly use of raplyamycin for antiaging  https://rapamycintherapy.com/.  He also comments on coronavirus and rapamycin, although the thrust of his remarks is not clear.  Perhaps a physician like him could advise you. 

There is NOT sufficient medical evidence to establish with scientific certainty the efficacy of sirolimus in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 or furthermore whether sirolimus is contraindicated.

I have been inundated by the question of whether one should stop or not stop rapamycin in response to COVID-19. In response to those questions, I have prepared this summary of what I consider the best evidence that sirolimus provides protection against COVID-19. I think most of this protection is having a healthy immune system prior to exposure.

#1864 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:44 AM

To whom it may concern: SAY NO MORE about vitamin D until after you have watched Dr. Seheult’s Update #97.

• Informative x 1

#1865 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

To whom it may concern: SAY NO MORE about vitamin D until after you have watched Dr. Seheult’s Update #97.

Reading some of the comments under the video someone asked if you should take Vitamin K with

Vitamin D for absorption.  But, one person commented that during a live stream the doctor was

asked about taking Vitamin K and recommended that Vitamin K should NOT be taken at this time

because of its effect on blood clots and coagulates and that it could be dangerous with Covid

So should we be taking Vitamin K with our Vitamin D at this time or not?

Edited by lancebr, 18 July 2020 - 02:02 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#1866 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:23 AM

So should we be taking Vitamin K with our Vitamin D at this time or not?

I would take it if you want to keep the calcium out of your arteries - link1 , link2  , but Im also taking Serracor(Natto alternative) to clean blood and prevent clots

"The first clues that vitamin K2 is important for cardiovascular health came from the so-called “Rotterdam Study.” In this prospective study, healthy elderly people consuming the highest intake of dietary vitamin K2 had some 50% less vascular calcification and cardiovascular death. Thus, the link between vitamin K2 consumption and vascular disease was established. This work has now been confirmed by a second, independent study showing the same trend."

Edited by Gal220, 18 July 2020 - 02:56 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • unsure x 1

#1867 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:51 AM

I would take it if you want to keep the calcium out of your arteries - link1 , link2  , but Im also taking Serracor(Natto alternative) to clean blood and prevent clots

"The first clues that vitamin K2 is important for cardiovascular health came from the so-called “Rotterdam Study.” In this prospective study, healthy elderly people consuming the highest intake of dietary vitamin K2 had some 50% less vascular calcification and cardiovascular death. Thus, the link between vitamin K2 consumption and vascular disease was established. This work has now been confirmed by a second, independent study showing the same trend."

Thanks. In the Longecity Forum you also have probably one of the best researched threads on the topic:

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=612787

Edited by albedo, 18 July 2020 - 06:54 AM.

• Informative x 1

#1868 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

Glycyrrhizin is one that has already been used to treat COVID-19. “Glycyrrhizin (GL) is a frequent component in traditional Chinese medicines, which have been used to control COVID-19 infections ...has anti-inflammatory properties by itself via toll like receptor 4 (TLR4) antagonism”.

The quoted sentence about GL does not appear in the linked article.  

Clarification, please?  Thanks, 

#1869 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:57 PM

Eat more cabbage and cucumber:

For each g/day increase in the average national consumption of some of the vegetables (head cabbage and cucumber), the mortality risk for COVID-19 decreased by a factor of 11, down to 13.6 %. Lettuce consumption increased COVID-19 mortality.

https://www.medrxiv....7.17.20155846v1

Edited by smithx, 18 July 2020 - 07:59 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1870 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

The quoted sentence about GL does not appear in the linked article.  

Clarification, please?  Thanks, 

Wrong link. Sorry, I will try to correct the original. 

The correct link is: https://dx.doi.org/1...immu.2020.01239

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1871 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

In post #1856, I put forth that inhibitors/antagnonists of TLR4 should be effective against COVID-19 because an in silico study had predicted that spike protein binds to TLR4 and TLR4 engagement promotes maturation of megakaryoccytes from hematopoietic progenitors.

I then tried to point out that Glycyrrhizin is a known TLR4 antagonist that has already been used to treat COVID-19. “Glycyrrhizin (GL) is a frequent component in traditional Chinese medicines, which have been used to control COVID-19 infections ...has anti-inflammatory properties by itself via toll like receptor 4 (TLR4) antagonism”. My original link was incorrect.

Interestingly the linked paper makes the point that TLR4 activity can be regulated by ACE2; “ACE2 activity is generally protective, including for lung tissue (26). It does so by suppressing the consequences of the activation of the receptor for endotoxin (LPS), i.e., the toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and as a consequence related inflammation in the lung (endotoxin storm)”.

So, this virus can activate TLR4 by at least 2 ways: direct binding by spike protein and inhibiting ACE2 to relieve the suppression of TLR4. TLR4 promotes every step from proliferation and differentiation of megakaryocyte progenitors to platelet activation. There are plenty of good to try to inhibit TLR4.

There probably are many TLR4-inhibiting natural products. Glycyrrhizin just showed up early in the search. There is a large body of literature showing that melatonin inhibits TLR4-mediated events.

Edited by DanCG, 18 July 2020 - 09:27 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1872 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:13 PM

Thanks. In the Longecity Forum you also have probably one of the best researched threads on the topic:

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=612787

Unfortunately the juvenile delinquent in me thoroughly enjoyed that thread, and that thread is far more important than this one in terms of mortality, but I think you had the best link in thread for K2 - link 

Whether you take more calcium or not, the vitamin D is going to diffuse it from your bones, you want to make sure you are getting enough K2 so it gets back to where it belongs.  - link1link2   , Along with the other cofactors - mag/calc.

"Total BMD(bone mineral densifty) decreased over the three-year period by 1.4 per cent in the 400 IU group, 2.6 in the 4,000 IU group and 3.6 in the 10,000 IU group. "

• Informative x 1

#1873 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:18 AM

doh, last post. first link should have gone HERE

#1874 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:58 AM

Taking cholesterol-lowering drug fenofibrate could reduce severity of coronavirus to the level of common cold.

Edited by Hip, 21 July 2020 - 04:59 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1875 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:57 PM

Little back and forth on quercetin in two articles - medpagetoday and Dr.KaraFtzgerald

"An Open letter to Medpage on their recent quercetin and Covid-19 paper"

"Romilly Hodges points out: “Overall the article ends on rather a downer about quercetin, pointing to its poor bioavailability as an argument for presumed ineffectiveness. To me, this argument is clearly opposed by the clinical trials using oral quercetin that have shown systemic effects."

"They also presume that, when you ingest quercetin, it needs to be absorbed in the same form as you ingest it to produce benefits. However, it’s likely that quercetin’s modulation of the gut microbiota, and the bacterially-produced quercetin metabolites (which may be better absorbed?) have a role in its effects.”

Interesting point on the metabolites, however the Q chews the military developed from its clinical trials to fight influenza in exhausted soldiers used vitamin c which is known to aid in absorption.

The author of the MedPage article did reach out to Canadian group(Chretien and Mbikay) doing the quercetin clinical trial in China, but no response.

• Informative x 2

#1876 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:05 AM

Hi- very occasional poster here, frequent lurker and very concerned about how this pandemic is being "managed" by the people in control.  At any rate, I came across what I thought was a really interesting paper. 

https://m.scirp.org/papers/101227  

Called both the clinic and the compounding pharmacy in AZ to see if I could get access to this. You need a script to order from the pharmacy. I'm in CA,  they are not licensed here. Besides AZ, I think they said they were licensed in NV,  NM,  OR and WA.  Anyway,  I thought it was pretty great- essentially neutralized quercetin and NAC for treatment of COVID symptoms as well as other lung/ breathing issues... allergies, asthma,  COPD, etc. 

Cheers,

Sally

• Informative x 5
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1877 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:21 AM

Meant to say nebulized , not neutralized. 

• Agree x 1

#1878 hype_wagon

• 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:48 AM

PLEASE NOTE: Lablab beans have high levels of toxins afaik and have to be boiled several times before you can eat them. Do NOT eat them or mess with them unless you know what you're doing.

A carbohydrate-binding protein from the edible Lablab beans effectively blocks the infections of influenza viruses and SARS-CoV-2

Yo-Min Liu, Md. Shahed-Al-Mahmud, Xiaorui Chen, Chi-Huey Wong, Jia-Tsrong Jan, Che Ma, et al.

Published:July 24, 2020 | DOI:https://doi.org/10.1...rep.2020.108016

Highlights

•    FRIL is a plant lectin with potent anti-influenza and anti-SARS-CoV-2 activity.
    •    FRIL preferentially binds to complex type N-glycans on viral glycoproteins.
    •    FRIL inhibits influenza virus entry by sequestering virions in late endosomes.
    •    Intranasal administration of FRIL protects against lethal H1N1 challenge in mice.

Summary
The influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) and coronavirus spike (S) protein mediate virus entry. HA and S proteins are heavily glycosylated, making them potential targets for carbohydrate binding agents such as lectins. Here we show that the lectin FRIL, isolated from hyacinth beans (Lablab purpureus), has anti-influenza and anti-SARS-CoV-2 activity. FRIL can neutralize 11 representative human and avian influenza strains at low nanomolar concentrations, and intranasal administration of FRIL is protective against lethal H1N1 infection in mice. FRIL binds preferentially to complex type N-glycans, and neutralizes viruses that possess complex type N-glycans on their envelopes. As a homotetramer, FRIL is capable of aggregating influenza particles through multivalent binding and trapping influenza virions in cytoplasmic late endosomes, preventing their nuclear entry. Remarkably, FRIL also effectively neutralizes SARS-CoV-2, preventing viral protein production and cytopathic effect in host cells. These findings suggest potential application of FRIL for prevention and/or treatment of influenza and COVID-19.

This review compares their data set on seaweed, to other studies' reported efficacy of HCQ.  Some seaweed has lots of iodine.. lots of potential other mechanisms too (if it turns out to be real).

July 23, 2020
In Cell Studies, Seaweed Extract Outperforms Remdesivir in Blocking COVID-19 Virus

HEPARIN, A COMMON ANITCOAGULENT, COULD ALSO FORM BASIS OF A VIRAL TRAP FOR SARS-COV-2
By Mary L. Martialay

In a test of antiviral effectiveness against the virus that causes COVID-19, an extract from edible seaweeds substantially outperformed remdesivir, the current standard antiviral used to combat the disease. Heparin, a common blood thinner, and a heparin variant stripped of its anticoagulant properties, performed on par with remdesivir in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 infection in mammalian cells.

Published online today in Cell Discovery, the research is the latest example of a decoy strategy researchers from the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS) at Rensselear Polytechnic Institute are developing against viruses like the novel coronavirus that spawned the current global health crisis.

The spike protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2 latches onto the ACE-2 receptor, a molecule on the surface of human cells. Once secured, the virus inserts its own genetic material into the cell, hijacking the cellular machinery to produce replica viruses. But the virus could just as easily be persuaded to lock onto a decoy molecule that offers a similar fit. The neutralized virus would be trapped and eventually degrade naturally.

Previous research has shown this decoy technique works in trapping other viruses, including dengue, Zika, and influenza A.

• Informative x 3

#1879 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:53 PM

Rather interesting development, looks like the thought police have gotten to Mercola. Although I dont promote everything the site says, imo they did have the best Covid page.  

The page has been removed, I guess due to outside pressure - CSPI targets Mercols magical Covid cures , Mercola rejects accusations in watchdogs congressional CoVid 19 claims.

The first link gives breakdown of Mercolas top tips ... at least people can inadvertently get some good advice here.

#1. Wash your hands. (TRUE.)
#2. Address diabetes and hypertension. (TRUE.)  -  Good luck finding this advice on the CDC , Mayo, or WebMD
#3. Boost immunity with nutrients. (FALSE. Dietary supplements will not "boost" your immune system.)  - Strange, every wellness site on the internet is recommending more vitamin C,D, and zinc.  So crazy.
#4. Increase vitamin D intake. (DUBIOUS. Only people who are deficient in vitamin D may want to take a supplement.)  -  Look up a few posts to see Medcram guy go over some of the vit D studies.
#5. Vitamin C is vital. (FALSE. Vitamin C supplementation is nearly useless for treating or preventing viral infections.) - Weird how the body can absorb so much more vit C when sick... see links in the 2nd post on this page.
#6. Use quercetin. (FALSE. The FDA has issued warning letters to other companies that sell quercetin as an anti-inflammatory drug.) - There are clinical trials underway using it and again, its almost universally recommended as an adjunct 
#7. Get plenty of sleep. (PROBABLY TRUE. This is generally good health advice.) - Probably? I bet he didnt read the article.
#8. Get adequate sunshine. (DUBIOUS. Mercola ties it to the body's vitamin D production, but this is itself dubious. See #4.) - sad really
#9. Exercise boosts immunity. (PROBABLY TRUE. Exercise is always good advice.) - He agrees, but yet another CDC failure.
#10. Stay hydrated. (PROBABLY TRUE. This is generally good health advice.)
#11. Try pre-, pro-, and sporebiotics. (FALSE. Mercola claims that the bacterium Prevotella might interact with the coronavirus to create the symptoms of COVID-19. This is unproven.)  - I wonder about the percentages, but hardly unique to Mercola, nearly every site I visit claims 70% of your immunity is in the gut..

IMO a warning shot to every wellness site on the net.  I wonder why that dastardly Mercola included tips he couldnt profit from?

Edited by Gal220, 27 July 2020 - 07:57 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1880 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:42 AM

Bradykinin was discussed here on page 29, in post #855, #856, #861 and then on page 33, post #962 , #964, #976, #980, #985

Three months later, these folks catch up with the aid of a supercomputer.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#1881 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

Has the zinc-ionophoric function really dose-dependend been tested via intracellular zinc?

In a roundabout way I actually did. For example my serum levels show I'm deficient in zinc, and had some excess in copper. Resulting in a devastating serum copper/zinc ratio.

However, interestingly at the same time zinc and copper tested in whole-blood - which is serum including all white and red blood cells and clotting factors intracellular content - both show even excessive high. Cu and Zn both improving recently in this respect.

Attached File  Copper-Zinc.png   137.97KB   2 downloads

Though higher than normal whole blood zinc arose after 8 months on 70 mg/d elemental zinc intake only:

Attached File  cu-zn.png   39.01KB   0 downloads

Though I did get the zinc-ionophores of 270 mg/d of EGCG and 200 mg/d of quercetin during that whole time, on empty stomach in the morning while zinc always with dinner only.

Therefore my specific question would rather be, are there any substances with the reversing effect of zinc-ionophores? Shuffling zinc back out of cells into serum again?

#1882 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:49 AM

Mayo Clinic Exploratory analysis of immunization records highlights decreased SARS-CoV-2 rates in individuals with recent non-COVID-19 vaccinations

https://www.medrxiv....7.27.20161976v2

"In this exploratory study, we analyze immunization records from 137,037 individuals who received SARS-CoV-2 PCR tests.

We find that polio, Hemophilus influenzae type-B (HIB), measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), varicella, pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13),

geriatric flu, and hepatitis A / hepatitis B (HepA-HepB) vaccines administered in the past 1, 2, and 5 years are associated with decreased

SARS-CoV-2 infection rates, even after adjusting for geographic SARS-CoV-2 incidence and testing rates, demographics, comorbidities,

and number of other vaccinations. Furthermore, age, race/ethnicity, and blood group stratified analyses reveal significantly lower

SARS-CoV-2 rate among black individuals who have taken the PCV13 vaccine, with relative risk of 0.45 at the 5 year time

horizon (n: 653, 95% CI: (0.32, 0.64), p-value: 6.9e-05)."

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#1883 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Is it death rates?  There was already a suggestion made that co-morbid influenza and COVID was presenting the body two simultaneous infections, which many older or unwell patients could not handle both at once.

As for cases, there are plenty of selection biases which hinder a sure result.  Those opting in for vaccination are likely to follow a generally clean and cautious life otherwise, and could even opt out of testing on this basis (that they are "clean") unless they were severely symptomatic.  The opposite trend was observed in the Military study (quoted below), in which men likely felt a false sense of security from the flu vaccine and went on to be infected by COVID more often than their non-flu-vaccinated peers.

One can only guess at this point.  But having never had a flu vaccine, I see no reason to start now.  My body usually fights off the flu in 5-10 days and it's a good reason to miss a day or two of work a year.  The H1N1pdm09 strain went deeper in my lungs and took a full month or 6 weeks, but I have trouble believing it would be fatal paired up with anything but MERS. Old people are likelier to be vaccinate for the flu and to have a robust immune response to the vaccine, so it works out best for them.

Flu Vaccine Increases Coronavirus Risk 36% Says Military Study
71 Comments / VA Healthcare / By Benjamin Krause
DOD Study Coronavirus Flu Vaccine

A recent military study shows military personnel evaluated who received the flu vaccine were at 36 percent increased risk for coronavirus with varied benefit in preventing some strains of the flu.

“Examining noninfluenza viruses specifically, the odds of both coronavirus and human metapneumovirus in vaccinated individuals were significantly higher when compared to unvaccinated individuals (OR = 1.36 and 1.51, respectively) (Table 5).”

The flu vaccine studied demonstrated varied benefit in flu prevention – – some strains showed significant benefit while others did not.

Titled, Influenza vaccination and respiratory virus interference among Department of Defense personnel during the 2017–2018 influenza season, the report on the study addresses the phenomena of vaccine virus interference of the influenza vaccine.

#1884 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:46 PM

Therefore my specific question would rather be, are there any substances with the reversing effect of zinc-ionophores? Shuffling zinc back out of cells into serum again?

I havent been able to find the reference, supposedly zinc ionophores last 10 days.  Maybe someone else can chime on in on that.

I doubt you can reverse it, just need to cut back on the ecgc and quercetin, although those are very reasonable doses.

70mg daily zinc, why so much? I think most sites suggest 40mg daily from food/vit.  Most vitamins only have 10mg. Life extension 2 a day has 25mg.

• like x 1

#1885 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

attachicon.gif Copper-Zinc.png

Though higher than normal whole blood zinc arose after 8 months on 70 mg/d elemental zinc intake only:

attachicon.gif cu-zn.png

70mg daily zinc, why so much? I think most sites suggest 40mg daily from food/vit.  Most vitamins only have 10mg. Life extension 2 a day has 25mg.

If you click on the lab-results pic, you'll see that my serum levels have been repeatedly below normal. Copper once above normal, which arose in wrong faith of the usual recommendation, that high doses of zinc have to be balanced with a little bid of copper. Still trying to correct that.

Quercetin and EGCG I of course took without their ionophoric function in mind.

Edited by pamojja, 31 July 2020 - 10:39 AM.

#1886 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:47 PM

MATH+ protocol being touted by a group of frontline doctors, but also some debate - LinkLink1 , Link2

Interesting there is any controversy, arent all hospitals/doctors communicating behind the scenes with what works/doesnt?

M - Methylpredni­solone, steroid

A - ascorbic acid , works with M

T - Thiamine , cellular oxygen/energy

H - Heparin , blood clots

+ - optional mix of Melatonin, Zinc, Vit D3, Statin, Famotidine, Magnesium

Surprising not to see insulin or some ionophore mentioned, maybe assumed.

At least most of this protocol is doable over the counter, not sure what would be a good replacement M, H could be replaced with Natto till you were admitted.

Edited by Gal220, 01 August 2020 - 11:53 PM.

• Informative x 3

#1887 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:21 PM

For those taking NAD+ for Covid

Back a few pages, TMG was mentioned as a cofactor for NR to prevent side effects - Thorne discussion

Alive by Nature has a product line for NAD+ cofactors also - Link

"

NAD+ Activator – Fisetin, EGCG, Pterostilbene, Astragaloside IV
NAD+ Defender – MSM – Methylsulfonylmethane, Micronized Curcumin, Boswellia Serrata, Berberine, Silibinin (from Milk Thistle), Piperine
NAD+ Energizer – NAC – N-Acetyl Cysteine, Allicin (From Garlic extract), Astaxanthin, Methyl Folate

These products do not contain NMN or NAD+. They are designed to maximize NAD+ levels by stimulating internal AMPK production (NAD+/AMPK ACTIVATOR), minimize excessive NAD+ consumption from chronic inflammation (NAD+ DEFENDER), or increase H2S and Nitric Oxide levels in the bloodstream (NAD+ ENERGIZER).

"

Little pricey imo, lots of companies sell these nutrients. Either way, it is a starting point for supporting NAD+, not sure if they have TMG alternative somewhere in there, disappointing if not.

Resvertrol isnt mentioned, but they have a separate product for it and curcumin.  

Revgenetics also has a good resvertrol product - link

Who knows what the best curcumin product is, there was some discussion about that several pages back as well.  Life extension's new curcumin/fenugreek mix looks interesting, hopefully its not all hype. 

Edited by Gal220, 04 August 2020 - 03:24 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1888 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:28 AM

What is the deal with China and all these viruses:

Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China

https://www.bbc.com/...health-53218704

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1889 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:06 AM

Well-Respected Australian Researcher: Consider Triple Therapy (Ivermectin, Zinc, Doxycycline) for COVID-19

https://www.trialsit...e-for-covid-19/

Edited by lancebr, 06 August 2020 - 07:10 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#1890 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:30 PM

Great article on MedScape on aerosol transmission.  

https://www.medscape...D=2484955&faf=1

COVID-19 Data Dives: Why Arguments Against SARS-CoV-2 Aerosol Transmission Don't Hold Water

It's a long paper, but makes lots of good points.  Bottom line...  Don't sweat the droplets & fomites so much, it's aerosols generated by vocalization that are the most common mode of transmission & pack the greatest infectious punch, as inhaled aerosols are more likely to reach deep into the lungs.  

When I'm out & about, I don't watch for and avoid maskless people, I LISTEN for people who are talking around me and change course.  When conversation with others is unavoidable, I try to gauge which way the air in the room might be moving and try to get upwind of whoever is talking.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 06 August 2020 - 04:14 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users