Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#2491 calimero

• 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:42 PM

Tokyo Medical Association recommends administration of ivermectin

Ivermectine : Japon, Andrew Hill, OMS... ça bouge ! pendant que l'AFP désinforme

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2492 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:19 AM

Just a complete failure of MSM and NIH, no fact checking and blatant exploitation.  Hopefully the masses quit letting the gov't PRETEND think for us.  

100k dead in first month of this new administration, I was wrong, NIH hasnt seen a enough blood letting or Kory/Marik didnt prostrate low enough, crazy.

Remdesivir data   VS   Ivermectin data   ....Except Fauci got behind the $3k a treatment Remdesivir.

Edited by Gal220, 21 February 2021 - 02:19 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#2493 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:25 AM

Just a complete failure of MSM and NIH, no fact checking and blatant exploitation.  Hopefully the masses quit letting the gov't PRETEND think for us.  

100k dead in first month of this new administration, I was wrong, NIH hasnt seen a enough blood letting or Kory/Marik didnt prostrate low enough, crazy.

Remdesivir data   VS   Ivermectin data   ....Except Fauci got behind the $3k a treatment Remdesivir.

Fauci wins the prize alright. 

https://finance.yaho...-203336188.html

Dr. Fauci Awarded $1 Million Dan David Prize After 'Speaking Truth to Power'

"Thanks to his habit of actively defending science amid the pandemic era, Dr. Anthony Fauci—the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases—has been awarded the $1 million Dan David Prize"

He's come a long way since the bad old days, when he delayed an effective treatment for AIDS, doctors in the field were claiming saved lives, because he said there "was not enough scientific proof of effectiveness".  

https://www.huffpost...story_b_4762295

Whitewashing AIDS History

Dr. Anthony Fauci is rewriting history. He is doing so to disguise his shameful role in delaying promotion of an AIDS treatment that would have prevented tens of thousands of deaths in the first years of the epidemic.

In my book, Body Counts, A Memoir of Politics, Sex, AIDS, and Survival, I recount how slow the federal government was in publicizing the use of Bactrim and other sulfa drugs to prevent PCP (the pneumonia that was then the leading killer of people with AIDS) in addition to its long-time and well-known use to treat PCP.

In 1987, pioneering AIDS activist Michael Callen begged Fauci for help in promoting the use of Bactrim as PCP prophylaxis and issuing interim guidelines urging physicians to prophylax those patients deemed at high risk for PCP.

Fauci: “So what actually happened is that Michael came to me and said you know there is this preliminary activity and some small trials that Bactrim works,” Fauci said. “Would you come out and make a guideline to say it should be used by everybody. And I said ‘Michael I can’t do that but what I can do is help design and make sure that the grantees that we fund do a clinical trial in Bactrim to prove or not that it was safe and effective,’” he said. “But I didn’t blow him off and say I don’t want to issue guidelines. The fact is that’s neither within my purview nor within the responsibility or authority I have to issue guidelines.” 

He could easily have advocated awareness of the preventive treatment, as the de facto federal AIDS Czar, his influence was and is enormous. 

Had Fauci listened to people with AIDS and the clinicians treating them, and responded accordingly, he would have saved thousands of lives. In the two years between 1987, when Callen met with Fauci and 1989, when the guidelines were ultimately issued, nearly 17,000 people with AIDS suffocated from PCP. Most of these people might have lived had Fauci responded appropriately.

Fauci refused to acknowledge the evidence and, according to one account, even encouraged people with AIDS to stop taking treatments, like Bactrim, that weren’t specifically approved for use in people with AIDS. Longtime treatment activist Richard Jefferys wrote in 2001 that Fauci “went as far as telling activists attending a 1987 meeting that there was no data to suggest PCP prophylaxis was beneficial and that it may, in fact be dangerous.”  Fauci’s close colleague, Dr. Samuel Broder, who was head of the National Cancer Institute, even suggested — in the absence of any evidence at all — that the newly introduced antiretroviral, AZT, would make prophylaxis against PCP redundant! 

---------------------------

A million dollar award for convincing doctors NOT to treat their plague patients?  Who knew?  

We live in interesting times!   

Edited by Dorian Grey, 21 February 2021 - 05:38 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2494 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:52 AM

Fauci also funded the Wuhan coronavirus gain of function research that several experts considered too dangerous because the deliberately souped-up bug might leak from the lab and cause a pandemic.  Wouldn't it be ironic... 

But don't worry that lab leak didn't happen, for sure!  There was certainly some other cause; however, exactly what, no one can say.

Citing to a bland mainstream source:   https://www.newsweek...esearch-1500741

• Cheerful x 1

#2495 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2021 - 06:05 PM

You can get budesonide (a corticosteroid) nasal spray over the counter, and asthma inhaler by Rx or from overseas pharmacies.  

Last year factcheckers showed that budesonide for Covid-19 was debunked!

Asthma Medicine Not Proven as COVID-19 ‘Cure’

And now:

Asthma drug may reduce risk of severe Covid if taken early – study

Ice9 speculated that similar corticosteroids ciclesonide or mometasone might be better since each is also directly antiviral.  

https://twitter.com/...466308380676102

https://twitter.com/...922421177491458

East Asian ciclesonide (alvesco) hard to find, mometasone easier to find, at overseas pharmacies.

Edited by bladedmind, 22 February 2021 - 06:08 PM.

• Informative x 2

#2496 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:36 AM

This is directed at Mr. Dorian Grey. I may have found reasoning for the anti-fat effect of Ivermectin that has happened to me. 

http://website60s.co...7443_443_21.pdf

I know it probably isnt interesting anymore as I am an N = 1, but it is an effect that is still persisting so I wanted to share this with you since I found it.

Hope everyone else is being safe an unaffected by covid and that their Ivermectin and other prophylactic protocols are working

• Informative x 4
  • like x 1

#2497 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:09 AM

This is directed at Mr. Dorian Grey. I may have found reasoning for the anti-fat effect of Ivermectin that has happened to me. 

I know it probably isnt interesting anymore as I am an N = 1, but it is an effect that is still persisting so I wanted to share this with you since I found it.

Hope everyone else is being safe an unaffected by covid and that their Ivermectin and other prophylactic protocols are working

Thanks for this Qowpel.  I've actually noticed a small wattle of loose skin has popped up on my chin, in the place it typically appears as we age.  I've always been a bit vain about my looks (hence my avatar).  Knew this was inevitable, but surprised to see it become noticeable around 90 days into my IVM prophylaxis.  Would never have made the connection if it wasn't for your reporting this artifact of IVM therapy.  

My weight had been right up against the 200 pound milestone in 2019 (panic time).  I was afraid I had crossed the line, what with all the sitting about I've been doing in 2020, but low & behold I was 192 when I checked it recently.  

I'm backing off on the IVM prophylaxis, what with the case numbers falling off a cliff.  Will be interesting to see if I revert to my old norm.  

Thanks so much for reporting on this, and the research you've done.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 23 February 2021 - 02:10 AM.

#2498 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for this Qowpel.  I've actually noticed a small wattle of loose skin has popped up on my chin, in the place it typically appears as we age.  I've always been a bit vain about my looks (hence my avatar).  Knew this was inevitable, but surprised to see it become noticeable around 90 days into my IVM prophylaxis.  Would never have made the connection if it wasn't for your reporting this artifact of IVM therapy.  

My weight had been right up against the 200 pound milestone in 2019 (panic time).  I was afraid I had crossed the line, what with all the sitting about I've been doing in 2020, but low & behold I was 192 when I checked it recently.  

I'm backing off on the IVM prophylaxis, what with the case numbers falling off a cliff.  Will be interesting to see if I revert to my old norm.  

Thanks so much for reporting on this, and the research you've done.  

Sounds like this is due to you losing a bit of extra bodyfat. What is your dosage protocol? 

How many doses have you taken total? I was able to talk with two other people who seem to have had this lower bodyfat side effect. my other research has yielded that after a single .3 mg/kg dose in animals), that Ivermectin can still be detected in liver, and fat tissue especially, far after 28 days. couple studies I saw found residue of itafter 49 days in the liver and fat.

That being said, I guess that means with each dosage, it sits around in those tissues for months. I have not taken any for about 36 days. I feel like I should return to normal in the next month or two. Keep an eye out for yourself. It will probably take months to revert back to normal if the change you notice is from Ivermectin. In the meantime, if you can, see if you can put 5 or so pounds back on.

#2499 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:38 AM

I took an 18mg dose on empty stomach initially, but switched to 12mg doses with a fatty meal, which is supposed to result in double or more (2.4) higher blood levels.  Was dosing every other week.  I felt nothing with the higher dose/empty stomach, but taking with the fatty meal was slightly more impressive.  Felt a bit spacey for several hours.  

No regrets, & I'll be back on the IVM if the variant surge occurs.  Reckon I've done about 7 doses to since around Halloween.  I still thank God, Chris Martenson, & this forum for the introduction to IVM prophylaxis. 

My whole outlook on life has changed over the last few months.  Was feeling a bit fatalistic about COVID last year.  At 64 years of age, I reckon I might have had a tough time.  I'm not afraid of dying, but really don't want to be dragging an oxygen tank around or dealing with cardiomyopathy the last decade of my life.  It was a bit shocking to see my little wattle under my chin.  Seems to have happened overnight.  Still ain't lookin' too shabby compared with others my age.  Working in healthcare for 35 years...  Terrifying to see how much trouble those much younger than I can get into.  I've been a lucky dog!  

#2500 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:20 AM

I took an 18mg dose on empty stomach initially, but switched to 12mg doses with a fatty meal, which is supposed to result in double or more (2.4) higher blood levels.  Was dosing every other week.  I felt nothing with the higher dose/empty stomach, but taking with the fatty meal was slightly more impressive.  Felt a bit spacey for several hours.  

No regrets, & I'll be back on the IVM if the variant surge occurs.  Reckon I've done about 7 doses to since around Halloween.  I still thank God, Chris Martenson, & this forum for the introduction to IVM prophylaxis. 

My whole outlook on life has changed over the last few months.  Was feeling a bit fatalistic about COVID last year.  At 64 years of age, I reckon I might have had a tough time.  I'm not afraid of dying, but really don't want to be dragging an oxygen tank around or dealing with cardiomyopathy the last decade of my life.  It was a bit shocking to see my little wattle under my chin.  Seems to have happened overnight.  Still ain't lookin' too shabby compared with others my age.  Working in healthcare for 35 years...  Terrifying to see how much trouble those much younger than I can get into.  I've been a lucky dog!  

I read a LOT about people having success with platysma facial excercises for that problem area. Since we all have so much time in this pandemic, I challenge you to try them for a few months. Keep a close eye on your weight. If it is fat loss due to ivermectin, putting that fat back on should fix it. If not we can assume it is aging, OR Ivermectin having a body fat lowering effect that concentrates itself in the face or something. Either way platysma excercises should help )I had a natural double chin before Ivermectin burned it away. Platysma excercise for like 20 minutes a day made it disappear after a couple months and I was floored. You may as well try it out while waiting to see if this potential side effect goes away

• Agree x 1

#2501 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:13 PM

file:///home/chronos/u-ec3f2f1fdadc5ac684721996c17a60b7fc99f980/MyFiles/Downloads/Loperamide_modifies_the_tissue_dispositi.pdf

try to avoid Loperamide HCL (anti diarhea medicine), because it makes ivermectin get excreted more slowly

• Needs references x 1
  • unsure x 1

#2502 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:55 AM

This doesn't sound like good news:

"A coronavirus variant that probably emerged in May and surged to become the dominant strain in California not

only spreads more readily than its predecessors but also evades antibodies generated by COVID-19 vaccines or

prior infection and is associated with severe illness and death, researchers said."

https://www.yahoo.co...-130055544.html

With all these variants and new strains popping up this coronavirus looks like something that will be around

for a very long time in the future. One doctor on a local new station stated he thinks this might still be going on

in five to ten years from now because of how this virus seems to mutate.

Edited by lancebr, 24 February 2021 - 05:58 AM.

• Informative x 2

#2503 Dallasboy

• 47 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:39 PM

I get a security warning trying to go to that link.  Any other options to post it?

Thanks!

#2504 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:51 PM

I get a security warning trying to go to that link. Any other options to post it?

Thanks!

I got the same thing but kinda said screw it and went through with it

#2505 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:22 PM

Methylene Blue.  Hyperbaric/oxygen mask.

On Methylene Blue:

https://www.biorxiv.....08.14.251090v1
https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04635605

https://www.frontier...020.600372/full

• Informative x 2

#2506 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:25 PM

Very interesting albedo. From your 3rd link:

https://www.frontier...020.600372/full

"As far as clinical applications, one promising indication comes from a report of a cohort of 2,500 French patients treated with MeBlu as part of their cancer care none of whom developed influenza like illness during the COVID-19 epidemics (Henry et al., 2020). MeBlu has also been explored in one Phase one clinical trial (NCT04370288) for treatment of critically ill COVID-19 patients in Iran as part of a three-drug last therapeutic option add-on cocktail (MeBlu 1 mg/kg, vitamin C 1500 mg/kg, and N-acetyl cysteine 2000 mg/kg) based on the hypothesis that this combination could rebalance NO, methemoglobin, and oxidative stress. Four of the five patients responded well to treatment (Alamdari et al., 2020). "

" In conclusion, screening of our organic dye-based library identified MeBlu as a low-micromolar inhibitor of the interaction between SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and its cognate receptor ACE2, a PPI that is the first critical step initiating the viral entry of this coronavirus. While MeBlu shows strong polypharmacology and might be a somewhat promiscuous PPI inhibitor, its ability to inhibit this PPI could contribute to the antiviral activity of MeBlu against SARS-CoV-2 even in the absence of light making this inexpensive and widely available drug potentially useful in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 as an oral or inhaled medication."

• Informative x 3

#2507 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:16 AM

This doesn't sound like good news:

"A coronavirus variant that probably emerged in May and surged to become the dominant strain in California not

only spreads more readily than its predecessors but also evades antibodies generated by COVID-19 vaccines or

prior infection and is associated with severe illness and death, researchers said."

I bet Ivermectin and H202 therapy still work on it..

#2508 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:57 AM

Ivermectin stops transport into the cells - youtu.be/pU6nW97eQIU?t=1447  at 24:00 minutes

H202 straight up kills it according to the CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/...l.html#Hydrogen

Edited by Gal220, 25 February 2021 - 05:03 AM.

• Agree x 1

#2509 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:54 PM

From the H202 link, iodine is something discussed and once here on page 60.  Dr. Brownstein is a big believer in it along with vitamin A. - link1 , link2

"Vitamins A, C, and D along with iodine have proven benefit. At the first sign of any illness, I suggest my patients take 100,000 U of vitamin A (NOT beta-carotene), 50,000 U of vitamin D3 and 5-10,000 mg of vitamin C per day for four days. Pregnant women should not take high doses of vitamins A and D. Vitamin C can be increased to bowel tolerance."

"For the majority of my patients, I suggest taking 25 mg/day as a daily dose and more (sometimes 50-100 mg/day) at the first sign of an illness. Iodine can cause adverse effects and it is best used under the guidance of an iodine-knowledgeable doctor."

Make sure you are taking some k2 with that much vitamin A if you go this route.

Busting the iodine myths

"My experience has shown that iodine in doses ranging from 6-50 mg/day is adequate to provide iodine for the vast majority of the population. Finally, it is important to use the right kind of salt: unrefined salt. For the last 20 years I have used Selina’s Celtic Brand Sea Salt in my practice with great success."

My issue with Brownstein like Zalenko, no mention of other immune nutrients.  

#2510 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:42 PM

Research gate on iodine - Iodine Intake to Reduce Covid-19 Transmission and Mortality  - recommend 30mcg/kg .  If 200 pounds 2.7mg. Note this is considered the upperlimit, for whatever thats worth.

Japanese intake is on the high side at 1-3mg(kelp).  Interesting Brownstein and others like Sircus recommend so much more, around 12mg.

#2511 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:15 AM

If using methylene blue, consider investigating

1. How it can raise blood pressure https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/23432501/
  2. How it is a MAOI and can precipitate serotonin toxicity https://psychotropic...icity-syndrome/

Of course, it depends on the dose.  Personal experience:  thought it was a low-dose but experienced scary high blood pressure over some days.

Edited by bladedmind, 26 February 2021 - 02:21 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#2512 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:34 PM

Spirulina algae extract helps prevent cytokine storm associated with COVID-19 https://www.jpost.co...9-deaths-660064

Another potential game-changing treatment that will be ignored by health authorities, oh well, more death on the way.

Edited by Mind, 26 February 2021 - 04:34 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#2513 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 03:56 AM

Spirulina algae extract helps prevent cytokine storm associated with COVID-19 https://www.jpost.co...9-deaths-660064

Another potential game-changing treatment that will be ignored by health authorities, oh well, more death on the way.

yes we are all truly on our own and it sucks

• Agree x 1

#2514 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:21 AM

Thailand medical has compiled a list , crazy there isnt more information on them..2021 medical science still in the dark ages..

Like ivermectin, many are widely available on the cheap - resveratrol, cats claw, licorice root, mir 2911 honeysuckle extract, pomegranate, quercetin, hesperidin, and many more.  

Ive seen the most research on Mir 2911 , even testing showing some gene pools, it wont work.

• Informative x 1

#2515 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:03 AM

Can I ask a quick question, are people taking resveratrol during this pandemic, or leaving it out until afterwards?

I stopped when at the beginning Dr Sinclair said in an interview that it's probably not a good time to start it, with covid sweeping the planet.  But I wonder now whether thoughts may have changed......I was doing well on resveratrol and waiting to be able to take it again....

Thanks  :-)

#2516 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

Can I ask a quick question, are people taking resveratrol during this pandemic, or leaving it out until afterwards?

Potentially it is an anti-viral for covid and other viruses - link1 , link2

The scientists from Shenzhen Third People's Hospital, China, conducted the study to investigate how resveratrol, a phenolic plant compound, can modulate the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in Vero cells. They chose resveratrol as an experimental compound because of its proven efficacy in inhibiting replication of several viruses, including dengue virus, Zika virus, influenza virus, and more importantly, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), which is a betacoronavirus in the same family as SARS-CoV-2.

• like x 1

#2517 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:46 PM

I stopped when at the beginning Dr Sinclair said in an interview that it's probably not a good time to start it, with covid sweeping the planet.  But I wonder now whether thoughts may have changed......I was doing well on resveratrol and waiting to be able to take it again....

I can’t imagine why Dr. Sinclair would say that. Does anyone have any more information on his reasoning or a link to the original quote? As Gal220 points out, there are good reasons to think that resveratrol would be beneficial for Covid. I did not stop taking resveratrol.

• like x 1

#2518 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:56 PM

I can’t imagine why Dr. Sinclair would say that. 

Its behind a paywall, but the search engine synopsis says it all

How Harvard Researcher David Sinclair (and Dave Asprey ...

In mice, resveratrol has been found to upregulate the lung's ACE2 receptors. Here's why this matters: COVID-19 gains access to the lungs through the ACE2 receptors, so you definitely don't want more of them

As discussed many times already though, why dont we absolutely KNOW if it works or not?  70k dying each month in just the US and we practically destroyed our economy for this thing, yet we cant discover if these widely available nutrients work or not?

Edited by Gal220, 02 March 2021 - 04:08 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2519 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:09 PM

Its behind a paywall, but the search engine synopsis says it all

How Harvard Researcher David Sinclair (and Dave Asprey ...

In mice, resveratrol has been found to upregulate the lung's ACE2 receptors. Here's why this matters: COVID-19 gains access to the lungs through the ACE2 receptors, so you definitely don't want more of them

Ah yes, there has been controversy as to the effects that agents that effect ACE2 would have on the virus. Dr. Sheheult’s update #37, from March of 2020 has the details. It is complicated. Dr. Sinclair’s concern was held by many at the time. The counter argument is the hypothesis that the virus, by binding to ACE2, causes ACE2 degradation. TOO LITTLE ACE2 leads to high blood pressure and inflammation. In that case, raising ACE2 would be beneficial, not harmful. I think this counter hypothesis has won out, but maybe someone can weigh in on more recent results.

• like x 1

#2520 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:34 PM

Smoking greatly increases ACE2, & the "Smokers Paradox" indicates this is not predisposing to COVID morbidity. 

https://erj.ersjourn...3003.01759-2020

The politically correct boffins are frantically emphatic that smokers who do come down with the 'rona do much worse than non-smokers, but I recall during the early days, the Chinese reported very few smokers with COVID in their ICU's; this despite the high prevalence of smokers in their population.  Believe the same was reported in smoky old Italy & France.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 02 March 2021 - 09:43 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users