Methylene Blue's Powerful Anti-Viral Properties

virus methylene blue red light sars hiv flavivirus coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

I'm blessed with asthma, chronic bronchitis, and severe sleep apnea, so I'm in a high-risk category for COVID-19. For years I have felt like I struggle to breathe practically all the time.

This past week I can take a good breath...and it feels good, like my lungs are effectively working again!

It can help the body better utilize oxygen.  For example, methylene blue is the standard treatment for cyanide poisoning.  It restores the disruption of oxygen processing in mitochondria:

https://journals.phy...siol.00967.2017

Methylene blue (MB) is an FDA-approved drug for the treatment of methemoglobinemia. As early as the 1930s, MB was shown to be an effective antidote for cyanide(CN) poisoning (1216212224). Inexplicably, interest in MB as an antidote for CN poisoning has waned despite empirical evidence for its efficacy. MB is an oxidation-reduction (redox) dye, which is reduced into leucomethylene blue (LMB) in the blood and in cells by reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH), reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH; Ref. 41), or reduced glutathione (32). As a very potent reducing agent, LMB can provide electrons at sites distant from its formation to many oxidizing molecules such as O2, metalloproteins including methemoglobin (54), and possibly elements of the mitochondrial complexes (2143853), restoring in the process their original conformations and functions. LMB is then reoxidized back to MB in the process, allowing a new cycle of redox to take place. The effects of MB on metabolism are even more complex: decreased blood lactate concentration (3447) due to decline in cytoplasmic NADH and increase in oxygen consumption through mechanisms that remain controversial (4). The potential mechanisms by which MB/LMB counteracts CN cardiotoxicity may include 1) restoration by LMB of the redox environment of cardiac ion channels altered directly or indirectly by CN through reactive oxygen species production (64) and 2) a direct effect of MB/LMB on the mitochondrial electron transport chain complexes (5557).

In this light, it is interesting to note that in HT22 cells, a murine hippocampal cell line, MB enhanced complex IV activity (38). Poteet et al. (38) hypothesized that MB directly received electrons from NADH through mitochondrial complex I and was reduced to LMB, which then donated the electrons to cytochrome c and was recycled to its oxidized form, MB. In addition, LMB could also function as a free radical scavenger and decreased mitochondrial superoxide levels.

Complex IV is one of the main energy pumps in the mitochondria and methylene blue acts to improve its function through a enzymatic like process where it picks up and drops off electrons to aid in mitochondrial respiration. 

Edited by abelard lindsay, 21 March 2020 - 04:29 PM.

#32 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:07 PM

It can help the body better utilize oxygen.  For example, methylene blue is the standard treatment for cyanide poisoning.  It restores the disruption of oxygen processing in mitochondria:

https://journals.phy...siol.00967.2017

Complex IV is one of the main energy pumps in the mitochondria and methylene blue acts to improve its function through a enzymatic like process where it picks up and drops off electrons to aid in mitochondrial respiration. 

Yes, I knew that METHYLENE BLUE was a treatment for cyanide poisoning and for methemoglobinemia. It just didn't occur to me that it might help me with my breathing issues. I wasn't taking it for that reason at all.

So I guess you can say it had an unintended, positive side effect.

That gives me some confidence that the results I feel I've had from taking METHYLENE BLUE are not merely a placebo effect. While I'm not certain, it seems to me that for the placebo effect to work, a person must at least have some idea that the substance they are taking/testing could have a certain effect.

I stopped taking it a few days ago after experiencing kidney pain (more like a soreness). Not knowing if METHYLENE BLUE was to blame, I felt it was important to err on the side of caution, so I quit taking it.

Since then I have fallen ill from something that has many symptoms suspiciously similar to those of COVID-19, as have several other members of my family. My wife also experienced the kidney pain, but has never taken METHYLENE BLUE, so I now believe that the kidney pain was related to whatever the illness was which I have gone through. Our local medical clinic did not test us, so I do not know that it was COVID-19. It could very well have been something entirely different. At the moment, I'm feeling better--and it was really mild anyway--so I plan on going back on METHYLENE BLUE today.

In the meantime, I've done some research on METHYLENE BLUE and am even more convinced than before that it might help to cure or minimize COVID-19. Researchers have been scouring existing medications for something which will cure COVID-19, and they seem to be focusing on drugs which have been used to combat malaria.

METHYLENE BLUE has been used as an anti-malarial. It also inactivates coronavirus strains in vivo, according to a couple studies. (I think red light was used in at least one of the studies. Sunlight might work just as well, since sunlight has a strong component at the right wavelength to activate METHYLENE BLUE'S anti-viral properties.)

It seems to me that METHYLENE BLUE could fight COVID-19 in several ways, by oxidizing the virus, by chemically attaching to the virus (essentially dyeing its surface), and by improving the body's immune system's ability to help fight it off.

-------

[NOTE: You may notice that I have put METHYLENE BLUE in ALL CAPS and bold throughout my message. This is an idea which I propose would make scanning messages for specific supplements much easier when scrolling through hundreds of messages on this forum. I don't know if it would be just as effective for it to be only in all caps or only in bold, or perhaps it's a silly idea altogether, but I think it could actually prove to be useful and efficient...]

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

<snip>

For example, I've been taking Methylene Blue at a rate of about 0.15 mg/kg of bodyweight daily. Even at that relatively low level I've noticed that I've been finding it much easier to breathe, which was not something I had expected or known about MB.

I'm blessed with asthma, chronic bronchitis, and severe sleep apnea, so I'm in a high-risk category for COVID-19. For years I have felt like I struggle to breathe practically all the time.

This past week I can take a good breath...and it feels good, like my lungs are effectively working again!

<snip>

JohnBoyTheGreat:

I find your experience very interesting. It's nice to have clear lungs. :)

So, if my calculations are correct, you're taking about 8 or 9 milligrams of MB every day?

• like x 1

#34 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

how do you deal with mb stain inside your mouth? does it go away by itself because of mouth spit? I dont wanna walk around with a blue mouth and scare my parents like im sick with  someth.

and how long does it take to work? maybe it was placebo but few minute after taking my first dose probably around 4mg I felt calmer and warmer especially in my head. And I think my breathing is easier........

Edited by kurdishfella, 24 March 2020 - 12:40 PM.

#35 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2020 - 02:36 PM

it also makes me very hungry but why doesn't methylene blue turn my pee blue?

is it cause it's my first dose and it has to build up first?

sorry for double comment the time limit to edit a post is so damn short

Edited by kurdishfella, 24 March 2020 - 03:36 PM.

#36 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:27 PM

I've taken multi milligram doses of methylene blue in the past.  It gave me a blue tongue and blue pee that went away eventually.  I don't do that anymore.

To recap the thread for those of you who are too lazy to read it.  I only take micrograms.  That means I put 1 drop into a liter of water and then drink a little bit each day.   This does not turn my pee or my tongue blue.  I also use pharmaceutical grade because any other type is going to have metals, solvents, or who knows what in it and this is going to cause problems.  I would never take non-pharmaceutical grade even though it is way cheaper.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 24 March 2020 - 10:30 PM.

#37 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:05 AM

I've taken multi milligram doses of methylene blue in the past.  It gave me a blue tongue and blue pee that went away eventually.  I don't do that anymore.

To recap the thread for those of you who are too lazy to read it.  I only take micrograms.  That means I put 1 drop into a liter of water and then drink a little bit each day.   This does not turn my pee or my tongue blue.  I also use pharmaceutical grade because any other type is going to have metals, solvents, or who knows what in it and this is going to cause problems.  I would never take non-pharmaceutical grade even though it is way cheaper.

Do you run naked under sun or NIR Lamp after taking the MB?

#38 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:22 AM

For those who want to take small microgram doses of MB, I thought it might be helpful to post an easy-to-make and easy-to-dose solution using the common fish medicine product that is sold as a 2.3% solution (i.e., Kordon, or Fritz).

You'll need:
4 drops of a 2.3% MB solution (e.g., Kordon)
60 mL distilled water
2 oz. or 60 mL bottle with dropper

Mix the 4 drops of Kordon into the 60 mL of water. This solution will contain a total of approximately 4,600μg of MB. Therefore, each 1mL contains about 76.6μg of MB.
There are about 20 drops in 1mL. Therefore:
5 drops = 19.5mcg
8 drops = 30.6mcg
10 drops = 38.3mcg
15 drops = 57.5mcg
20 drops = 76.6mcg
30 drops = 114.9mcg

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by Lady4T, 25 March 2020 - 03:28 AM.

#39 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:44 AM

I have a near infrared light panel. I get naked in front of it in the privacy of my own home.  I always wear tanning bed goggles while using it.  I do it 5 minutes per side max.

#40 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:40 AM

I have a near infrared light panel. I get naked in front of it in the privacy of my own home.  I always wear tanning bed goggles while using it.  I do it 5 minutes per side max.

And what is the effect before and after your protocol?

For those who want to take small microgram doses of MB, I thought it might be helpful to post an easy-to-make and easy-to-dose solution using the common fish medicine product that is sold as a 2.3% solution (i.e., Kordon, or Fritz).

You'll need:
4 drops of a 2.3% MB solution (e.g., Kordon)
60 mL distilled water
2 oz. or 60 mL bottle with dropper

Mix the 4 drops of Kordon into the 60 mL of water. This solution will contain a total of approximately 4,600μg of MB. Therefore, each 1mL contains about 76.6μg of MB.
There are about 20 drops in 1mL. Therefore:
5 drops = 19.5mcg
8 drops = 30.6mcg
10 drops = 38.3mcg
15 drops = 57.5mcg
20 drops = 76.6mcg
30 drops = 114.9mcg

I hope this is helpful.

No, the fish medicine product is too risky for human consumption. Buy USP grade MB.

#41 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:37 AM

Can more people tell your personal experience before and after MB+Light protocol?

#42 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

JohnBoyTheGreat:

I find your experience very interesting. It's nice to have clear lungs. :)

So, if my calculations are correct, you're taking about 8 or 9 milligrams of MB every day?

No, sorry to say that I'm much heavier than your generous calculations would suggest. I'm taking about 25 mg per day, or about 0.15 mg/kg of body weight.

I started at 12.84 mg per day, but thought I'd see what would happen at a higher level.

This may seem silly, but I based the dose on the speed at which my body processed the METHYLENE BLUE, by observing the color of my urine. The reason I increased the dose was that by the end of the day it was mostly out of my system--based upon the "Windex blue" of my urine at the beginning of the day and the faint green at the end.

I have considered dividing the dose as well, but I'm a bit lazy about that kind of thing.

The forums have a number of different suggestions, ranging from about 1 mg / day up to--for my weight anyway--672 mg / day.

• Someone wrote that 10-100 mg / day might result in sweating. Not for me.

• Another wrote that 0.5 - 1 gm / day might cause headaches for some. I wouldn't notice, since I have regularly had massive migraines. A headache means very little to me. But I haven't noticed one, despite my resistance to normal headache pain.

• There was another recommendation of 15 mg / day max, if taken with a MAO-A supplement, otherwise 0.06 - 1 mg / day.

• Another said 0.1 mg or less per day.

• Ray Peat said that it is safe in doses up to 15 mg / day, but 1 mg / day is optimal for long-term use.

Basically, I just picked a level I was comfortable with and went for it...

#43 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:14 AM

how do you deal with mb stain inside your mouth? does it go away by itself because of mouth spit? I dont wanna walk around with a blue mouth and scare my parents like im sick with  someth.

and how long does it take to work? maybe it was placebo but few minute after taking my first dose probably around 4mg I felt calmer and warmer especially in my head. And I think my breathing is easier........

I haven't noticed any staining, despite the relatively high concentration I use.

One thing I have learned is that it tastes much better in an acidic and/or sweet beverage. It has a bit of a bitter flavor, but that goes away quickly.

It does not pair well with milk. Barf.

As for the speed at which it starts to work...I don't really know. I would like to tell you that it feels pretty quick, but like you I don't know if that's a placebo effect or not. Based upon the many medications I've taken, I think I'm probably fairly immune to the placebo effect, but I won't swear to that.

My feeling is that if one is sensitive, you might notice an effect within half an hour, but definitely the same day. It also seems to me that the full effect occurs after about two or three days.

The effect in question is a bit more energy and, for me at least, easier breathing and better sleep.

Here's an amusing anecdote:

I have severe sleep apnea, but I'm also a hyper-fast caffeine metabolizer. In other words, caffeine has no effect whatsoever on me, and never has. (My children inherited my genetics, so none of them are affected by caffeine either.) My sleep doctor prescribed me Nuvigil, because nothing else helps keep me awake. Nuvigil is freaking amazing, but I don't like to take it all the time.

Anyway, last night I was puttering around in the kitchen, and my 21-year-old son says to me, "Dad, did you take your wake-up medicine, because you are acting like you're on it and really hyper." Other family members agreed with him.

I realized that I was feeling really energetic and I hadn't noticed it. But I hadn't taken Nuvigil or METHYLENE BLUE in a couple days...until I took METHYLENE BLUE that evening a couple hours before.

So, it does seem that it works pretty good to rev up a person's energy, because that was the only thing that I had done which could account for the boost in my energy level.

#44 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:18 AM

it also makes me very hungry but why doesn't methylene blue turn my pee blue?

is it cause it's my first dose and it has to build up first?

My guess is that you are taking some other supplement which is affecting the METHYLENE BLUE. I had DMSO in my system one day that I was taking METHYLENE BLUE, and the color of my urine abruptly went back to normal. At least I think it was the DMSO. I can't think of anything else which would have caused it to change, because I was taking the same dose as before.

However, it might have something to do with taking it with food also. I'm not sure. I may have taken it with food, when I normally drink it on an empty or mostly empty stomach.

#45 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:04 AM

It gives me blue pee, but has no effect on my tongue. I'm taking about 25 mg/day currently, and have for a few weeks, except for a few days of downtime here and there.

My thought about microgram doses is that they likely have little effect. Most of the studies suggested higher doses than that. The one study about skin anti-aging used a weak solution, but it was also constantly replenished, which doesn't happen when we take it internally.

So it seems to me that for the best benefit, we either need to take larger doses or take smaller doses more often, in order to see reliable benefits.

As for the pharmaceutical grade versus the lower grades, if you do the calculations, the amount of heavy metals you might get from the lower grades of METHYLENE BLUE are negligible.

Think about it: A can of tuna ranges from 18.11 to 49.53 micrograms of mercury, depending upon the type you eat. Fresh tuna is about double that. It's apparently safe to eat tuna at least twice a week, if not more.

Now let's suppose that low-grade METHYLENE BLUE is as much as 0.1% mercury. It isn't that high, nor anywhere near that, but just for argument's sake...

1 gram in 100 ml would be a 1% solution. A drop of that would be about 0.5 mg of 1% METHYLENE BLUE solution.

So one drop would contain 500 micrograms of METHYLENE BLUE and 0.5 micrograms of mercury.

Twenty drops would be a dose of 10 mg, and would contain in our hypothetical scenario 10 micrograms of mercury...less than half of what is contained in the average can of tuna!

But realistically, most practical or pure grades have much less than 0.1% mercury, by a couple orders of magnitude. You could down METHYLENE BLUE every day for the rest of your life without it having a noticeable effect on you.

If it worries a person, they can eat cilantro and garlic, which may function as natural chelators which remove mercury and other toxic heavy metals from the body. I make an awesome salsa, which I learned to make while working in a traditional Mexican restaurant many years ago. I've ingested more than my fair share of lead and mercury (I remember playing with mercury in the palm of my bare hand), but medical tests don't show any abnormal levels in my body. Perhaps it's the gallons of salsa I've consumed over the years. My family eats about a gallon every couple weeks or less.

#46 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

Doesn't that sound like fun!

But you don't really need to use near infrared for METHYLENE BLUE to have an effect, unless you are extremely concerned about COVID-19. In that case, sunlight or NIR light would make the anti-viral effect stronger, but it should work anyway, without the extra light.

#47 soulprogrammer

• 168 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:49 AM

Why not many people know the power of MB+Light for inactivation of virus?

I rarely see other people discussing about it in other forums.

#48 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

No, sorry to say that I'm much heavier than your generous calculations would suggest. I'm taking about 25 mg per day, or about 0.15 mg/kg of body weight.

I started at 12.84 mg per day, but thought I'd see what would happen at a higher level.

This may seem silly, but I based the dose on the speed at which my body processed the METHYLENE BLUE, by observing the color of my urine. The reason I increased the dose was that by the end of the day it was mostly out of my system--based upon the "Windex blue" of my urine at the beginning of the day and the faint green at the end.

I have considered dividing the dose as well, but I'm a bit lazy about that kind of thing.

The forums have a number of different suggestions, ranging from about 1 mg / day up to--for my weight anyway--672 mg / day.

• Someone wrote that 10-100 mg / day might result in sweating. Not for me.

• Another wrote that 0.5 - 1 gm / day might cause headaches for some. I wouldn't notice, since I have regularly had massive migraines. A headache means very little to me. But I haven't noticed one, despite my resistance to normal headache pain.

• There was another recommendation of 15 mg / day max, if taken with a MAO-A supplement, otherwise 0.06 - 1 mg / day.

• Another said 0.1 mg or less per day.

• Ray Peat said that it is safe in doses up to 15 mg / day, but 1 mg / day is optimal for long-term use.

Basically, I just picked a level I was comfortable with and went for it...

Oh, I see.  ;)

Well, as long as your dose works for you and doesn't cause any problems.  BTW, I;ve read that MB only stays in your system for about 5 hours. I've been taking about 27mcg (micrograms) twice a day (morning and early evening)

Edited by Lady4T, 28 March 2020 - 10:35 PM.

#49 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:31 PM

And here's another tidbit:

(Taken from medscape.com)

"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns against using methylene blue concurrently with serotonergic psychiatric drugs, unless such usage is indicated for life-threatening or urgent conditions. Methylene blue may increase central nervous system (CNS) serotonin levels as a result of monoamine oxidase (MAO)-A inhibition, thus increasing the risk of serotonin syndrome."

• Informative x 1

#50 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:07 AM

Oh, I see.  ;)

Well, as long as your dose works for you and doesn't cause any problems.  BTW, I;ve read that MB only stays in your system for about 5 hours. I've been taking about 27mcg (micrograms) twice a day (morning and early evening)

Well... I doubt that the claim that METHYLENE BLUE stays in your system only about five (5) hours is true. In my own experience, I may take it once a day in the morning or evening (trying to decide which works best), and my urine remains blue throughout the day, in either case.

Given that my bladder is empty each time, unless the METHYLENE BLUE is accumulating in my kidneys (which would be potentially toxic to them), it seems to me that it must be circulating throughout the body for much longer than five (5) hours...perhaps up to 24-36 hours.

However, it may be that it is removed from a person's system quickly when taken in low doses, as it is processed by the body.

The figure of five (5) hours may be related to the dose, wherever you saw that number.

Since you are taking about 1000 times less than I am, I wouldn't expect that you'll see much of an effect. Perhaps. People on the forums here think that's about right. I have my doubts about the efficacy of such a low dose.

Nor would I think it would be very effective against COVID-19 at microgram levels.

As far as my dose goes, I researched the issue carefully, examining everything in the forums here as well as studies and other outside resources. There's really not a lot out there, but--at least on a part-time basis--the levels I take are harmless for most people and are far below what one study suggested.

#51 JohnBoyTheGreat

• 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:13 AM

Why not many people know the power of MB+Light for inactivation of virus?

I rarely see other people discussing about it in other forums.

I don't know. There's not even much about METHYLENE BLUE, even though it's been in the news recently and there's a lot of research suggesting that it is a powerful anti-aging and nootropic supplement.

Given that a single dose costs me less than a penny, it seems to me that we should hear people praising METHYLENE BLUE all the time. Instead, there's almost a silence.

But regarding COVID-19, METHYLENE BLUE is not only interesting because it can inactivate coronavirus using light therapy, but also has been used as a malaria treatment--which is one of the features of many of the "cures" that they are pursuing for the coronavirus. That indicates that it may have some of the same capabilities as the more expensive solutions, but at a fraction the cost.

#52 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:19 AM

Nor would I think it would be very effective against COVID-19 at microgram levels.

As far as my dose goes, I researched the issue carefully, examining everything in the forums here as well as studies and other outside resources. There's really not a lot out there, but--at least on a part-time basis--the levels I take are harmless for most people and are far below what one study suggested.

If we make the big assumption that Alzheimers has an infectious disease cause, and the TauRX phase 3 trials show efficacy against Alzheimers at 4mg twice a day in people.  This is probably the threshold for antimicrobial activity.  if I get sick, I'll try this dosage.  For now, I'm doing my daily microgram dosages.

https://taurx.com/uploads/JAD_005.pdf

Conclusions: The results are consistent with earlier studies in supporting the hypothesis that LMTM might be effective as monotherapy [for Alzheimer's] and that 4 mg twice a day may serve as well as higher doses. A further suitably randomized trial is required to test this hypothesis.

#53 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:15 AM

. . .

Since you are taking about 1000 times less than I am, I wouldn't expect that you'll see much of an effect. Perhaps. People on the forums here think that's about right. I have my doubts about the efficacy of such a low dose.

I'm taking it at such low dose to benefit my skin.

http://www.freepaten...06/0188866.html

Excerpt:

"Long-Term Administration of diaminophenothiazines Improve Skin Elasticity and Activity Levels in Patients over 50.

A double blind, randomized, vehicle controlled study is conducted in 160 subjects ranging in ages from 50 to 65. Treatment groups are prescribed 25 μg diaminophenothiazine (azure A, azure B, azure C, thionine, toluidine blue, methylene blue, new methylene blue, or 1-9-dimethyl methylene blue) tablets taken orally with meals 3 times daily. Clinical monitoring, subjective self assessment, objective measurement methods of skin elasticity, epidermal hydration and skin surface lipids are used to determine effects of each treatment at four visits during 24 weeks. Clinical monitoring includes wrinkle counts, measurement of wrinkle depth around the right eye, and nasolabial fold depth. Results demonstrate consistent efficacy of diaminophenothiazine treatment over placebo in counteracting different signs of aging in the skin and improving overall energy levels."

They used 25mcg three times a day, but I just can't do the three times a day thing.  ;)

So just 27mcg twice a day for now (total about 54mcg/day). I'm petite, so I will increase gradually to get closer to the total 75mcg/day used in the study.

But, yes, the doses that target infections are much higher.

Edited by Lady4T, 01 April 2020 - 03:43 AM.

#54 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:59 PM

https://chemrxiv.org...phyrin/11938173

At the same time, orf1ab, ORF10, and ORF3a proteins could coordinate attack the heme on the 1-beta chain of hemoglobin to dissociate the iron to form the porphyrin. The attack will cause less and less hemoglobin that can carry oxygen and carbon dioxide.

So this study is saying that SARS-COV-2 kills by making the blood less effective at carrying oxygen and not through ARDS.  This would indicate that methylene blue would help a lot since it is the antidote for carbon monoxide poisoning and helps the body use oxygen more efficiently when the blood's ability to carry oxygen has been compromised.

https://onlinelibrar...1111/bcpt.12940

MB was delivered at a dose of 0.5 mg/kg/day for 7 days, through a mini‐pump implanted subcutaneously after GCI. It suggested that MB significantly improved cognitive deficits and attenuated neuronal cell death in the CA1 region following transient global cerebral ischaemia by rescuing ischaemia‐induced decreases in cytochrome C oxidase (CCO) activity and ATP generation, preserving the depolarization of the mitochondrial membrane potential (MMP) and significantly reducing the increased numbers of ischaemia‐induced TUNEL‐positive cells in the CA1 region 22. Therefore, we propose a new idea that MB may be a promising therapeutic agent targeting neuronal cell death and cognitive deficits following cerebral ischaemia, so then, MB may have protective effects against DEACMP.

FYI Ischaemia is :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ischemia

Ischemia or ischaemia is a restriction in blood supply to tissues, causing a shortage of oxygen that is needed for cellular metabolism. Ischemia is generally caused by problems with blood vessels, with resultant damage to or dysfunction of tissue

So the idea here is that Methylene Blue will help the body cope with the shortage of oxygen caused by  Sars-Cov-2 attacking the hemoglobin much like it helps when a shortage of oxygen is causing carbon monoxide to reduce the ability of hemoglobin to carry oxygen. 

Edited by abelard lindsay, 04 April 2020 - 04:59 PM.

• Informative x 2

#55 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 08:14 PM

More evidence of long-term hypoxia from covid causing brain damage that methylene blue could theoretically help with:

https://twitter.com/...4273084416?s=19
  • Informative x 1

#56 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:01 PM

A COHORT OF CANCER PATIENTS WITH NO REPORTED CASES OF SARS-COV-2 INFECTION : THE POSSIBLE PREVENTIVE ROLE OF METHYLENE BLUE

https://guerir-du-ca...methylene-blue/

"Both #chloroquine and Methylene blue have strong antiviral and anti- inflammatory properties probably linked to the change in intracellular pH and redox state."

Edited by abelard lindsay, 04 April 2020 - 10:04 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#57 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:42 PM

Some recent updates:

Dr. Scott Antoine talks on a podcast about Methylene Blue and Coronavirus. (31 minutes in)

Doctor talks about using Methylene Blue to prevent lung fibrosis in his patients from Tuberculosis and Covid:

https://medium.com/@...ue-d23fc5a31a4d

Methylene Blue clinical study in France for treating COVID-19 (in French)

https://guerir-du-ca...ns-le-covid-19/

#58 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 02:09 PM

So today I opened up my Twitter to see if there were any doctors or scientists commenting on methylene blue and its use as a blood disinfection method. However, when I searched for methylene blue, it's full of conservative commentators! What the hell just happened???

Well friends, this approach is now painfully politicized :( ...

https://youtu.be/zu60uj0_-Nw?t=1538

Likely, it will get more attention, infamy and a ban on prescribing it for things other than very narrow indications as happened in a couple of states with hydroxychloroquine.

#59 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

I use this 670 NM red light. That should have pretty much the same effect right?

They were using visible light.  If you use 660nm light, you'll have much better absorption of energy into Methylene Blue:

vs.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:15 AM

Some recent updates:

Dr. Scott Antoine talks on a podcast about Methylene Blue and Coronavirus. (31 minutes in)

Doctor talks about using Methylene Blue to prevent lung fibrosis in his patients from Tuberculosis and Covid:

https://medium.com/@...ue-d23fc5a31a4d

Methylene Blue clinical study in France for treating COVID-19 (in French)

https://guerir-du-ca...ns-le-covid-19/

Thanks, abelard lindsay, for posting that video with Dr. Scott Antoine. Excellent discussion!

It reinforces what some of us have suspected (a.k.a. "intuitively known") about the usefulness of methylene blue against this coronavirus.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virus, methylene blue, red light, sars, hiv, flavivirus, coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users