probiotic

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ new years donation: support LE labs

#1 kurdishfella

• 1,127 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

Hey I was thinking of buying this potent probiotic https://www.elixa-probiotic.com/ one package contains 3 trillion good bacteria and I was thinking of buying 16 of them making 48 trillion all together of probiotics, then taking all them together same day to reset my gut. Does the gut really have 100 trillion of bacteria? And how much of that is good and bad? I supposed there is more good than bad bacteria. How did they figure out it is 100 trillion and can in the case of gut dysfunction you have more bacteria? or do you have the same just less of good ones and more bad ones? Is this enough to really shake my gut flora quickly? I believe when people use low dosage IE 10 trillion etc is just still too little... and is easily overpowered but when you have half of (that of your gut or more probiotic than exist  bad in the gut) good probiotics + your own good bacteria against the bad bacteria which I think makes up 30 percent or 30 trillion in a normal gut then you have something.

Edited by farshad, 04 February 2020 - 08:11 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • like x 1

#2 zorba990

• 1,404 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:57 AM

Those are enteric capsules. Do not do this. You may end up with some of them stuck where you do not want them. At least tell the manufacturer what you plan to do first.
You have been warned.
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 1,127 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:03 AM

Those are enteric capsules. 

so if it's not broken done by stomach acid then where? I have taken them before but in much lower dosage and I was fine.

Edited by farshad, 05 February 2020 - 08:05 AM.

#4 sthira

• 1,995 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:10 AM

Why not eat more fresh vegetables and fruits instead? Don’t these natural foods also have trillions of friendly bacteria for your gut, and with the added advantages that you may eat them in tasty combinations that are healthy?

#5 ibtisam_midlet

• 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:38 AM

so if it's not broken done by stomach acid then where? I have taken them before but in much lower dosage and I was fine.

just upper the dose slowly.

#6 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 1,127 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

Why not eat more fresh vegetables and fruits instead? Don’t these natural foods also have trillions of friendly bacteria for your gut, and with the added advantages that you may eat them in tasty combinations that are healthy?

fruits have sugar which is counterproductive and i dont know how much good bacteria veggies really have with all the soil and how the food is manufactured who really knows, they are probably deprived just like they are with vitamins and i doubt they contain any significant amount of probiotic to make a difference.

#7 William Sterog

• 459 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:57 PM

Please, document this entire process. For science.
  • Agree x 1

#8 elc202

• 32 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:15 AM

Those are enteric capsules. Do not do this. You may end up with some of them stuck where you do not want them. At least tell the manufacturer what you plan to do first.
You have been warned.

Can explain more why enteric capsules are bad?

#9 zorba990

• 1,404 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:42 PM

Can explain more why enteric capsules are bad?

They could get stuck in appendix or otherwise cause an intestinal blockage.

#10 elixir of fortitude

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:49 AM

Why would you want to take so many caps at once?

#11 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 1,127 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:26 PM

Why would you want to take so many caps at once?

I explained that in the thread last sentence. 

I am now thinking more along 20 packages 60 trillion probiotics but I will start off slowly with 12 trillion a day to start off and see how that goes first.

I still can not get a definitive answer to how much bacteria there is in the gut and how much of that is good or bad in a healthy person versus unhealthy. I read somewhere that the gut microbe has been miscalculated and could actually range from 30 trillion upwards 400 trillion depending on the person, but that tells me almost nothing. Also some say there is 1kg bacteria in total and others say 2kg and upwards to 4kg etc.. in the G.I tract. Not sure what to believe I guess I gotta start reading studies etc instead of articles because they all say different things.

Edited by farshad, 09 February 2020 - 12:55 PM.

#12 elixir of fortitude

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:21 PM

I am now thinking more along 20 packages 60 trillion probiotics but I will start off slowly with 12 trillion a day to start off and see how that goes first.

I still can not get a definitive answer to how much bacteria there is in the gut and how much of that is good or bad in a healthy person versus unhealthy. I read somewhere that the gut microbe has been miscalculated and could actually range from 30 trillion upwards 400 trillion depending on the person, but that tells me almost nothing. Also some say there is 1kg bacteria in total and others say 2kg and upwards to 4kg etc.. in the G.I tract. Not sure what to believe I guess I gotta start reading studies etc instead of articles because they all say different things.

Okay, would like to see some studies about this

I'm actually interested in ordering these probiotics

Wonder if any labs have analysed the potency 

I'll order it sometime in the future and report back my experiences 

#13 Benko

• 215 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:07 AM

I don't know what you are treating (do you?) but treatment of gut conditions doesn't just include flora supps, but diet, sometime specialized antibiotics, or supplements to kill off overgrowth of various non-desirable gut bateria/fungi.  Perhaps you should consult a professional with experience in diagnosing/treating such things.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 2 Duckets

• 14 posts

Posted Today, 02:13 AM

How is your experiment with probiotics coming?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: probiotic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users