- - - - -

Highest-radiation cell phones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

Here is a list of the top 10 highest radiation cell phones in the United States.

I was wondering why my brain was glowing, now I know.

#2 2525

• 60 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:53 AM

ok, it's easy... all of them are MOTOROLA !

#3 spins

• 177 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:35 PM

Mobile phones produce non-ionizing radiation, in other words the RF used lacks the energy to disrupt the molecular bonds that cause genetic mutations and thus cancer. You can heat things up with non-ionizing radiation though.

Also of note is that the max power output of a mobile phone is seldom used, to conserve battery power etc. Also mobile phones are not constructed to transfer energy into the user; they are constructed to radiate as much energy as possible away from the user. Although as the results show some mobile phones are better at this than others.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:56 PM

The greatest health threat represented by cell phones is in the batteries and it isn't the energy, it is their chemical composition. Highly toxic pollution from this industry represents 1% of landfill by volume and over 70% of the most toxic contaminants now entering the water table and polluting drinking water in the US.

The batteries lead the way and the sub-components are next. This is an industry begging for better design and recycling methods, especially since many of the compounds involved are contributing to violence in Africa on a par with blood diamonds and are somewhat rare as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users