- - - - -

needed suggestion for my stack.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 truculentknight

• 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

hi,

first some basics, I'm a student in college. I do martial arts, I excercise 2-4/week. I weight about 135lb. I sleep on a average of 6-8 hrs a day. I hope to achieve better shot/long term memory, faster data processing, etc.. hey maybe even telepathy..jk [tung]

Currently my stack consists of:

Piracetam 3grams / day
Aniracetam 800 mg / day
DMAE 100mg / day
ALCAR 1 gram / day

I've been considering removing piracetam because it makes me really sleep. I've heard that adding hydergine would help take away the sleepyness. Does anyone know of this?
I've been also considering reviseing my stack, maybe for example:

Aniracetam or Oxiracetam
Idebenone for NGF
Bacopa
ALCAR
Centrophenoxine
Hydergine

Could I get some suggestions please? I dont really know how much dosage should be taken for these based on weight or maybe any other factors? Also if any suggestions for adding another supplement and why would be helpful. If everything goes great then I will proceed to order my supplements from Unique Nutrition, now I know they are good supplier but has anyone taken a look at the COA (Certificate of Analysis)? How potent are their supplements? Any and all suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

#2 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:01 PM

Why quit piracetam altogether? 3gm a day is a lot, try cutting back a little. Bacopa is a good idea, fish oil would be good. I don't see why you take both pir and aniracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:56 PM

Many would say fish oil is an essential to your stack, just be certain to buy a quality brand, pharmceutically distilled. And like Xanadu said, 3 grams is a lot. You should not have to add hydergine just to counteract the effects of another drug, just cut the pir. Hydergine could make you sleepy by itself if you've got low blood pressure, btw. You should also be taking some sort of anti-oxidant combo, especially if you're taking ALCAR everyday and working out. Check out some of the research on the forum about ALA vs. R-ALA, etc. You may also want to look into some adaptogen supplements, I take siberian ginseng, and I likey.

Honestly, Unique Nutrition...? I never bothered.

#4 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

I wouldn't touch any nootropic type supplement unless it has been tested by an independent US laboratory.

http://www.consumerlab.com/ does not test nootropic supplements, and they are the most likely to be low in purity or contaminated because they are totally unregulated as well -- so you are stuck with few options from which to purchase.

http://www.imminst.o...198&t=99&st=140

#5 truculentknight

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:06 PM

hey mitkat,

i have done a little research on ALA and R-ALA and I dont quite understand how its needed when taking ALCAR? I have already lowered my dosage of piracetam but I still feel a bit sleepy, I now take 2grams. I probally should lower it to 1 gram. Does anyone have any opinons of the second stack though? And I will definetly look into fish oil!!

#6 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

You might want to try a more powerful cholinergic substance. I might try other things if I was looking to increase NGF before I used idebenone.

#7 truculentknight

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:58 AM

any suggestions? names? suppliers?

#8 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:20 AM

Many of your questions have been answered again and again...

#9 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, where did that FAQ ever get off to?

#10 truculentknight

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:19 AM

yo nootropikamil?

what are you talking about? im asking about ALA and R-ALA. Yes, I have posted some other topics about a stack but of course I rather ask for suggestions rather then just taking pills left and right like an idiot? Would you rather have me do that? Wouldn't you agree that it's must safer to ask questions, even if they are rather mundane? Wasn't the purpose of a forum to ask questions? I'm sure you know a lot about nootropics (i think?), but this is a forum to find out information, not to find out who will insult me. If you have nothing to contribute then do everyone a favor, dont post then.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:43 AM

any suggestions? names? suppliers?

I was referring to unspecific general questions posted above. Be specific about what you want suggestions for; what you want names for, etc. Suppliers -- there's a forum just for that. :)

Take two chill pills and come back tomorrow morning. Peace out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users