• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Chronic pressure around brain (tension headache), increases after swallowing or experiencing cold wind

tension headache

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gintrux

• Registrant
  • 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:02 PM

Chronic pressure around brain (tension headache?), increasing immediatelly after swallowing

Could you please help me solve this mystic shit out?

For more than a few months I have a constant sense of pressure in the head, around the brain area, on the upper part of the head. It varies between mild to moderate to severe. Occasionally turns into pain for a few seconds. Occasionally I hear high pitch sound (feels like originating in the back of the head, not the ears), which is often pulsating.

This pressure increases for some time immediatelly after swallowing anything: water, food, etc. I can swallow a sip of water and it will increase as soon as the water hits my stomach. It looks like anytime there is some activity in the stomach, head pressure increases.

Also it increases anytime I experience wind while being outside, the colder the wind, the bigger the pressure.

This pressure hadn’t completely disappeared for months, I’m having it 24/7.

Other symptoms for complete picture:

small amount of pain in adam’s apple when swallowing, some food getting stuck

decreased apetite

memory not sharp

lower back pain

Test I had done:

Brain MRI w/o contrast - no abnormalities

Carotid ultrasound (neck blood vessels) - no abnormalities

Thyroid ultrasound - some nodules visible

Full abdominal ultrasound - no abnormalities

Gastroscopy - non-atrophic gastritis without infection (no h. pylor)

blood tests - all ok, except:

HGB - 163 (max 160)

Creatinine - 116 (max 115)

AST: 49 (max 34)

ALT - ok

TSH - 2.2

ESR - 1

Protein in urine - negative

UREA - 4.1 mmol/l

Na, K - ok

Cl - 97 mmol/l (101-110)

Hba1c - ok

Medications tried

Tizanidine (muscle relaxant): looks like it reliably severely increases head pressure for a few hours. Side effect extreme drowsiness

Pramiracetam (pramistar): reliably increases head pressure, tinnitus becomes more often

No change with these:

Mirtazapine with duloxetine (2 weeks)

Mirtazapine alone (1 week)

Pregabalin

Indomethacin

Loratadine

Fluconazole

Creatine

Gabapentin + amitryptiline:  trying now, looks like no change

Galantamine, motherwort, horny goat weed, p5p, sulbutiamine, methylphenidate, afobazole, vitamin d, quercetin

On todo list:

cerebrolysin, h2 inhibitor, ldn

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:52 AM

The most common symptoms of intracranial hypertension are headaches and visual loss, including blind spots, poor peripheral (side) vision, double vision, and short temporary episodes of blindness. Many patients experience permanent vision loss. Other common symptoms include pulsatile tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and neck and shoulder pain.

Intracranial pressure (ICP) is the pressure exerted by fluids such as cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) inside the skull and on the brain tissue. ... The body has various mechanisms by which it keeps the ICP stable, with CSF pressures varying by about 1 mmHg in normal adults through shifts in production and absorption of CSF....CSF pressure has been shown to be influenced by abrupt changes in intrathoracic pressure during coughing...In general, symptoms and signs that suggest a rise in ICP include headache, vomiting without nausea, ocular palsies, altered level of consciousness, back pain and papilledema. If papilledema is protracted, it may lead to visual disturbances, optic atrophy, and eventually blindness. The headache is classically a morning headache which may wake them from sleep. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gintrux

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:05 PM

"visual loss, including blind spots, poor peripheral (side) vision, double vision, and short temporary episodes of blindness"

don't have these symptoms. But I have IIH in my list too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users