Policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic

coronavirus policy regulation quarantine confinement

• Please log in to reply
899 replies to this topic

#331 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 05:54 PM

Politicians and health bureaucrats have perverse incentives to NOT investigate negative outcomes from the COVID injections (or the overall pandemic policy)

Competent health policy advisors were railroaded out of the conversation by the hate/rage mob for pointing out the failure of the pandemic policies.

I am surprised the COVID rage hit squad has not driven Dr McCullough out of medicine/science - he has been threatened though.

• Informative x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#332 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:09 AM

Wow, Zerohedge says that hydroxychloroquine works to prevent Covid-19!   I rushed here with this news in order to impress my Longecity colleague Dorian Grey.  

Just kidding, it was European Journal of Epidemiology on 8/9/2022:  Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials of hydroxychloroquine for the prevention of COVID-19

Results
The pooled risk ratio estimate of the pre-exposure prophylaxis trials was 0.72 (95% CI: 0.58–0.90) when using either a fixed effect or a standard random effects approach, and 0.72 (95% CI: 0.55–0.95) when using a conservative modification of the Hartung-Knapp random effects approach. The corresponding estimates for the post-exposure prophylaxis trials were 0.91 (95% CI: 0.72–1.16) and 0.91 (95% CI: 0.62–1.35). All trials found a similar rate of serious adverse effects in the HCQ and no HCQ groups.
Discussion
A benefit of HCQ as prophylaxis for COVID-19 cannot be ruled out based on the available evidence from randomized trials. However, the “not statistically significant” findings from early prophylaxis trials were widely interpreted as definite evidence of lack of effectiveness of HCQ. This interpretation disrupted the timely completion of the remaining trials and thus the generation of precise estimates for pandemic management before the development of vaccines.

Too bad so many people had to die.   

• Informative x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#333 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:23 AM

Robert Malone previews a forthcoming video short on ivermectin.   Ivermectin: Why is the Administrative State willing to kill you? 

I am completely convinced that the needless wasting of hundreds of thousands of lives could have been avoided.  Parents, co-workers, relatives (brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins), and even some children, all gone forever under horrible and abrupt circumstances.  I know on both a personal and an intellectual/professional level that the burden of avoidable carnage and ongoing disability is profound.

But something about seeing the shocking history of this sordid tale of Administrative State-mediated murder of hundreds of thousands of US Citizens all rolled up into a thirteen-minute video montage hit me like yet another “brick to the head”, with about the same velocity and impact as reading/editing Bobby’s amazing book.

Malone, who I consume with a critical eye, also urges examination of four essays on Covid-19 policy by Matthew B Crawford.   I’ll read them and may comment further.

• Good Point x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

#334 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2022 - 02:23 PM

Denmark forbids Covid-19 vaccinations for those under 18, without MD certification of high-risk status. 

https://www.europere...youth-under-18/

Children and adolescents only very rarely become seriously ill from COVID-19 with the omicron variant. Therefore, from July 1, 2022, it will no longer be possible for children and adolescents under the age of 18 to get the 1st [shot], and from September 1, 2022, it will no longer be possible to get the 2nd [shot],” reads a government statement. [translated from Danish]

Norway, Sweden, and Finland also variously limit Covid-19 vaccination of children.   Enough said.

• Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#335 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 05:18 PM

Robert Malone previews a forthcoming video short on ivermectin.   Ivermectin: Why is the Administrative State willing to kill you? 

Malone, who I consume with a critical eye, also urges examination of four essays on Covid-19 policy by Matthew B Crawford.   I’ll read them and may comment further.

Even in the studies where HQC and IVM did not reach statistical significance, there were clear signals of beneficial outcomes. If you said as such, you were subject to threats by COVID cult rage mob. I never saw so many quality, honest, hard-working scientists and doctors be vilified trying to help people.

Remember "pandemic of the unvaccinated". Complete B.S. Well over a year ago, it was easy to see that injected people were contracting COVID and a lot of data since then has shown the injected people are more contagious for longer periods of time. It took until today before the CDC confirmed what was obvious almost a YEAR AND A HALF AGO! The truth is that this has turned into a "pandemic of the vaccinated". Take a look at New Zealand lately, recently setting daily records for COVID deaths and case loads, even though almost everyone got the first 2 doses of the injections and a whopping 45% of adults have received 4 doses of the COVID injections. They also have strict mask rules for public spaces. None of the pandemic policies worked.

But it is even worse than that. The "pandemic of the unvaccinated" phrase caused unprecedented harm to innocent people. The COVID hate/rage mob used that terminology to bludgeon anyone who did want to get the injections. People were beaten in the streets, arrested, threatened, careers destroyed, etc...

The leadership of the CDC, FDA, NIH, WHO are not only incompetent but they are actively harming the populace. People need to be fired. People need to be investigated.

• Well Written x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#336 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 11:35 AM

A great article which highlights some of the philosophical aspects of the COVID hysteria and why so many people now reject real science in favor of a "narrative".

In a technocratic regime, whoever controls what Science Says controls the state. What Science Says is then subject to political contest, and subject to capture by whoever funds it. Which turns out to be the state itself. Here is an epistemic self-licking ice cream cone that bristles at outside interference. Many factual ambiguities and rival hypotheses about the pandemic, typical of the scientific process, were resolved not by rational debate but by intimidation, with heavy use of the term “disinformation” and attendant enforcement by social media companies acting as franchisees of the state. In this there seems to have been a consistent bias toward scientific interpretations that induced fear, even at the cost of omitting relevant context.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#337 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 03:28 AM

A great article which highlights some of the philosophical aspects of the COVID hysteria and why so many people now reject real science in favor of a "narrative".

This is just blatant political propaganda meant to divide Americans into Us and them political teams. Has nothing substantial to add to the debate about Policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic. Sad that we can't have real discussions here that are not tainted with blatant political bias. There are lots of forums where you can go and rant about how bad liberals are, why must you drag politics into these discussions? 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#338 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 04:21 AM

This is just blatant political propaganda meant to divide Americans into Us and them political teams. Has nothing substantial to add to the debate about Policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic. Sad that we can't have real discussions here that are not tainted with blatant political bias. There are lots of forums where you can go and rant about how bad liberals are, why must you drag politics into these discussions?

Dividing Americans, yes there seems to be a lot of that going around.

Yes we live in Alex Jones - Trump post-reality times. People want reality that matches what they want it to be and that creeps into everything including views on COVID and vaccines. People here, including moderators, just use it as a platform for their slanted views of reality and there is no reasoning with them.

Oh, but that's different.

As I've said, this issue has been politicized from day one. And there is guilt on both sides.

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 16 August 2022 - 04:26 AM.

• Good Point x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#339 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 04:24 PM

Dividing Americans, yes there seems to be a lot of that going around.

Oh, but that's different.

As I've said, this issue has been politicized from day one. And there is guilt on both sides.

My quote was "Yes we live in Alex Jones - Trump post-reality times. People want reality that matches what they want it to be and that creeps into everything including views on COVID and vaccines"

I don't really think the Alex Jones issue is political, though it has political dimensions and his fans I suppose are more politically to the right. It's about a sharlatan peddling lies and getting rich from doing it. It was in response to someone pointing out that these threads have turned into opinion pieces rather than discussions of actual science. I tried to point out that truth doesn't matter to some people here, they want to hear reality that confirms their innate beliefs.  Charlatans like Jones and politician Trump take advantage of this. Contrast this to the link Mind posted which was essentially a meandering diatribe that tries to link Liberalism and COVID. FWIW I have pointed out here many times I don't participate in the red-blue tribal wars. I am not progressive, not liberal, not Republican, not Democrat. Yes, I despise Trump. Not because I am against conservative policies, some of which I agree with, but because like Jones he is a charlatan. 

Do you, as one of the moderators, want LongeCity to evolve into an Alex Jones or Truth Social like forum filled with opinions, lies and contorted reality masquerading as truth?  Can we get back to the science? Not science cherry picked by Zerohedge to satisfy the political bent of their readership? Not meaningless diatribes about COVID and Liberalism that go nowhere? 

• Good Point x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#340 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2022 - 05:22 PM

geo12the writes in post #339:

"Do you, as one of the moderators, want LongeCity to evolve into an Alex Jones or Truth Social like forum filled with opinions, lies and contorted reality masquerading as truth?"

How long have you been on Truth Social, geo12the? And, can you link to any specific opinions, lies or contortions of reality masquerading as truth, that you encountered while you were logged in, concerning policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic (the subject of this thread)? Or, other matters related to coronavirus?

"masquerading as truth" is an interesting phrase. Opinions don't masquerade as anything--they are merely opinions. Lies and contortions of reality, on the other hand, can be fact-checked. And, depending on who's doing the fact-checking, results may be in direct opposition to the conclusions of another fact-checker.

So, when you post, here, an example(s) of a lie or contortion that you found while you were perusing Truth Social, will you provide us (thread readers) with the name of the fact-checking entity that you relied on to substantiate the example(s) that you will provide? That way we readers can assess the credibility of the fact-checker that you name.

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 16 August 2022 - 05:33 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#341 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 05:27 PM

What part is political propaganda? I doubt you read the article? The opinion article is trying to explain why real science was discarded during the pandemic. It seems like a good theory to me. Only once was any political party mentioned in the entire article - highlighting the fact that democrat heavy areas of the U.S. were much more into the COVID fear narrative.

It is a fact that rational scientific discussion was squelched during the COVID incident. It is one of the main reasons we got pandemic policies that failed over and over and over again.

• Good Point x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#342 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:06 PM

geo12the writes in post #339:

"Do you, as one of the moderators, want LongeCity to evolve into an Alex Jones or Truth Social like forum filled with opinions, lies and contorted reality masquerading as truth?"

How long have you been on Truth Social, geo12the? And, can you link to any specific opinions, lies or contortions of reality masquerading as truth, that you encountered while you were logged in, concerning policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic (the subject of this thread)? Or, other matters related to coronavirus?

"masquerading as truth" is an interesting phrase. Opinions don't masquerade as anything--they are merely opinions. Lies and contortions of reality, on the other hand, can be fact-checked. And, depending on who's doing the fact-checking, results may be in direct opposition to the conclusions of another fact-checker.

So, when you post, here, an example(s) of a lie or contortion that you found while you were perusing Truth Social, will you provide us (thread readers) with the name of the fact-checking entity that you relied on to substantiate the example(s) that you will provide? That way we readers can assess the credibility of the fact-checker that you name.

I give up. Congratulations Mind you won! You've succeeded into turning Loncgeity into a platform for your distorted far-right wing propaganda. I don't have the time or energy to go in to every crazy thing you post and counter it. 

And no Advcoatus Diaboli, I don't read the social media MAGA version of Pravda. I am not into cults.    

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#343 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2022 - 04:32 PM

Re: post # 342

geo12the, if you don't (or haven't) read the postings on Truth Social, how is it that you can you conclude that it is a "forum filled with opinions, lies and contorted reality masquerading as truth"? It may be an expectation of yours, one that you hold to be plausible, but to have made such a statement without having read the content is disingenuous.

When Mind writes "What part is political propaganda? I doubt you read the article?" he may have a point--given that you have essentially admitted to forming judgements without having looked for evidence: "I don't read the social media MAGA version of Pravda. I am not into cults."

I suspect that Mind, and others here, will examine the facts before formulating an opinion. I'm afraid that parts of your protestation "I am not progressive, not liberal, not Republican, not Democrat."  don't ring true, and are belied by some of your postings. If you were defenestrated out of the Overton window I'd guess that your landing would be demonstrably sinister (think Latin).

If Mind, or anyone else, offers a citation that you consider to be misinformed, just offer a countervaling citation. Then the readers can decide which one (if either) they consider to be more plausible.

• like x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#344 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 05:29 PM

I give up. Congratulations Mind you won! You've succeeded into turning Loncgeity into a platform for your distorted far-right wing propaganda. I don't have the time or energy to go in to every crazy thing you post and counter it. 

And no Advcoatus Diaboli, I don't read the social media MAGA version of Pravda. I am not into cults.    

If you had evidence of mistruths, lies, and propaganda you could easily post it. We could all evaluate it. Unfortunately, this discussion and multiple other discussions are filled with empty (ad hominem, off-topic) accusations.

I can look around and see in my own area of the world that the pandemic policies were an utter failure to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV2. Same in the vast majority of the world. Such epic failure should bring about in-depth analysis and criticism of the policies and policy-makers. Shouting down and belittling the critics will not bring about better policies in the future.

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#345 Dorian Grey

• Topic Starter
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 03:03 AM

Vinay Prasad sheds a very bright light on the FOOLISHNESS of public health officials, as they eat one of their own over a couple of trivialities they fear do not conform precisely enough to the narrative. 

We live in interesting times!  

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#346 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 19 August 2022 - 06:03 PM

Be thankful that you don't live in China. Residents in Shanghai recently stampeded out of an Ikea when a snap COVID lockdown was announced. They knew they had to get out, otherwise they would be detained, separated from family tested, and quarantined for who knows how long. Maybe their pets would be killed. They were so desperate that they forced their way through police - something that could very easily land you in prison.

The CDC recently reversed pretty much all of their previous COVID recommendations and is admitting to failure - but not admitting the true failures of the pandemic policies. They hid data, did not follow the science, made false statements, paying off social media, and much more. NIH is hiding documents as well.

CDC also stealth edits their website to remove previous bad information they fed the public. It was known over a year and a half ago that the spike protein from the COVID injections lasts for a long time in the body. The CDC said it did not. Now they removed their false statement from their website without making a "public" correction or statement.

CDC "studies" are often poor - essentially confusing correlation and causation and not controlling for confounding factors. Dr. Birx does not appear to understand clinical science/results either.

More of the media (but of course NOT the awful U.S. national media) is starting to talk about the large increase in all-cause mortality over the last year. Just another detrimental effect of the lockdown and mandated injections.

It is embarrassing that even Nicaragua cared more about the detrimental effects of the lockdowns on children and vulnerable populations, than the U.S. 

Bioethicists are now chiming in 2.5 years too late about the harm caused by lockdown/masking/isolation. Where were they before the harm was caused. They are supposed to be a line of defense against things like this.

• Informative x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

#347 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 07:06 PM

Dr Hotez has been one of the main propagandists when it comes to one-size-fits all, no alternative opinions allowed, pandemic policy crowd.

Over the years, Hotez has repeatedly spewed vitriol at parents of vaccine-injured children and called for physical harm and imprisonment of people who don’t agree with the one-size-fits-all vaccine agenda, so it was rather funny when he whined and complained about getting bombarded with “anti-vaxx hate speech” in response to his cyberwarfare call.29

Hotez is not above casting an evil eye on other scientists either. As reported by independent journalist Paul Thacker in an August 9, 2022, Substack article titled, “Peter Hotez Sees Aggression Everywhere But in the Mirror”:30

“Patrolling scientific discourse, Hotez has a knack for discovering ‘antiscience’ in anyone who disagrees with him. Jeffrey Sachs, economics professor at Columbia University and chair of an international commission on COVID-19, charged in a wide-ranging interview31 last week that the National Institutes of Health and allied scientists were impeding an investigation into how the COVID-19 pandemic started.

Since the pandemic’s beginning, virologists have been attacking anyone who asks hard questions about what might have started this outbreak. Predictably ... Hotez went on the assault, tweeting that Sachs, as leader of the Lancet Commission, did not represent the views of science.

Much like a Pentagon general wrapping himself in freedom and the flag to demand more federal monies for another foreign war ... Hotez has been shrouding himself in the mantle of science to denigrate anyone who questions taxpayer funding for dangerous virus research by the National Institutes of Health.”

The Chinese communist response to COVID continues to get more extreme and bizarre. They are now testing fish for SARS-CoV2.

The UN had over 100,000 people enrolled to push the one-size-fits-all pandemic response

Vaccine mandates continue to make no sense. THE INJECTION DOES NOT STOP TRANSMISSION!! Not only that, injected people who contract COVID are more likely to spread it and they stay contagious longer (indicated by multiple studies). Lawsuits against the mandates are gaining steam and US government officials are now starting to point fingers at each other over the mandates. No one wants to take responsibility for the military mandates.

The CDC was hardly ever open, adaptable, or transparent about their pandemic policies. Leaders at the CDC need to be fired and investigated.

• Informative x 3
  • Cheerful x 1

#348 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 01 September 2022 - 05:10 PM

The current CDC director is now trying to distance herself from the lockdown policies....saying those "predated" her term. 

The pandemic policies were an utter failure in stopping the virus from spreading. There is plenty of data showing this - now in a Danish study as well.

It is a positive sign that more discussion about pandemic policies is now allowed. This recent opinion column was allowed in Newsweek - amazingly. For the last 2.5 years, all discussion about better/alternative pandemic policies were shouted-down in hate-filled screeds. Researcher's and Doctor's jobs were threatened.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#349 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 05:19 PM

Not many people are taking the new boosters and even less are getting the COVID injections to their kids. I would surmise this lack of uptake of mass injections is due to the fact that the injections were an utter failure at stopping the spread of the virus anywhere in the world....but also due to the unhinged, illegal, unconstitutional efforts to force everyone in the world to take the injections. People can feel the desperation and oppression emanating from public health authorities.

Here is a better approach to gain trust and more widespread uptake:

"This vaccine works, you should take it, if not you will probably die. If you are hesitant, just wait, you will see all of your friends and family will be fine and surviving COVID. When you feel ready, we will have a vaccine ready for you".

Instead of gentle persuasion, now the Rockefeller Foundation is trying to develop sophisticated propaganda techniques to brainwash people into taking the COVID injections.

Even sports stars were threatened/pressured into taking the COVID injections.

Be thankful that people pushed back against the oppressive and ineffective pandemic policies in much of the world, otherwise we would all be in the same unfortunate sad situation as Chinese citizens...still facing COVID disruptions. Take a look at the scenes out of the latest city to be locked-down because of COVID. Shocking.

• Informative x 4

#350 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:12 PM

Bioethicists excoriate the pandemic policies. All harm. No benefit. This was obvious from the beginning. Where were the bioethicists in the beginning? Probably scared by the COVID rage mob that viciously attacked anyone who did not go along with the pandemic policies (which ended up in utter total failure).

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1

#351 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 02:45 PM

I was looking at the title of this thread - "Policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic" and now two and a half years on it's clear there weren't any "policy measures" to solve the covid-19 pandemic.

This isn't in any way a criticism of the OP. Early on most of us weren't exactly sure what we were dealing with or had any familiarity of the history of viral pandemics. But now that we've been through the last 2+ years it's clear that vaccines weren't going to be a solution to this virus (RNA viruses mutate far too rapidly to be good targets for vaccines) and this virus was far too transmissible to be stopped by anything so weak as "policy measures".

This pandemic is going to be solved the same way similar pandemics have been solved since time immemorial - the virus will adapt to human hosts and in the process become less and less lethal as time goes on. This is the reason historical pandemic viruses from the past generally don't plague us today. For covid-19 much of this process has already occurred.

It seems that the best strategy was to do your best to avoid getting the virus for the first 18 months or so. If you avoided getting covid-19 till you got the Omicron variant - congratulations.  You've probably done about as well as possible.

Eventually we'll all get covid-19. Probably multiple times. Eventually this will just be a straight forward cold. I got the Omicron variant in the first of August. I certainly have been sicker in my life but it did notably leave me tired and drained for about 3 weeks. But, if you look at the numbers it appears that the worst is now behind us. Knock wood.

• Good Point x 3
  • Cheerful x 1

#352 Dorian Grey

• Topic Starter
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 05:22 PM

I was looking at the title of this thread - "Policy measures to solve the coronavirus pandemic" and now two and a half years on it's clear there weren't any "policy measures" to solve the covid-19 pandemic.

This isn't in any way a criticism of the OP. Early on most of us weren't exactly sure what we were dealing with or had any familiarity of the history of viral pandemics. But now that we've been through the last 2+ years it's clear that vaccines weren't going to be a solution to this virus (RNA viruses mutate far too rapidly to be good targets for vaccines) and this virus was far too transmissible to be stopped by anything so weak as "policy measures".

This pandemic is going to be solved the same way similar pandemics have been solved since time immemorial - the virus will adapt to human hosts and in the process become less and less lethal as time goes on. This is the reason historical pandemic viruses from the past generally don't plague us today. For covid-19 much of this process has already occurred.

It seems that the best strategy was to do your best to avoid getting the virus for the first 18 months or so. If you avoided getting covid-19 till you got the Omicron variant - congratulations.  You've probably done about as well as possible.

Eventually we'll all get covid-19. Probably multiple times. Eventually this will just be a straight forward cold. I got the Omicron variant in the first of August. I certainly have been sicker in my life but it did notably leave me tired and drained for about 3 weeks. But, if you look at the numbers it appears that the worst is now behind us. Knock wood.

Agree!  When the godfather of coronavirus research himself Ralph Baric opines we shouldn't chase variants with vaccines and/or MABs, you'd think someone in the Medical Industrial Complex might listen: 

https://www.nature.c...rticles/nm.3985

A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence

"Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein"

----------------------

So what is the best "policy measure" to resolve a coronavirus pandemic dilemma?  Could it be maybe prompt therapeutic treatment?  Ralph Baric opines once again: 

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/21079686/

Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity In Vitro and Zinc Ionophores Block the Replication of These Viruses in Cell Culture (2010 / PMID: 21079686)

In this study we demonstrate that the combination of Zn2+ and PT at low concentrations (2 µM Zn2+ and 2 µM PT) inhibits the replication of SARS-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and equine arteritis virus (EAV) in cell culture”

-------------------

Ahh, so zinc + ionophore might be the "best medicine" from what professor Baric has learned over his decades of research on coronavirus.   As viral replication is peaking right around the first day or two of symptom onset, one might surmise prompt initiation of treatment might also be imperative.  

Bottom line...  The best, and perhaps only policy to solve the coronavirus pandemic would be for every household to have this combination therapy on hand, and initiate treatment at the first sign of infection; perhaps even before testing positive if you've got any symptoms during a major surge of infections in local population.  

Dr Zev Zelenko put this protocol into practice way back in early 2020, and reported remarkable success in his peer reviewed and published paper: 

COVID-19 outpatients: early risk-stratified treatment with zinc plus low-dose hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin: a retrospective case series study

"the odds of hospitalization of treated patients were 84% less than in the untreated group"

Dr Z's patents were symptomatic an average of 4 days when treatment was started, so imagine how effective initiation of therapy might have been if started within 1-2 days?  

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#353 Dorian Grey

• Topic Starter
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 05:38 AM

Uh-oh!  New variant alarm from Dr Been.  Has SARS-CoV-3 arrived?  Please watch the first 15-20 minutes of this!  Muy Importante! 

It appears the new X-BB variant has morphed into a very different critter, escaping immunity from all previous vaccines and/or infection.  It apparently is almost as different from SARS-CoV-2, as CoV-2 is from original SARS CoV-1. No word yet on whether this is more pathogenic than omicron, but this may be a whole new pandemic. 

As I mentioned above, an effective therapeutic may be the key to "solving" this new coronavirus pandemic!   

Got HCQ?  Got zinc?  

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#354 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 06:35 PM

The Lancet, quite often providing ammo to the COVID rage mob to attack anyone questioning the pandemic narrative/policies, now publishes an article completely obliterating the pandemic policies. The pandemic response was an utter failure...yet many health bureaucrats want to keep doing the same thing.

• Informative x 3
  • Cheerful x 1

#355 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:46 PM

The Lancet, quite often providing ammo to the COVID rage mob to attack anyone questioning the pandemic narrative/policies, now publishes an article completely obliterating the pandemic policies. The pandemic response was an utter failure...yet many health bureaucrats want to keep doing the same thing.

Great find Mind, thank you for sharing!

Of the 10 different points in the summary, to me (3) and (9) are particularly important (*) specially (9) also in the findings (**). Wrt vaccination, the paper seems not emphasizing much the now rising (***) criticism (obvious to several critics since 2021) related to generalized, basically-everyone-must-get “mass vaccination” vs a targeted approach, the latter, again obvious to several critics since 2020, applicable also to NPI when a respiratory virus, IMHO.

(*)

The multiple failures of international cooperation include (1) the lack of timely notification of the initial outbreak of COVID-19; (2) costly delays in acknowledging the crucial airborne exposure pathway of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and in implementing appropriate measures at national and global levels to slow the spread of the virus; (3) the lack of coordination among countries regarding suppression strategies; (4) the failure of governments to examine evidence and adopt best practices for controlling the pandemic and managing economic and social spillovers from other countries; (5) the shortfall of global funding for low-income and middle-income countries (LMICs), as classified by the World Bank; (6) the failure to ensure adequate global supplies and equitable distribution of key commodities— including protective gear, diagnostics, medicines, medical devices, and vaccines—especially for LMICs; (7) the lack of timely, accurate, and systematic data on infections, deaths, viral variants, health system responses, and indirect health consequences; (8) the poor enforcement of appropriate levels of biosafety regulations in the lead-up to the pandemic, raising the possibility of a laboratory-related outbreak; (9) the failure to combat systematic disinformation; and (10) the lack of global and national safety nets to protect populations experiencing vulnerability.” (bold mine)

(**)

Epidemic control was seriously hindered by substantial public opposition to routine public health and social measures, such as the wearing of properly fitting face masks and getting vaccinated. This opposition reflects a lack of social trust, low confidence in government advice, inconsistency of government advice, low health literacy, lack of sufficient behavioural-change interventions, and extensive misinformation and disinformation campaigns on social media.” (bold mine)

(***)

If accessible outside Switzerland and for the French speakers this was broadcasted by the Swiss Nat. TV few days ago inviting several scientists (not really what you might call a "no-vax") criticizing the vaccination policy: https://www.rts.ch/p...86?startTime=60

Edited by albedo, 14 October 2022 - 03:49 PM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#356 Dorian Grey

• Topic Starter
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 04:05 AM

Oh my!  FIRE THEM...  FIRE THEM ALL!  

Vinay Prasad eviscerates all the American alphabet agencies and COVID policy wonks.  

Joe Biden Needs to FIRE all his COVID advisors | Jha, Walensky, Murthy & More | Here is Why

One very entertaining half hour.  

Cheers!  

• like x 1

#357 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 04:32 PM

They all need to be fired AND be investigated for unethical/criminal activity.

The failures and lies go good with a laugh-track.

• Informative x 2

#358 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 28 October 2022 - 04:45 PM

As far as pandemic policies go, maybe China is considering the future. They continue to absolutely terrorize their citizens with zero-COVID restrictions. You never know when you will be stuck at work for a couple of weeks getting probed and isolated, maybe beaten if you speak up. You need a green QR code to go anywhere, just like being tracked like cattle with an ear tag.

Look at it from their perspective. The U.S. (NIH, EcoHealth/Google) funded risky research at Wuhan and tried to lie about it. The U.S. lied about having 30 different bio-research labs in Ukraine. The U.S. is now creating an omicron variant 400 times more deadly than the original.

If you are China, you are looking at "mad-scientists" in the U.S. who seem to have no restrictions on creating super-deadly viruses. Maybe they are just preparing for the inevitable lethal U.S.-created pandemic

Edited by Mind, 29 October 2022 - 08:44 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#359 Mind

• 19,036 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 08:42 PM

How often can you get things wrong before you are no longer "following the science".

• Good Point x 1

#360 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:27 PM

Sorry if you have seen this from Carl Heneghan et al: https://trusttheevid...tm_medium=email

Edited by albedo, 30 October 2022 - 12:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, policy, regulation, quarantine, confinement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users