• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Which wereables or other tech stuff can increase concentration?

wereable tech

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kacht

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:01 AM

Hello,

Which wereables or other tech stuff that one can buy can increase concentration when doing tasks?

Thanks for answering.

#2 Oakman

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:45 PM

Perhaps this is not what you wanted, but...

I cycle often and consider it a metric for my ongoing health. To maximize my speed and minimize my effort I concentrate and practice deep breathing, mouth closed as much as possible. No tech there. But to get the most work from every heart beat, and strengthen my heart muscle, I use a smartphone app, Activia, that talks my heart rate or % of max HR (wrist HR monitor) to me every 10 seconds thru my earbuds. So in essence, I "cycle to the beat", concentrating at maintaining not a certain speed, but a certain heart beat range (say ~70%, ~80%, or ~90%) depending on my immediate goal, for example, it might be recovery or HIIT, or long distance endurance. This is much like training at the gym. The heart, after all, is a muscle like any other, and training it in multiple ways brings efficiency and strength improvements.

I also try to keep a tight watch over my HRV (heart rate variability). So for HRV I use an app, HRV4training, on my smartphone that reads your finger pulse and generates an HRV number. Concentrating on deep breathing helps keep that up (higher HRV). It's taken a while, like months, to improve my HRV, but it definitely has improved significantly since I started about two years ago.

Ultimately, I often feel like I'm in a video game, listening (and watching) data from my efforts as I ride the trails and streets here. It's a very rewarding form of concentration!

Edited by Oakman, 10 April 2020 - 08:48 PM.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Kacht

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2020 - 02:04 PM

Perhaps this is not what you wanted, but...

I cycle often and consider it a metric for my ongoing health. To maximize my speed and minimize my effort I concentrate and practice deep breathing, mouth closed as much as possible. No tech there. But to get the most work from every heart beat, and strengthen my heart muscle, I use a smartphone app, Activia, that talks my heart rate or % of max HR (wrist HR monitor) to me every 10 seconds thru my earbuds. So in essence, I "cycle to the beat", concentrating at maintaining not a certain speed, but a certain heart beat range (say ~70%, ~80%, or ~90%) depending on my immediate goal, for example, it might be recovery or HIIT, or long distance endurance. This is much like training at the gym. The heart, after all, is a muscle like any other, and training it in multiple ways brings efficiency and strength improvements.

I also try to keep a tight watch over my HRV (heart rate variability). So for HRV I use an app, HRV4training, on my smartphone that reads your finger pulse and generates an HRV number. Concentrating on deep breathing helps keep that up (higher HRV). It's taken a while, like months, to improve my HRV, but it definitely has improved significantly since I started about two years ago.

Ultimately, I often feel like I'm in a video game, listening (and watching) data from my efforts as I ride the trails and streets here. It's a very rewarding form of concentration!

Thanks for the input. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Kacht

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:22 AM

Do you guys have some more suggestions on the following: Which wereables or other tech stuff that one can buy can increase concentration when doing tasks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users