• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:17 PM

Morning
5mg methyl B12 (AOR)
400mg Milk Thistle (raw powder, bulknutrition.co.uk)
50mg 7-OH-DHEA (Designer Supplements)
600mg NAC (raw powder, Discount Supplements UK)
250mg DMAE (NOW Foods)
B-50 Complex (Solgar)
500mg Ester-C+Bioflavonoids (Solgar)
100mg Magnesium Malate (AOR)
450mg Rhodiola Rosea (NOW Foods) (weekends off)
Saw palmetto tincture
-
30g Hydrolized whey (AST)

Lunch
1 scoop Essential Mix (AOR)
1g Ester-C+Bioflavonoids (Solgar)
500mg Quercetin (AOR)
25000 IU BEta Carotene (to be replaced by NOW Veggie Carotenoids)
10mg Resveratrol + grape skin (AOR) (to be discontinued)
300mg Cat claw Root (to be replaced by REPARAGEN)
K-R-ALA (Designer Supplements, to be replaced by R-LA MCT)
1 Cap Udo's Super8 probiotics (alternated with Advanced Adult blend, 2 times a week)
1 Cap Udo's Digestive Enzymes
50mg Pycnogenol (Natrol)
1g Chlorella (Solgar)

Dinner
1cap Garlic (Allimax)
50mg Pycnogenol (Natrol)
1g Ester-C+Bioflavonoids (Solgar)
1g Chlorella (Solgar)
2 teaspoons (=2.8g EPA+DHA) Omega-3 Oil lemon flavoured (NOW Foods)
half teaspoon Borage Oil
150mg Hyaluronic Acid (from Biocell Collagen II)
1 Cap Udo's Digestive Enzymes

Night
15mg Zinc Methionine (Bioforce)
300mg Cat claw Root (to be replaced by REPARAGEN)
600mg NAC (raw powder, Discount Supplements UK)
1g Chlorella (Solgar)
-
30g Micellar Casein (Xtreme Formulations Ultra peptide)

During the day:
Green Tea: 2-3 cups
CEE: 3g

In stash for use on special occasions:
Taurine
ALCAR
AMP
DHEA
Valerian root and extract blend
Other stuff that I dont remember :)

Things I'm considering:
-Something for AGE inhibition. I took AOR Age Amadori for one month and half, didnt notice anything and I'm looking for something cheaper.
-Curcumin (hate the taste, gotta pass on this)
-White tea extract

I will eventually break down costs, but I have to take into account shipping which is £8 for my monthly AOR order, £5 for my bi-monthly Solgar order, and lesser amounts for other stuff.

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

Nice, thanks for posting! I'll comment more later. I hope this trend continues -- these are a valuable resource for other people, and for constructive feedback. Maybe we can start a new sub-forum for these threads...

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

NAC has a half-life of ~1.5 hours. You can increase this to ~4 hours with a sustained release version of NAC

#4 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:08 AM

Nice, thanks for posting!  I'll comment more later.  I hope this trend continues -- these are a valuable resource for other people, and for constructive feedback.  Maybe we can start a new sub-forum for these threads...

I'd post my stack too, but stellar would tear it apart molecularly and kick my ass like the old days. :)

#5 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:11 AM

stellar would tear it apart molecularly and kick my ass

Where I come from, we call that constructive criticism. :)

#6 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:13 AM

You don't know me and stellar though...we have a history. stellar knows what's up; not quite like MR, but maybe within throwing distance [huh]

#7 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:17 AM

Hey if someone wants to rip your regime apart then let them. Surely we can all learn by our mistakes. I think by posting our supplement regimes we can and will all most likely get an idea of how we can round it off to make it better.

Bring it on I say.

#8 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:19 AM

Where's yours Zoo? [tung]

#9 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:20 AM

Not to go too off on syr's topic; but it's more of an inside joke between me, stellar, and anyone else who watched stellar kick my ass -- Scott also helped to knock me into shape a bit too. I was psychotic and terribly delusional due to an overly extensive stack -- it was scary. [:o] You are lucky you didn't see it, that's all I got to say.

I don't want to relive it: but here is stellar's previous comment:

Yeah, he's real "knowledgeable". Anyone who stacks this much stuff *DOES NOT KNOW WTF THEY ARE DOING*!! THREE ergot derivatives, THREE racetams, THREE Vasodilators (Ginko, Vinpocetine, Picamilon), Aricept, deprenyl, etc???? No wonder he's so wigged out....

I'd pull up Section8's comments too. But I don't want to kick my own ass too hard.

Edited by nootropikamil, 09 June 2006 - 04:33 AM.

#10 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:47 AM

No need to relive the past, especially when you're hijacking someone else's thread. Everything's cool now Adam.

Post your regimen, btw :)

------------------

Syr,

-- I'm not a big fan of DMAE, are you taking this for cognitive benefit? I'd try lecithin, standardized to a minimum of 35% Phosphatidlycholine. I'm sure you can find someone who sells a bulk powder of it. Liverfriend.com maybe?

--I thought I read some bad stuff about Borage oil, but I can't remember what it was.
Cryptic yes, but something definitely left a imprint in my mind to stay away from it. Maybe it had something to do with prostate cancer?

--I'd be careful in taking 500mg quercetin with all that other stuff with lunch.

#11 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:53 AM

Nice, thanks for posting! I'll comment more later. I hope this trend continues -- these are a valuable resource for other people, and for constructive feedback. Maybe we can start a new sub-forum for these threads...

Glad to see that this actually happened, not sure who is responsible, but thanks! Just reading and comparing threads such as this one has been quite helpful.

#12 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:57 AM

NAC has a half-life of ~1.5 hours. You can increase this to ~4 hours with a sustained release version of NAC

I thought NAC's half life was 5-6 hours, therefore I never considered taking a sustained release version. [huh]

#13 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:59 AM

Maybe we can start a new sub-forum for these threads...

I was about to say the same thing

#14 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:02 AM

Things I'm considering:
-Something for AGE inhibition. I took AOR Age Amadori for one month and half, didnt notice anything and I'm looking for something cheaper.

I don't think you are supposed to "notice anything", at least in such short term.

#15 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

I thought NAC's half life was 5-6 hours, therefore I never considered taking a sustained release version.

What I was able to dig up on NAC's pharmacokinetics raises doubts about the value of a sustained release formula:

Clin Pharmacokinet. 1991 Feb;20(2):123-34.  Related Articles, Links

Clinical pharmacokinetics of N-acetylcysteine.

Holdiness MR.

Lakeside Hospital, Metairie (New Orleans), Louisiana.

N-Acetylcysteine is useful as a mucolytic agent for treatment of chronic bronchitis and other pulmonary diseases complicated by the production of viscous mucus. It is also used as an antidote to paracetamol (acetaminophen) poisoning and found to be effective for the prevention of cardiotoxicity by doxorubicin and haemorrhagic cystitis from oxazaphosphorines. After an oral dose of N-acetylcysteine 200 to 400 mg the peak plasma concentration of 0.35 to 4 mg/L is achieved within 1 to 2 hours. Although the data are conflicting, it appears that the administration of charcoal may interfere with drug absorption, with up to 96% of the drug adsorbed on to the charcoal. Information on absorption in the presence of food or other drugs is not available. The volume of distribution ranges from 0.33 to 0.47 L/kg and protein binding is significant, reaching approximately 50% 4 hours after the dose. Pharmacokinetic information is not available as to whether or not N-acetylcysteine crosses the blood-brain barrier or placenta, or into breast milk. Renal clearance has been reported as 0.190 to 0.211 L/h/kg and approximately 70% of the total body clearance is nonrenal. Following oral administration, reduced N-acetylcysteine has a terminal half-life of 6.25h. Little is known of the metabolism of this agent, although it is believed to be rapidly metabolised and incorporated on to proteins. The major excretory product is inorganic sulphate. Frequently reported side effects are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. Biochemical and haematological adverse effects are observed but are not clinically relevant. Drug interactions of clinical significance have been observed with paracetamol, glutathione and anticancer agents.

#16 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

About NAC, The bulk powder I bought which is of good quality (seen COA and looked, smelled and tasted it :D) will last to me 3 full months.

I have always heard recommendation of taking NAC 2 times a day. Now, considering 6h as a realistic half life, dosing twice daily is acceptable, 3/day would cover all the time without using expensive time release products.

#17 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

-- I'm not a big fan of DMAE, are you taking this for cognitive benefit? I'd try lecithin, standardized to a minimum of 35% Phosphatidlycholine.  I'm sure you can find someone who sells a bulk powder of it. Liverfriend.com maybe?

--I thought I read some bad stuff about Borage oil, but I can't remember what it was.
Cryptic yes, but something definitely left a imprint in my mind to stay away from it. Maybe it had something to do with prostate cancer?

--I'd be careful in taking 500mg quercetin with all that other stuff with lunch.

DMAE, no I'm taking it without scientific proof :D to improve skin elasticity and preserve lipofuscin deposits. My thread here:
http://www.imminst.o...&f=6&t=10424&s=
I havent come to a conclusion weather it could have benefits or not, but I'm not having any side effect, its quite cheap, and it goes well in the morning awakening cocktail.

Borage oil is the higher % GLA source (23% in the product i use). I take it to complement my pretty high EPA/DHA intake. And for skin inflamation. Same reason why I take pycnogenol. Sometimes I apply a little bit of borrage oil on the skin.

Quercetin, Actually I'm taking 250mg, but when i get a different product, its dosed in 500mg caps. I could use a different bioflavonoid. Suggestions? Possibly it has to prevent hyaluronidase.

#18 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

Things I'm considering:

I don't think you are supposed to "notice anything", at least in such short term.

True. But on avants someone told me that its underdosed in one of the two key components. So I discontinued it, planning to find a better alternative for AGE at a later time.
Maybe i should start a thread about this topic.

#19 U_N

• 47 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:27 AM

I will eventually break down costs, but I have to take into account shipping which is £8 for my monthly AOR order, £5 for my bi-monthly Solgar order, and lesser amounts for other stuff.

I look forward to seeing this.

#20 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

Costs breakdown. NOTE: Costs are in British Pounds. Conversion to USD makes little sense because supplements are generally more expensive in UK, but are AVAILABLE, unlike in most other EU countries.

Daily breakdown:
Methyl B12: 0.30
Milk Thistle: 0.08
Essential Mix: 0.83
Magnesium: 0.63
CEE: 0.33
NAC: 0.05
DMAE: 0.10 (note: after the current bottle i have a free 100g sample bottle :D)
B Complex: 0.13
Ester-C: 0.90 (too high for a cheap vitamin like this - I'm looking to get bulk magnesium aspartate and bioflavonoids)
Rhodiola: 0.18
Saw palmetto: 0.23
Beta-carotene: 0.08
Quercetin: (suspended)
Cat Claw: (suspended, doing cycles)
K-R-ALA: 0.35
Probiotics: 0.63
Digestive Enzymes: 0.54 (will be replaced with a cheaper product of similar ingredients)
Garlic: 0.23
Chrlorella: 0.10
Pycnogenol: 0.61 (doing cycles)
Fish Oil: 0.40
Hyaluronic Acid 0.50 (imported from USA)
Zinc: 0.39

Hydrolized Whey: 0.93
Micellar Casein Whey: 1.00
[These are both very expensive, but I have tried dozen brands and formulation and most ended in the trashbin. The above products are staples, and anyway its FOOD.)

Supplements total: 9.02
+Shipping: 0.60*
Total 9.62

(*)Monthly shipping:
Shipping from AOR: £8
Shipping from Solgar: £5
Shipping from other sources: £5
Daily breakdown of shipping costs: £0.60

Monthly total: £ 288.6

#21 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

25000 IU BEta Carotene (to be replaced by NOW Veggie Carotenoids)

jarrow's carotenall is better:

http://www.jarrow.co....php?prodid=287

#22 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:50 PM

Why do you think so?

NOW Veggie Carotenoids ingredients:
Beta-Carotene (as pro-Vitamin A 12 mg) 20,000 IU 400%
Alpha carotene (D. salina) 400 mcg †
Additional carotenoids from D. salina algae:
Xeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, Lycopene and Lutein)
lycopene and lutein
Lutein (Free-Form) (FloraGLO® Marigold Extract) 3 mg †
Lycopene (LYC-O-MATO® Natural Tomato Extract) 3 mg †
Broccoli concentrate (250 mcg sulforaphane) 250 mg †
Spinach concentrate (75 mcg lutein) 100 mg †
Tomato concentrate (140 mcg lycopene) 100 mg †
Kale powder 50 mg †
Cabbage powder 50 mg †
Brussels sprouts powder 50 mg

Vs. Jarrow Carotenall:
Posted Image

#23 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

BTW i have a problem sourcing either in EU and I'm switching to AOR Multi Basics 3, that has mixed carotenoinds in place of b-c finally.

I keep some b-c at hand for periods where I need to tan easily.

#24 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

Currently my supplement regimen is a bit different than the one posted in the first page (in bold the additions and in italic the changes in doses). This is a winter supplementation which includes emphasis on the immune system and some other changes summarized below:

-Replaced AOR Essential Mix with AOR Multi Basics 3, which has 2 noticeable advantages: mixed carotenoids in place of b-c and the addition of vitamin K2.
-Dropped Resveratrol. Not dropped: 1 scarce glass of red wine at lunch OR dinner.
-Changed magnesium type now that is finally available the much superior magnesium orotate.
-Slightly reduced the NAC intake (1000mg vs 1200).
-Amost Dropped digestive enzymes, since my digestion is doing much better after the summer.
-Added reishi and shitake mushrooms (Solgar)
-Added Dr Gillian McKeith Immune defence.
-Added IP6 for iron chelation.

Proteins supplementations and meal types are excluded from the list.

Morning
5mg methyl B12 (AOR)
500mg NAC (raw powder, Discount Supplements UK)
250mg DMAE (NOW Foods)
100mg Magnesium Orotate (AOR)
450mg Rhodiola Rosea (NOW Foods) (EOD)
20 drops Saw palmetto tincture
3 caps AOR Multi Basics 3
21mg Zinc methionine (3 caps, Bioforce)
2 caps AGE Amadori (AOR, finishing one bottle then stopping it again)

20 mins before Lunch
300mg Cat's claw root (Rio health)
1cap reishi shitake mushrooms (Solgar)
2 caps Immune Defence (Dr Gillian McKeith)
1 cap K-R-ALA (Designer Supplements)
1g IP6

30 mins after Lunch
1g Chlorella
1 Cap Udo's Super8 probiotics (alternated with Advanced Adult blend, 2 times a week)

Dinner
1000mg Ester-C+Bioflavonoids (Solgar)
2 teaspoons (=2.8g EPA+DHA) Omega-3 Oil lemon flavoured (NOW Foods)
half teaspoon Borage Oil
150mg Hyaluronic Acid (Jarrows, from Biocell Collagen II)
150mg Cat's clar root (Rio Health)

Night
500mg NAC (raw powder, Discount Supplements UK)

During the day:
Green Tea: 2 cups

#25 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:48 PM

Syr,

Do you know how big a molecule of Hyaluronic Acid is?

A much more efficient way of increasing natural Hyaluronic Acid production is taking N-acetyl-glucosamine.

Lynx

#26 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:29 AM

I know that the only formulation of HA that works orally is the one made by Biocell, which is the one i'm taking. And I can tell you visible differences on lips, skin and hair (particularly lips, you notice after 1-2 weeks).
Also, a 2 weeks loading phase is recommended.

Some supplements that inhibit hyaluronidase are also useful (like quercetin).

I could try NAG and compare, but I doubt is as much effective.

#27 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

syr, that's cool. I can't find the reference for NAG increasing HA levels anyway. I must have mixed up some abstracts in my head. I like NAG, I just can't wrap my head around the size of HA and oral consumption.

#28 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

There is something published on Biocell website. Pubmedding i found only one recent toxicity study, that basically says its safe:

PMID: 17030382 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

I also had read many anectodal references from a beauty website, where some women were discussing about the amazing "lip plump" effect they got using oral HA. Or they DIDNT when using a different HA source.

#29 goku

• 292 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

BTW i have a problem sourcing either in EU and I'm switching to AOR Multi Basics 3, that has mixed carotenoinds in place of b-c finally.

I keep some b-c at hand for periods where I need to tan easily.

Don't you just look orange and freaky? I didn't think carotinoids worked well for mimicking tanning.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#30 syr_

• Topic Starter
  • 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

No, if you dont megadose :)
But they protect from getting sunburn and make tanning quicker.

sponsored ad

• Advert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users