- - - - -

Centurion's Anti Aging Regimen

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

Before Breakfast

5g Glutamine Powder (schwartz labs, workout world)
2x Omega fish oil capsules containing per capsule:

alpha linolenic acid 200mg
Linoleic Acid 100 mg
Oleic Acid 100mg
Palmitic Acid 15mg
Stearic Acid 15mg
Vitamin E 10mg

After Breakfast

30g Reflex Instant Whey blended into a pint of skimmed milk
250mg Centrophenoxine
800mg Piracetam
1g Taurine
1g Arginine

After Lunch

2 Cups Green Tea
1x Omega Fish oil capsule
800mg Piracetam

Evening

1 Serving of Dymatize Xpand providing

4g creatine ehtyl ester malate & tricreatine malate combo
3g A-AKG
2g Betaine-Anhydrous
2g Micronized Taurine

3000mg "xpansion matrix" inc Glycocyamine, Clycoronolactone L-Citrulline, Guanidinopropolonic acid, MCTs, Vinpocetine, Vincamine Silicon Dioxide

On Workout days another serving post workout followed by 30g of Reflex Whey

BedTime

5g Glutamine
30g Reflex Instant Whey
3mg Melatonin
4 Cap Serving of iSatori ISA Test (more or less nothing more than ZMA and vit C, dont intend on repurchasing)

Also make occasional use of hydergine.
At the moment I get my piracetam and centrophenoxine from QHI, but im about to switch to relentless improvement, more or less everything else I get from high street stores as I dont like the idea of being beaten around the face with huge customs bills if I import via the net.

Currently I get the fish oil and amino acid tablets from Holland & Barrett, my protein from workout world and my creatine from a local chemist, if I can find good online suppliers which I can order from more cheaply with assurance of quality, without worrying too much about VAT or excise bills, perhaps I might even expand my regimen despite being a poor student.

Improvement suggestions for restructuring, dose alterations, or perhaps even the addition of some low cost, proven supplements are more then welcome guys! :)

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

what brand fishoil are you using?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

Im using vertese omega, got it from Holland & Barrett, heres a link for it, paid more or less the same price as the link:

http://www.yourhealt...oils_3_6_9.html

#4 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

I think you're supposed to take arginine on an empty stomach.

#5 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:48 AM

that fishoil contains DL-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate.... synthetic vitamin E... the universal marker for a low quality supplement.

i would defintly get yourself a COA from them.

#6 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:39 PM

Alright, its stack reorganising time so I can plan for my mid summer supplement purchase. I'm deciding to drop the use of hydergine as it has proven ineffective for me and while piracetam and centrophenoxine have produced no huge noticable effects, I have several months until the end of my current supply to properly assess their efficacy.

I will continue to take a good quality whey protein (considering AOR very seriously) and jarrow's 2 kilo of creatine for £30 at supplements plus is a deal I just can't turn down.

I need to find a good source of bulk taurine powder, preferably in Europe, ditto for Arginine and Glutamine.

Still undecided as to a good multi (ortho core? or is the expense unjustified?) and a good fatty acid supplement to keep the brain happy.

Any other relatively basic or core suggestions for my so called stack would be excellent.

Thanks once again gentlemen

#7 streety

• 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

I will continue to take a good quality whey protein (considering AOR very seriously) and jarrow's 2 kilo of creatine for £30 at supplements plus is a deal I just can't turn down.

I need to find a good source of bulk taurine powder, preferably in Europe, ditto for Arginine and Glutamine.

Still undecided as to a good multi (ortho core? or is the expense unjustified?) and a good fatty acid supplement to keep the brain happy.

Any other relatively basic or core suggestions for my so called stack would be excellent.

Thanks once again gentlemen

You might like to consider myprotein.co.uk for your bulk taurine, arginine and glutamine. I've only purchased whey protein powder and L-Glutamine from them but I've been happy with the company so far, their delivery time in particular has been excellent. Having said that I wouldn't buy their multivitamins or fatty acid supplements. If you haven't bought the 2 kilos of creatine yet you may be able to get a similar deal from myprotein.

Just to echo what biknut said, arginine absorption is supposedly limited so consuming it on an empty stomach may be best.

Incidentally if you do go with myprotein you can get 5% off if you use a referral code. My code is MP7725 if you want to use that or you can just grab one off their forum, quite a few of the members post their codes in their signatures as you receive 'MP points' which can be traded in for discounts equivalent to 5% of the first order of anyone who uses it.

#8 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

Some of their stuff is scarily cheap, seemingly too good to be true, such as £20 for a kilo of whey protein isolate???! Are you sure you can trust the quality of this crowd?

#9 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:51 PM

£3.50 for a kilo of maltodextrin!!!

#10 streety

• 33 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

They are cheap but personally I'm not too worried, if you have any concerns (and you think it is worth spending the time) send them an email. I've been in touch with them twice so far and both times quickly received back sufficiently detailed replies to answer my queries.

At the end of the day though if you have any concerns best to stay away, no point undoing all your good work for the sake of a few pounds.

#11 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:14 PM

Some of their stuff is scarily cheap, seemingly too good to be true, such as £20 for a kilo of whey protein isolate???! Are you sure you can trust the quality of this crowd?

Yes, good quality. but their shipping is expensive, out of UK.

#12 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:08 AM

Ok im putting together a post workout recovery drink at myprotein.co.uk (flavoured orange :p) to be taken alongside my protein after workout.

Per serving its going to read roughly along the lines of

30g maltodextrin (perhaps substituted for another carb source such as scottish oats)
5g dextrose
3g taurine
5g creatine monohydrate
5g glutamine
2g AAKG

What do you think?

#13 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

I seriously question just how effective dextrose/malto is for the majority of lifters. Same with whey.
By that, I mean how effective it is compared to other options.

#14 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:01 AM

What other options? Caseinate / Soy Protein etc?
I had considered Malto because its dirt cheap (£3 per kilo or so) but was also considering substituting it for Scottish prorridge oats which apparently has a lower GI

#15 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:11 AM

Other options being real food.

An actual meal 2-3 hours before training, followed by another after training. Maybe toss in BCAAs and some honey immediately pre-training.

If you take in dairy, skim milk is pretty damn good around training.

#16 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:40 PM

Ok im putting together a post workout recovery drink at myprotein.co.uk (flavoured orange :p) to be taken alongside my protein after workout.

Per serving its going to read roughly along the lines of

30g maltodextrin (perhaps substituted for another carb source such as scottish oats)
5g dextrose
3g taurine
5g creatine monohydrate
5g glutamine
2g AAKG

What do you think?

1. You need high glycemic carbs post-wo like maltodextrin. Save the oats for other meals.
2. AAKG is good pre-wo, post probably is worthless.
3. Add some vitamin C (0.5-1g), vitamin E (100 IU) and whey. Ratio should be 3:1 or 4:1 carb: proteins, so I would raise the maltodextrin to 45g and add 25g WPI.

#17 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

Other options being real food.

Yes, altough slower, real food is always good. I'm often hungry when I leave the gym and i have a meal, with high GI carbs :D

#18 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

An actual meal 2-3 hours before training, followed by another after training. Maybe toss in BCAAs and some honey immediately pre-training.

I suppose the "meal route" may be slightly better in longevity terms, based on current evidence. However, an insulin spiking whey protein/carb/vitamin shake is used most regularly by the body-building crowd. I have gotten good results bulking up a little muscle with a post workout shake.

#19 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

However, an insulin spiking whey protein/carb/vitamin shake is used most regularly by the body-building crowd.

We can take tons of different groups and look at what they most commonly use (or suggest). In my experience, it is very rarely what I would consider optimal.

#20 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:27 PM

I think what mind was driving at was that the definition of "optimal" differs from group to group. We all have different aims. To a muscle crazed bodybuilder, increased muscle mass is optimal, increased lifespan is not. Yet to most of us, an increased lifespan would be considered the higher priority.

#21 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

I'm not really even talking about from a LE perspective. Specifically for bodybuilding, I wouldn't use the common suggestions.

#22 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

Are you still taking Dymatize? Because I've read a couple things about Glycocyamine that would lead me to believe you would not want to touch the stuff.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#23 Centurion

• Topic Starter
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

I didn't bother to renew the dymatise thing instead. Got myself a kilo of one third creatine, one third glutamine one third taurine mix from myprotein. My supplement regimen is more or less non existant these days. I take my multi and omegas, post workout drink and protein. I have the occasional piracetam and centro with my coffee if im feeling foggy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users