brain intelligence

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pour_la_Science

• 128 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:20 AM

Apparently, scientists say no:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3950413/

But probably scientists haven't tested *all* the methods used to (let's imagine) increase your IQ: What about learning to use both sides of your brain with learning guitar with the left hand (for a right-handed person)? What about increasing the number of your social relationship? What about changing job to put yourself in a challenging situation?  etc...

True, only neurons in the brain center of memory can be renewed: it's different from the muscle for example where you can increase your muscle mass and then your power. So there's no scientific theory which could allow your own IQ to increase.

What's your opinion on this?

#2 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:00 PM

It has been shown that half of all scientific studies can't be replicated so I now take everything with a grain of salt.

That paper isn't even a study, it is an opinion piece with references to papers that support the author's position.  I highly suspect you can professionals in the field with the opposite opinion that can also cite papers that support their position.

So a paper of that nature doesn't sway me much one way or the other.  What would be interesting would be a debate between knowledgeable people on each side of the issue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,131 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:44 AM

Yes 5-10 points.  And it takes some level of consistency, lifestyle changes.  And some caution helps too, the way this lot thinks.

#4 Tobeornottobe

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

Increase your IQ here:   https://freebiohacks.blogspot.com/                  This is HA-FGL serious information for Alzheimers disease and implications are profound.  

#5 Gal220

• 168 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:55 PM

Self hacked has a page up for it, "How to increase IQ" - Link

Juggling, Musical instruments, word study/languages, reading, frequent movement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 rodentman

• 152 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:15 PM

I think there have been studies on identical twins separated at birth that show there is a little bit of 'wiggle-room', and that lifestyle, especially during formative years can either increase or decrease IQ.  But it's not a huge amount, something like +- 4 points.  But I suppose an 8 point swing could have a huge affect on someone's future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain, intelligence

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users