Evidence shows nCoV is likely man-made by Wuhan lab

coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#181 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2022 - 08:15 PM

Spontaneous Coronavirus mutations have arisen worldwide that are extremely similar in humans.

Identical Geographically separated (isolated from eachother) mutations in the COVID virus have occurred during the pandemic.

Coronaviridae are endemic in BATS WORLDWIDE.

It is reasonable to assume the repetition of previously observed viral processes.

It is more reasonable to assume natural processes are responsible than to assume human action.

I see you ignore the FACT to that your "cleavage boogeyman" is actually a common natural occurrence in coronaviruses.

So coronaviruses are specifically and extensively manipulated at WIV, Fauci funded WIV for this exact project via EHA, the epicenter of the pandemic is clearly at Wuhan and you go around with a theoretical 1 in a trillion "natural" event to explain away the situation?

Bro, give it up. Nobody is buying it.

• Agree x 5
  • Cheerful x 1

#182 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2022 - 09:42 PM

Also, I would like to point out to sensei that there is no need to speculate if genetic analysis of variants could shed light on their lineages -- or indeed confirm that variant X arose independently.  There must be such studies. What do they show?

The other point that has not been mentioned re furin cleavage site: the coronaviruses that do have it do not belong to the genus of betacoronaviruses to to which cars-cov2 belongs. That is, sars-cov2 is the only one in its genus to have this sequence in the crucial position which in fact makes it "gain of function".

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1

#183 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2022 - 11:14 PM

The other point that has not been mentioned re furin cleavage site: the coronaviruses that do have it do not belong to the genus of betacoronaviruses to to which cars-cov2 belongs. That is, sars-cov2 is the only one in its genus to have this sequence in the crucial position which in fact makes it "gain of function".

Sorry, I meant to say that sars-cov2   is the only in its subgenus  Sabercovirus to have this furin site

SARS-CoV-2 is the only virus in subgenus Sarbecovirus having this feature, while even its closest relatives, bat coronavirus RaTG13  and pangolin coronaviruses, do not have furin site.

https://www.scienced...873506120304165

Edited by xEva, 17 February 2022 - 11:15 PM.

• Informative x 3

#184 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 12:07 AM

From the Feb 21, 2022 edition of Frontiers in Virology:

"Among numerous point mutation differences between the SARS-CoV-2 and the bat RaTG13 coronavirus, only the 12-nucleotide furin cleavage site (FCS) exceeds 3 nucleotides. A BLAST search revealed that a 19 nucleotide portion of the SARS.Cov2 genome encompassing the furin cleavage site is a 100% complementary match to a codon-optimized proprietary sequence that is the reverse complement of the human mutS homolog (MSH3). The reverse complement sequence present in SARS-CoV-2 may occur randomly but other possibilities must be considered.

The absence of CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG from any eukaryotic or viral genome in the BLAST database makes recombination in an intermediate host an unlikely explanation for its presence in SARS-CoV-2.

In any case, the presence of the 19-nucleotide long RNA sequence including the FCS with 100% identity to the reverse complement of the MSH3 mRNA is highly unusual and requires further investigations."

Some background for anyone not familiar with the lingo:

“Codon-optimized” means that codons that encode the furin cleavage site are those which would be chosen by a genetic engineer for optimal expression in human cells.

“Proprietary sequence” refers to the fact that this exact sequence had been disclosed in Patent 9,587,003  and nowhere else until it was found in SARS-CoV-2. The patent is owned by Moderna.

What a coincidence!

• Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#185 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 06:06 AM

The plot thickens!  Here's your latest deep dive into lab leak from Dr Chris Martenson:

This starts out slow, but gets truly juicy for those who are patient.  I was going to re-view and mark some edit points, but if you're too lazy to devote a little time to this, you're probably not that interested anyway.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 24 February 2022 - 06:07 AM.

• Informative x 2

#186 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 11:00 PM

The plot thickens!  Here's your latest deep dive into lab leak from Dr Chris Martenson:

This starts out slow, but gets truly juicy for those who are patient.  I was going to re-view and mark some edit points, but if you're too lazy to devote a little time to this, you're probably not that interested anyway.  

1. 8:00, NIH refuses to release information about their funding of research at WUHAN, redacting 292 pages during a document release.

2. 20:00 NIH was funding Wuhan AND Chinese Institute of Pathology.

3. 21:00 The Lancet team investigating the "origins" of COVID-19 were mostly the same people involved in the research at Wuhan. Talk about conflict of interest.

4. 24:00 There were no COV pandemic viruses before 2000, when researchers first started manipulating coronaviruses to become more infectious and deadly.

5. 27:00 Discussion of the DARPA DEFUSE proposal to infect humanized mice with chimeric coronaviruses - by adding furin cleavage sites (this is the proposal that DARPA rejected because it violated international bioweapon agreements/laws.)

6. 32:00 The only evidence of the genetic sequence of the furin cleavage site is from a patent belonging to Moderna (2016  patent)

7. 38:00 The NIH still has no guidelines for early treatment of COVID, even though there is plenty of evidence supporting many supplements and safe therapeutics as being beneficial

• like x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#187 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for doing my homework for me Mind!  

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#188 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 03:14 PM

5. 27:00 Discussion of the DARPA DEFUSE proposal to infect humanized mice with chimeric coronaviruses - by adding furin cleavage sites (this is the proposal that DARPA rejected because it violated international bioweapon agreements/laws.)

This part is especially relevant to this forum. The grant proposal to do gain-of-function research specifically planned to involve introduction of a furin cleavage site. The whole “lots of viruses have furin cleavage sites” was a talking point deliberately meant to distract people away from the clearly unusual furin cleavage site in SARS-Cov2. This was propaganda disseminated by individuals many people would like to believe are high-minded idealistic scientists and/or government experts who should be trusted.

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 1

#189 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 26 February 2022 - 07:04 PM

From the Feb 21, 2022 edition of Frontiers in Virology:

"Among numerous point mutation differences between the SARS-CoV-2 and the bat RaTG13 coronavirus, only the 12-nucleotide furin cleavage site (FCS) exceeds 3 nucleotides. A BLAST search revealed that a 19 nucleotide portion of the SARS.Cov2 genome encompassing the furin cleavage site is a 100% complementary match to a codon-optimized proprietary sequence that is the reverse complement of the human mutS homolog (MSH3). The reverse complement sequence present in SARS-CoV-2 may occur randomly but other possibilities must be considered.

The absence of CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG from any eukaryotic or viral genome in the BLAST database makes recombination in an intermediate host an unlikely explanation for its presence in SARS-CoV-2.

In any case, the presence of the 19-nucleotide long RNA sequence including the FCS with 100% identity to the reverse complement of the MSH3 mRNA is highly unusual and requires further investigations."

Some background for anyone not familiar with the lingo:

“Codon-optimized” means that codons that encode the furin cleavage site are those which would be chosen by a genetic engineer for optimal expression in human cells.

“Proprietary sequence” refers to the fact that this exact sequence had been disclosed in Patent 9,587,003  and nowhere else until it was found in SARS-CoV-2. The patent is owned by Moderna.

What a coincidence!

"The absence of CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG from any eukaryotic or viral genome in the BLAST database " - Incorrect!

I've been doing BLAST searches my entire career, was doing them yesterday for the consulting project I am working on,  and sometimes you see weird coincidences but it is not exactly a smoking gun. I've seen all sorts of weirdly head-scratching things while blasting sequences and this is especially true when you search with short sequences like this one.  

For those who don't know BLAST is a tool that allows one to search the public DNA and protein database at NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information at the NIH). Anyone can use it. Anyone interested in using it will need a tutorial to learn the ins and outs. The tool portal is here:

https://blast.ncbi.n...h.gov/Blast.cgi

Let's try BLASTing the  "CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG" sequence to see what we find. 

First I just BLASTed against everything in the database. Screenshot of the results are Figure1.1 and Figure 1.2. Nothing surprising here. The program will show the strongest hits and all of the top hits are in SARS virus. 

You can set the database to search for specific subsets of sequences. For example cow or yeast or apple or all animals or whatever your inquisitive mind desires. 

Let's search the sequence setting the database to animals. Screenshot of the results are Figure2.1 and Figure 2.2. There are two exact (100% identical) matches to this database. Both are sequences from seabirds. Maybe Fauci had a secret program to make killer Chimney Swifts. If you search Bacteria there are exact hits a Mycobacterium and other bacteria and also the fish pathogen Saprolegnia. You can also search the patent database which came up with SARS related patents. The fact that it's in that sequence from the Moderna patent is weird but If I had to bet $$$ I would say it's chance. If you really go hunting for them you can find weird coincidences like this when doing BLAST searching.

Attached Files

Edited by geo12the, 26 February 2022 - 07:10 PM.

• WellResearched x 1

#190 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 04:09 AM

"The absence of CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG from any eukaryotic or viral genome in the BLAST database " - Incorrect!

Let's search the sequence setting the database to animals. Screenshot of the results are Figure2.1 and Figure 2.2. There are two exact (100% identical) matches to this database. Both are sequences from seabirds. Maybe Fauci had a secret program to make killer Chimney Swifts. If you search Bacteria there are exact hits a Mycobacterium and other bacteria and also the fish pathogen Saprolegnia. You can also search the patent database which came up with SARS related patents. The fact that it's in that sequence from the Moderna patent is weird but If I had to bet $$$ I would say it's chance. If you really go hunting for them you can find weird coincidences like this when doing BLAST searching.

I did a BLAST search limited to eukaryotes and there were 3 hits with 100% match over the full length. One was from Saprolegnia, a protozoan, 2 were from the sea birds found by geo12the. Based on the combined results, it looks like “The absence of CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG from any eukaryotic or viral genome in the BLAST database” is incorrect.

Geo12the is right to mock the notion that “Fauci had a secret program to make killer Chimney Swifts”, but the absurdity of that notion does not support the conclusion that he seems to think. Of course nobody would have a rational reason to pull a short sequence from these organisms and put it into a bat virus genome. But then, what natural process would bring a bat virus in contact with these genomes to enable recombination and arrive at SARS-Cov2? So even though the sequence can be found by chance in some organisms, I think the conclusion “recombination in an intermediate host an unlikely explanation for its presence in SARS-CoV-2” still stands.

I agree that the presence of the 19 base sequence in the Moderna patent may not be all that significant. SARS-Cov2 differs from its nearest relative by the insertion of the four amino acids that make up the furin site; the flanking amino acids on both sides are identical (see Fig. 1 at https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7095063/ ) . So, the 12 nucleotides that encode the furin cleavage sequence are within the 19 base sequence, the other nucleotides that make up the 19 bases were present in the bat virus. Therefore one has to account for the introduction of 12 bases , not 19. Those 12 bases had to come from somewhere and they just happened to land at the boundary of the S1 and S2 domains. Given that we know that people were contemplating the introduction of a furin cleavage site (the grant proposal), and the codons happened to coincide with those that would be picked from the human codon optimization tables, deliberate engineering seems more likely than chance selection in the wild.

• Well Written x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#191 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:09 PM

I did a BLAST search limited to eukaryotes and there were 3 hits with 100% match over the full length. One was from Saprolegnia, a protozoan, 2 were from the sea birds found by geo12the. Based on the combined results, it looks like “The absence of CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG from any eukaryotic or viral genome in the BLAST database” is incorrect.

Geo12the is right to mock the notion that “Fauci had a secret program to make killer Chimney Swifts”, but the absurdity of that notion does not support the conclusion that he seems to think. Of course nobody would have a rational reason to pull a short sequence from these organisms and put it into a bat virus genome. But then, what natural process would bring a bat virus in contact with these genomes to enable recombination and arrive at SARS-Cov2? So even though the sequence can be found by chance in some organisms, I think the conclusion “recombination in an intermediate host an unlikely explanation for its presence in SARS-CoV-2” still stands.

I agree that the presence of the 19 base sequence in the Moderna patent may not be all that significant. SARS-Cov2 differs from its nearest relative by the insertion of the four amino acids that make up the furin site; the flanking amino acids on both sides are identical (see Fig. 1 at https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7095063/ ) . So, the 12 nucleotides that encode the furin cleavage sequence are within the 19 base sequence, the other nucleotides that make up the 19 bases were present in the bat virus. Therefore one has to account for the introduction of 12 bases , not 19. Those 12 bases had to come from somewhere and they just happened to land at the boundary of the S1 and S2 domains. Given that we know that people were contemplating the introduction of a furin cleavage site (the grant proposal), and the codons happened to coincide with those that would be picked from the human codon optimization tables, deliberate engineering seems more likely than chance selection in the wild.

When you compare sequences from closely related organisms you can see all kinds of changes -deletions, insertions, etc. I don't find a 12 base pair insertion into a coding sequence that unusual that I would hypothesize it's more likely to have been deliberately engineered vs. just happened by natural mutation processes. This paper looks at the cleave site in related viruses. I underlined the key sentences in one of the results sections. First as we have already established here:  "SARS-CoV-2 is the only virus in subgenus Sarbecovirus having this feature, while even its closest relatives, bat coronavirus RaTG13 (sequence identity 97.7%) and pangolin coronaviruses (92.9%–90.7%), do not have furin site" . But there is a related virus (belongs to a siter clade) that does although no other viruses in the clade do:  "However, in Hibecovirus, the sister clade of Sarbecovirus, a Hipposideros bat coronavirus collected in 2013 at Zhejiang Province in China has furin site at S1/S2. Interestingly, the other member in Hibecovirus lacks such site, similar to the situation of SARS-CoV-2 and its close relatives."

My personal view: From the beginning I have been been uncertain if SARS-CoV-2 escaped from a lab by accident or came from nature. If you asked me now to bet $1 million dollars if it is natural origin or lab escape I would be on the fence, but if forced to choose I would bet natural origin. But I am afraid we will never know for certain. I have worked in enough labs to know that some lab workers are meticulous about safety issues while others may be caviler and/or sloppy. And sterile hoods have leaks and are much less foolproof than people imagine. And the Chinese government has a record at covering up embarrassing things. So while I think the origin probably was natural I would not be surprised if it was an accidental release that was covered up. 

"We mapped the furin recognition motif RXXR at both S1/S2 and S2′ positions in phylogenetic trees of spike protein sequences (Fig. 3Fig. 4Fig. 5 and S2, S3). In the Sarbecovirus + Hibecovirus + Nobecovirus clade (Fig. 3), furin cleavage sites at either position occur only in limited ranges. Strains of SARS-CoV-2 (we also added sequences from the GISAID database) have furin cleavage sites at spike S1/S2. Moreover, SARS-CoV-2 is the only virus in subgenus Sarbecovirus having this feature, while even its closest relatives, bat coronavirus RaTG13 (sequence identity 97.7%) and pangolin coronaviruses (92.9%–90.7%), do not have furin site. However, in Hibecovirus, the sister clade of Sarbecovirus, a Hipposideros bat coronavirus collected in 2013 at Zhejiang Province in China has furin site at S1/S2. Interestingly, the other member in Hibecovirus lacks such site, similar to the situation of SARS-CoV-2 and its close relatives. The SARS-CoV-2 strains and Hipposideros bat coronavirus (Zhejiang 2013) are not sister groups, in agreement with the distinct sequence patterns of their furin cleavage sites at spike S1/S2 (Fig. 6A). Besides, two strains of bat coronavirus HKU9, belonging to Nobecovirus, are the only members in the Sarbecovirus + Hibecovirus + Nobecovirus clade having furin cleavage site at spike S2′."

Edited by geo12the, 27 February 2022 - 06:17 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#192 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:24 PM

But I am afraid we will never know for certain. I have worked in enough labs to know that some lab workers are meticulous about safety issues while others may be caviler and/or sloppy. And sterile hoods have leaks and are much less foolproof than people imagine. And the Chinese government has a record at covering up embarrassing things. ... I would not be surprised if it was an accidental release that was covered up. 

Agreed, with caveat that it might be possible for a whistleblower to come forward, or lab records can be uncovered. Still, the fact that introduction of a furin site was contemplated ahead of time is mighty suspicious. The parties involved are sure acting as if they have something to hide.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#193 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2022 - 03:00 AM

lol 

Russell Brand
The Story Changes Again

all is left is to laugh about this. Or should we feel insulted? I mean, how stupid do they think we are?

• Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#194 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 10:08 PM

The NIH previously deleted any "gain of function" terminology from their website after Dr. Fauci lied to congress. Now it has been found out that the NIH deleted information from the WUHAN lab about SARS-COV2 sequencing from their website as well.

If the virus truly came from a natural origin, there would be no need to cover anything up. Some people are acting guilty.

• Good Point x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#195 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 03:18 PM

Hot off the press: Dr. Fauci SILENCED all Wuhan lab leak theories after being schmoozed by gain-of-function researcher Peter Daszak whose controversial bat experiments may have sparked the pandemic

https://www.dailymai...researcher.html

• Investigators allege Dr. Anthony Fauci silenced any discussion about COVID being caused by a lab leak - and not through animal-to-human transmission
  • Fauci also helped a controversial scientist get millions in federal funding to study bats, Vanity Fair researchers who analyzed more than 100,000 documents claim
  • They also allege NIH funds may have contributed to the development of the COVID-19, if it was indeed created at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China
  • The investigators also claim Daszak and researchers in Wuhan tried to hide evidence about the pandemic’s early spread 
  • The VF report accuses Daszak of 'presenting the lab-leak hypothesis as a groundless and destructive conspiracy theory' 
  • The reports also says Fauci contributed to that narrative, citing an instance in 2020 when he reaffirmed a theory of natural spread from animals to humans 
  • Although the report is not conclusive in how COVID originated, it does provide evidence that Daszak's research was 'risky' and possibly connected

America's coronavirus tsar, Dr. Anthony Fauci, silenced any discussion about COVID being caused by a lab leak - and not through animal-to-human transmission - after helping a controversial scientist get millions in federal funding to study bats, a Vanity Fair investigation has revealed.

Analyzing more than 100,000 leaked documents, the magazine claimed that Fauci's approval of Peter Daszak helped his nonprofit, EcoHealth Alliance, an organization dedicated to shielding society from emerging infectious diseases, to develop the COVID-19 virus in a laboratory in China.

They also claim researchers associated with the Wuhan Institute of Virology, including Daszak, tried to hide evidence about the pandemic’s early spread as lab leak hypotheses began to emerge.

• Informative x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#196 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 04:42 PM

A lot of experts in the field suggested a lab leak from the beginning, based upon solid evidence.

We now know that the Defense Dept. thought the lab-leak was the most likely scenario.

We now know that Fauci, Daszak, and a few other leaders went on the offensive to squelch any discussion of a lab-leak.

We now know that the State Dept. also thought the the lab leak was a highly likely scenario.

Why were a handful of people in the U.S. government trying to shut down the idea of a lab-leak, when they knew it was the most likely scenario? It looks very suspicious. More suspicious everyday.

• Agree x 3
  • Informative x 1

#197 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 09:49 PM

More mainstream media outlets are giving up on the very slim odds that SARS-COV2 arose naturally. The Hill compiles massive circumstantial evidence that points to a lab leak and gain-of-function research funded primarily by the U.S. (Ecohealth and Google...and covered up by the Fauci, Collins, Daszak nexus) 

• Informative x 2

#198 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 08:26 PM

More mainstream media outlets are giving up on the very slim odds that SARS-COV2 arose naturally. The Hill compiles massive circumstantial evidence that points to a lab leak and gain-of-function research funded primarily by the U.S. (Ecohealth and Google...and covered up by the Fauci, Collins, Daszak nexus)

If The Hill and Vanity Fair now believe the lab leak theory plausible and even perhaps likely and that Fauci and Collins et. al. tried to suppress evidence to that effect then the jig is truly up.

The Hill is well known as one of the most politically neutral papers remaining in the US and Vanity Fair leans decidedly left.

Media Bias Fact Check: The Hill

Media Bias Fact Check: Vanity Fair

Keep in mind what you just heard in that report from The Hill would have been more than sufficient to get you kicked off every major social media platform well into the beginning of last year. It was only after the conclusion of the US 2020 elections that the iron curtain on discussing the lab leak theory began to be lifted.

This is why censorship is such a terrible idea. Whether or not this virus escaped from the Wuhan lab is important. If it did some things need to change in how this research is conducted, otherwise we may be looking at another and potentially worse pandemic in the future. We simply can't make these important decisions if the people (not just the elites) are not allowed to talk about them.

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 14 April 2022 - 08:35 PM.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#199 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 05:59 PM

More attempts trying to delete all information about research related to the Wuhan Lab - IN THE U.S.!!

All of the data should be preserved and analyzed. Deleting all of the data makes it look even more like something criminal was afoot.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#200 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 09:54 AM

WHO is now "investigating" the possibility of a lab leak for SARS-COV2.

2.5 years too late - after so many other people pointed out all the valid evidence of a lab leak - and were figuratively hunted down and destroyed in the public square.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#201 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 02:31 PM

WHO is now "investigating" the possibility of a lab leak for SARS-COV2.

2.5 years too late - after so many other people pointed out all the valid evidence of a lab leak - and were figuratively hunted down and destroyed in the public square.

The WHO seems to be thoroughly in the back pocket of the CCP. Even if there is anything left to find at this late date (very unlikely) I can't image it will ever see the light of day.

My prediction is that this will be a final "Yep, this was totally natural - some bat had sex with a pangolin. Go figure."

• Agree x 3
  • Cheerful x 1

#202 Hip

• 2,396 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:44 PM

One thing that indicates COVID was made in by the Chinese is the fact that this deadly virus "fell apart" after a year or so, turning into a less deadly infection.

Anything you buy from China on eBay tends to fall apart after a year, so this is incontrovertible evidence that COVID was manufactured by the Chinese!

I am joking of course (in case there are people here who cannot tell).

Edited by Hip, 15 June 2022 - 02:44 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#203 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 06:22 AM

Don't tell anyone, but...

https://www.dailymai...ident-2019.html

WHO chief 'believes Covid DID leak from Wuhan lab' after a 'catastrophic accident' in 2019 despite publicly maintaining 'all hypotheses remain on the table'

The head of the World Health Organisation privately believes the Covid pandemic started following a leak from a Chinese laboratory, a senior Government source claims.

While publicly the group maintains that ‘all hypotheses remain on the table’ about the origins of Covid, the source said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organisation (WHO), had recently confided to a senior European politician that the most likely explanation was a catastrophic accident at a laboratory in Wuhan, where infections first spread during late 2019.

The Mail on Sunday first revealed concerns within Western intelligence services about the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where scientists were manipulating coronaviruses sampled from bats in caves nearly 1,000 miles away – the same caves where Covid-19 is suspected to have originated – in April 2020. The worldwide death toll from the Covid pandemic is now estimated to have hit more than 18 million.

--------------------------

Oh well...  Better luck next time guys.  

• Informative x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 2

#204 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 06:18 PM

Instead of having reasoned and transparent debate about where the COVID virus came from, and how to handle the incident, we had boiling hatred and rage against anyone who said "wait a minute, lets think this over a bit". There was a scorched-earth policy to destroy anyone who asked questions. It was an awful period for open scientific inquiry and probably led to a lot more death and suffering than needed to be.

As it turns out Dr. Birx was absolutely convinced from the beginning that SARS-CoV2 emerged from the Wuhan lab. Why did she not speak publicly about it?

Leading health bureaucrats need to be fired and investigated.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#205 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 July 2022 - 09:22 PM

A paper from four months ago by Italian researchers, once again suggesting that Italy was the source --

Waiting for the truth: is reluctance in accepting an early origin hypothesis for SARS-CoV-2 delaying our understanding of viral emergence?

From the very beginning, it was clear that sustained viral spread started in Lombardy weeks before the first detection of the virus in the Codogno case. Indeed, the estimated net reproduction number had been above the epidemic threshold since late January 2020 and contact tracing demonstrated ongoing transmission throughout January 2020.19 20 A study performed later by the Italian National Institute of Health demonstrated that the virus was circulating in Milan (Lombardy) and Turin (Piedmont) by the end of 2019 in sufficient numbers to allow the detection of viral RNA in sewage water samples collected on 18 December 2019.21 Finally, several studies performed independently by different groups demonstrated the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 in blood samples since September 2019 22–24 and of viral RNA in clinical samples collected from patients with cutaneous manifestations (dermatosis and measles-like rash) as early as 12 September 2019.24–26

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Informative x 1

#206 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 09:50 PM

A paper from four months ago by Italian researchers, once again suggesting that Italy was the source --

I have read (sorry, forgot the source) that the Italian connection regarding the early SARS-2 virus detection there might have been caused by the large amount of traffic of workers from China to the Italian fashion/garment centers.  

https://ww.fashionne...ers,377237.html

Made in Italy, by Chinese workers

"As many as 50,000 Chinese live and work in the area, making clothes bearing the prized "Made in Italy" label which sets them apart from garments produced in China itself, even at the lower end of the fashion business."

-------------------

Don't know how many tend to fly back & forth, but it is possible the origin was in China, and transient workers brought it to Italy earlier than was previously thought.   

Have they documented bats in Italy that are known to have coronavirus?  It's fairly well documented there is a bat connection, no?  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 18 July 2022 - 09:52 PM.

• Good Point x 2

#207 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:02 PM

The first (retrospective) finding of covid19 in Wuhan was found days after the Wuhan Fashion week, which attracted large numbers from Northern Italy. That's the center of the textile industry there and also the region where bat eating was historically practiced, and where infections were found retrospectively that predated the discovery in China. Bat diseases in that part of Italy had been studied years before. From 2013--Detection of Coronaviruses in Bats of Various Species in Italy

• Ill informed x 1

#208 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 10:37 PM

There is a various evidence of an outbreak in China in September of 2019, plus the virus was detected in a human sewage sample in Spain in March of 2019.

Still there are multiple lines of evidence that it was created in Wuhan.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#209 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:26 AM

But for the "Out of Italy" theory to make any sense you would have to have initial infections from Italy to Wuhan but no infections from Italy to anywhere else.

Because when the Western countries started doing contact tracing of infections in their country, they all lead back to Wuhan.

I'm not saying it's impossible that this is what happened, it's just highly unlikely.

When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras. Usually the simplest answer is correct.

• Good Point x 1

#210 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:30 AM

But for the "Out of Italy" theory to make any sense you would have to have initial infections from Italy to Wuhan but no infections from Italy to anywhere else.

Because when the Western countries started doing contact tracing of infections in their country, they all lead back to Wuhan.

I'm not saying it's impossible that this is what happened, it's just highly unlikely.

When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras. Usually the simplest answer is correct.

Plenty of infections in Spain. Europe got hit hard and hit early. A lot of noise about China, but the infection rate was extremely low, as it was throughout SE Asia. Blaming China appears purely political. 

• Ill informed x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users