• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Will artichoke extracts containing either cynarins or caffeoylquinic acids work for CILTEP?

ciltep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reckful

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

I'm interesting in trying out the CILTEP stack and am just missing out on the Arthicoke extract. I see some extracts standardized to Cynarins and some standardized to caffeoylquinic acids. Does it matter for which compound the extract is standardized for CILTEP?

Edit: Just noticed i posted this in the wrong forum, sorry. Can't find an option to delete or move this post.

Edited by reckful, 07 June 2020 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

The artichoke stack works by being a PDE inhibitor.  Look what in artichoke is a PDEi; you will then have your answer.  I don't know it on top of my head but google will tell you

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 reckful

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

The inhibitor seems to be luteolin. Oddly enough, i haven't seen any commercial premade CILTEP stacks that use an artichoke extract standardized for luteolin. Even the Natural Stacks CILTEP recommended by Abelard uses Artichoke extract standardized to cynarin, not luteolin.

#4 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:45 PM

You can also buy pure luteolin which I would advocate towards. You know exactly how much you are taking in every dose. It wont vary. 

However, keep in mind that luteolin is a progesterone antagonist.  If you take it for long enough then you will get anxiety.  A quick search on longecity will show this.  I don't know too much about this so its up to your discretion and research. 

I know they're other PDE inhibitors. Its up to you which one you want to use.  Perhaps even a cycle of them might be good =)

I also recommend upregulating your D1 receptors as forskolin down regulates them. You can do this with ALCAR or sulbutiamine.  You should pay attention this every couple of weeks or so. 

Edited by Rorororo, 07 June 2020 - 05:05 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 pamojja

• 2,827 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:07 AM

The inhibitor seems to be luteolin. Oddly enough, i haven't seen any commercial premade CILTEP stacks that use an artichoke extract standardized for luteolin. Even the Natural Stacks CILTEP recommended by Abelard uses Artichoke extract standardized to cynarin, not luteolin.

Raw globe artichoke heads according to PhenolExplorer contain about 42.1mg/100 FW luteolin. Would an extract of artichoke standardized to cynarins contain even any luteolin?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ciltep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users