Depression Manifesting During NSI-189 Cycle

nsi-189 depression anxiety

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Laika

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:15 PM

The short version of my issue is that I began my first NSI 189 cycle 10 days ago at 40 mg/day using a product purchased from science.bio. I have not experienced any effects that I can confidently decipher from placebo. I began to experience my typical depression symptoms (stuck in a rut/low mood/very irritable)--symptoms that I was hoping to treat with NSI-189. I've read in some places that NSI can take roughly a month to take effect. I've read in other places that you should be able to feel NSI "work its magic" within the first week. Should I continue dosing?

---

Long version: I've been experiencing depression symptoms for as long as I can remember, and as long as I can remember, I've tried to escape those symptoms using various psychoactive substances. I used to blame myself for my drug use but I can now see that there has always been a reason for it. I thought that I was filling a hole (an unmet need) with the drug use and worked hard to make sure that my life is complete. I am in a loving, caring relationship, have an active social life, a meaningful career that fills me with purpose, meaningful goals, and daily, vigorous exercise. Yet, my happiest moments are the moments leading up to and right before I try a potential new psychoactive. Or researching potential "life-enhancing" supplements. Is taking drugs my hobby? Maybe--I'm sure many can relate to that. If it was, I'd be OK with that. But I think it's more plausible that those moments are so happy because they are filled with hope that there really is something out there that can relieve the cognitive symptoms that plague my life.

The symptoms:

- Irrational irritability (Why am I so frustrated with my girlfriend/dad/etc? He/she hasn't done anything wrong...)

- Sense that life is a tedious routine

- Feeling like I'm stuck in a rut

- Desire to escape (I have healthy and unhealthy escape habits)

- General malaise/anxiety (it feels relatively constant)

- ADHD-PI diagnosis (I was 5 so who knows)

Though the general anxiety seems constant, it's tolerable until I get to a point in the month where my life feels like one tedious routine. That is when the irritability kicks in and when I like to stay in bed in a dark room.

What helps:

- socializing

- exercise

- maintaining healthy contact with loved ones

- a healthy diet

- hiking

- going outside in general

- kratom (I know it has a bad rap on here but it really does help me to a certain extent and I'm grateful to have it in my life. I use it daily at about 5 grams/day)

- talk therapy (weekly--sometimes twice a week--for the past 3 years)

On the topic of therapy, I was physically abused growing up by my dad. Nothing too out of the ordinary, after a few years of therapy, I can confidently say that it was traumatic enough to scar me. I've been untangling my drug use, my history of abuse, my struggles with my personal relationships, etc and I've made a lot of progress. I think I'm at the point where I'm understanding that I shouldn't have to suffer through these symptoms for the rest of my life. Something is not entirely right with my psychological disposition and I'm hoping that I can get it fixed without a commercial, pharmaceutical depression drug like an SSRI because my impression is that they often make things more complicated and worse. 

I have lithium orotate from Amazon arriving this week that I feel fairly optimistic about. However, I don't want to mix that with the NSI because, if symptoms start to improve, I want to know what exactly is helping. 

Thanks for reading. I know all the information might not be necessary, but it felt good to have a chance to write it all out and hopefully it gives you a better understanding of the changes I want to make in my life.

#2 Laika

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

Update: I stopped taking NSI-189 and the acute depression symptoms also stopped. A few things to note: I was not waking up depressed. The symptoms seem to manifest after taking NSI. The depressive symptoms I experienced after taking NSI didn't seem altogether the same as my typical depression symptoms but didn't seem that far out of the ordinary either.

As someone who is prone to anxiety/depression, I'm sure I will soon be visited once again by my typical depression symptoms. My next treatment will likely be lithium orotate. I'm also considering SAMe, which I find to be pretty expensive as far as supplements go. Maybe curcumin. I've also read really good things about Saint Johns-Wort for depression

As I write this, it's becoming clear that I'm going about this backwards. I should probably be starting out with most natural and research supported substances first and then going to more experimental. A more rational progression probably would have been curcumin -> SJW -> SAMe -> Lithium Orotate -> NSI. Instead, it seems that I'm going about this backwards. I guess this reflection speaks to a lack of patience on my part. I have some curcumin... Maybe I can turn this around a bit. I'm just not too optimistic about the effects of something as ubiquitous as curcumin and I don't want to wait to find something that treats my symptoms.

This might become a log. I wonder if there is any way I can change the topic title.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Laika

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:02 AM

My mood has been fairly stable since discontinuing NSI-189. Started feeling very low and irritable yesterday evening. This was strange because I had a very special summer hike and swim in a mountaintop lake planned with my S.O. for today and I was excited about it. Usually, having something to look forward to is helpful in abating depressive episodes for me.

About 1 hour before bed last night, I took 2.5 mg Lithium Orotate. I felt a bit blase immediately after--I'm sure it was placebo. Slept well. Took another 2.5 mg Lithium Orotate this morning. The hike was beautiful--very sunny day, nature was in full bloom, and the water in lake was warm. Mood crashed again this evening. I am feeling irritable and hopeless. Took 5 mg tonight around bedtime. Trying to practice positive self-talk. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

#4 Laika

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:57 PM

I took things pretty slow yesterday due to my mood. I met up with some friend to play frisbee and came home and did some reading and later some cooking. Mood was very low. I continued with lithium doses in the morning and evening. I took it easy on myself and watched a movie. I was not irritable. It was not a desperate sadness. Just a slow-moving, blahhh sort of soft hopelessness. Typically, I would have zero perspective that my low mood is temporary and I usually have a desperate sort of approach that almost always results on binging on one substance or another. The only thing I binged on last night was some Chinese food. I woke up this morning feeling much better. 

My thoughts seem to be much slower and that constant, nagging background anxiety is gone. I feel much more content in day to day living, which is great because one of the things I struggle most with is the feeling that day to day living is tedious and I feel like a rat on a wheel. 

I want to go off of Lithium for a while--not sure when--to see how things change. I think I'm gonna miss the anxiolytic effects that I'm experiencing. At the very least, I think I've found a new tool in my battle against depression and anxiety.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 Laika

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:18 PM

I'm currently using lithium when I feel like really discontent, dark thoughts, etc. I've found it useful as a sort of sedative.

I'm taking NAC and Sarcosine daily. I usually have a case of "summer blues" in August. We'll have to see how I hold up. I didn't go on vacation this summer due to Covid, which consistently gives me relief from the day in day out grind, monotony, and tedium that I think is the primary symptom of depression I experience. I don't have that this year. The oppressively hot weather will get to me at some point. I think that, if I don't get stuck in a rut this year, I should be able to determine that sarcosine and NAC helped to some extent. If not, it's back to the drawing board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users