OCD needs to stop

ocd mental anxiety

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ironborn

• 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

Hi all.

The last couple of years (6-7) i have been battling severe OCD. I have had lots of therapie with minimal effects, this is because i feel like my OCD is more a brain inbalance of some sort.

Ive read trough the forums about diffrent kind of meds and substances, and tried alot of them.

To me it now really feels as if i have nowhere to go. I feel as if my only option is to desensitize myself from my thoughts.

Does anyone here knows of a substance or possible technique to desensitize yourself from your thoughts?

I know this might sound silly (but its OCD). a short story about my most recent OCD theme;

So I have had a form of OCD for several days now (in the past i had similar OCD themes btw). where I am convinced that I am continuously the cause of a lot of suffering.

It started last sunday while running (something I recently tried to pick up again by the way). The route goes largely through wooded area and on the running trail there are often slugs crossing, I was very aware of this to ensure that I would not step on any of them, but when I got home I was not convinced that I may not have trampled on one or more slugs, i felt a lot of guilt.

This made me immediately super conscious of where I walked and how I walked, this led to the thought that with every footstep, touch etc etc I kill thousands or perhaps millions of microorganisms. Thus I have now reached the point where I have thoughts such as;

* Why is my life (1 life) worth more than all those millions of other lives?

I am now afraid to clean surfaces, for example, because that could kill the microorganisms on that surface. and for what reason? so that it looks 'cleaner'?

I feel like everything we humans do is dominated by selfishness and destruction, and I don't want to be part of such a society.

What also hurts me a lot is that my son, who I love very much, often comes back in these thoughts, I think, for example;

I have to keep it clean at home so he doesn't get sick. But how can I put the life of 1 person above that of millions of other organisms?

So now I have come to the point that I feel I have to accept that I am a mass murderer, because I don't want to make my son a victim of this.

It feels really dark and bad to accept the fact i kill so many lives everyday / moment / hour. Its unfair.

I know that this is how everything is supposed to go, and that the whole universe is about life and death. But why tho? why do we even live? just to feel pain and die?

I am very confused about this, and it also makes me really question the reason why i or why we are here. What is the meaning of all this? all this life and death and suffering but also joy and happiness?

Does anyone knows any substances or has any tips on how to see things in perspective? I feel due to my OCD my perspective on things has completely gone out the window.

I tried the following things;

• SSRI's (currently on 200 mg of sertraline) (effects are minimal but they are noticable)
  • NAC
  • Bunch of nootropics
  • Diffrent kinds of full hemp CBD oils
  • Tramadol
  • Inositol
  • Theanine
  • Diffrent kinds of body and mind detoxes

•  
  • Lots and lots of therapy (somewhat effective but a single stressfull life event can undo all of this).

Im sure ive missed quite some things, since ive been constantly trying to find anything that could help.

#2 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:11 AM

Memantine
An antipsychotic

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:11 AM

Memantine
An antipsychotic
Anti convulsant like pregabaline or topiramate
A benzo

Edited by noos, 30 July 2020 - 04:13 AM.

#4 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:54 PM

i was have sever ocd like you from the beginning of my life but it start being powerful at my 12 years old , i tired a lot of meds like you SSRIs help somewhat but what help more is anafranil

i was getting 38 point of 40 in yell brown ocd scale you can search and took it in google search, now how i overcomed the extreme urge to do stuff repeatedly etc.. buy respiridon!

you need to block the dopamine 2 receptors they the responsible for urge to do stuff super perfectly when they over sensitive ,

you need the start with low dose 0.25mg/day then upper slowly in matter of 9 months to 2mg/day or respiridon will torture buy depression and panic attacks don't listen to doctor, they put me on 2mg which near kill me, many effect will appear after 15 minutes of taking 0.25mg respiridon your yell browen ocd scale rang will down to 21/40 and other effect will better type of walk, less racing thought, better focus, anti restless leg syndrome effect and others and the best anti ocd effect

the urge will be less to do task perfectly, but the full effect need 9 month and higher doses what you need to wait for, you need to take the respiridon every day and it will be long time but listen or upper the dose to fix it soon and get the panic attack and depression instead :)

finally my ocd now despaired and i got just 8/40 point on yell brown ocd scale

if you want other help or just chat we can talking in my instagram: ibtisam.midlet

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:28 PM

Memantine
An antipsychotic
Anti convulsant like pregabaline or topiramate
A benzo

In my opinion, a benzo isn't a long term solution to anything except for some seizure disorders where the options are limited and benzos may be the best of a number of less than ideal choices.

For anxiety or OCD, the chances for tolerance and the concomitant dose escalation are high.  There is an increased prevalence for dementia amongst long term benzo users and they have never really been studied for long term use.

They're useful to get someone out of a bind short term for OCD or anxiety, but long term the downsides are quite significant.

#6 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:17 PM

NAC helped my OCD a lot, but never got rid of it completely. I also suffer from anhedonia and emotional highs and lows.

I'm testing out a theory of mine that this is all down to a parasite in the brain called T.Gondii. It been estimated to effect 60% of the world population, some studies saying 10-33% of the US Population and 10-20% of the UK population. It originally comes from cats, enters into our food supply, and you can get it from all types of food.

The parasite lays cysts in the brain and effects the amygdala neurons. But it also sends tyrosine hydroxylase into overdrive causing excessive dopamine in the brain and screwing up the pleasure/reward system (anhedonia?). Also OCD has been linked to low serotonin (hence why SSRI's can sometimes be effective), so by becoming dopamine dominant due to this parasite, I would imagine could exacerbate OCD symptoms.

But there are studies if you look for them, where T .Gondii has been linked to bipolar, schizophrenia, OCD, and anxiety. So I think it may be the root of my problems, and the fact that it effects such a high proportion of the population, I'll just assume it could be a cause. So I've not just started experimenting getting rid of it using a combination of fenbendazole, resveratrol, and hydroxychloroquine. It's actually been my first day after treatment, and my mind is clear, and I was just now talking to my neighbour without anxiety. But way too early to tell.

Here are some studies for anyone interested:

https://www.scienced...889159114004188

Toxoplasma gondii and anxiety disorders in a community-based sample

Abstract

A growing body of literature suggests that exposure to the neurotropic parasite Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii) is associated with increased risk of mental disorders, particularly schizophrenia. However, a potential association between T. gondii exposure and anxiety disorders has not been rigorously explored. Here, we examine the association of T. gondii infection with both anxiety and mood disorders. Participants (n = 484) were drawn from the Detroit Neighborhood Health Study, a population-representative sample of Detroit residents. Logistic regression was used to examine the associations between T. gondii exposure (defined by seropositivity and IgG antibody levels) and three mental disorders: generalized anxiety disorder(GAD), posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression. We found that T. gondii seropositivity was associated with a 2 times greater odds of GAD (odds ratio (OR), 2.25; 95% confidence interval (CI), 1.11–4.53) after adjusting for age, gender, race, income, marital status, and medication. Individuals in the highest antibody level category had more than 3 times higher odds of GAD (OR, 3.35; 95% CI, 1.41–7.97). Neither T. gondiiseropositivity nor IgG antibody levels was significantly associated with PTSD or depression. Our findings indicate that T. gondii infection is strongly and significantly associated with GAD. While prospective confirmation is needed, T. gondii infection may play a role in the development of GAD.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6457543/

Relationship between toxoplasmosis and obsessive compulsive disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis
Abstract
Background

A few studies investigated the relationship between toxoplasmosis and mental disorders, such as obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). However, the specific nature of the association between Toxoplasma gondii(Tgondii) infection and OCD is not yet clear. The aim of this study was to collect information on the relationship between OCD and toxoplasmosis and assess whether patients with toxoplasmosis are prone to OCD.

Methods

For the purpose of this study, 6 major electronic databases and the Internet search engine Google Scholar were searched for the published articles up to July 30th, 2018 with no restriction of language. The inverse variance method and the random effect model were used to combine the data. The values of odds ratio (OR) were estimated at 95% confidence interval (CI).

Results

A total of 9 case-control and 3 cross-sectional studies were included in our systematic review. However, 11 of these 12 articles were entered into the meta-analysis containing 9873 participants, out of whom 389 were with OCD (25.96% positive for toxoplasmosis) and 9484 were without OCD (17.12% positive for toxoplasmosis). The estimation of the random effect model indicated a significant common OR of 1.96 [95% CI: 1.32–2.90].

Conclusion

This systematic review and meta-analysis revealed that toxoplasmosis could be as an associated factor for OCD (OR = 1.96). However, further prospective investigations are highly recommended to illuminate the underlying pathophysiological mechanisms of Tgondii infection in OCD and to better investigate the relationship between OCD and Tgondii infection.

https://brainblogger...oplasma-gondii/

A considerable amount of schizophrenia susceptibility genes are implicated in the life cycle of pathogens such as Toxoplasma gondii, with these genes having a role not only in immunity, but also in influencing signaling pathways that regulate dopamine-dependent behavior, for example. 

Therefore, another hypothesis explaining the link between Toxoplasma infection and schizophrenia establishes a role for dopamine in these mechanisms. An effect of Toxoplasma infection on increasing the dopamine levels has been experimentally demonstrated in vitro and in mice. Accordingly, dopamine-blocking agents have shown some efficacy in the treatment of this pathology.

However, dopamine and immunological disturbances are not unique to schizophrenia, within the realm of psychiatric disorders. Both have been reported in other pathologies, namely in bipolar disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). On the other hand, no link has so far been found with major depression. Although evidence linking Toxoplasma gondii infection with bipolar disorder and OCD is still less striking, there are indeed indications that it may also be a risk factor in the development of these disorders.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6747942/

Abstract

Toxoplasmosis, which affects more than a billion people worldwide, is a common parasitic infection caused by the obligate intracellular parasite, Toxoplasma gondii. Current treatment strategies have several limitations, including unwanted side effects and poor efficacy. Therefore, newer therapies are needed for toxoplasmosis. Drug repurposing and screening of a vast array of natural and/or synthetic compounds is a viable option for antiparasitic drug discovery. In this study, we screened 62 compounds comprising natural products (NPs) and FDA-approved (FDA) drugs, to identify the hit compounds that suppress the growth of T. gondii. To determine the parasite inhibitory potential of the compounds, host mammalian cells were infected with a transgenic T. gondii strain, and the viability of the parasite was evaluated by luminescence. Of the 62 compounds, tubericidin, sulfuretin, peruvoside, resveratrol, narasin and diacetoxyscirpenol of the natural product isolates, as well as bortezonib, 10-Hydroxycamtothecin, mebendazole, niflumic acid, clindamycin HCl, mecamylamine, chloroquine, mitomycin C, fenbendazole, daunorubicin, atropine, and cerivastatin of FDA molecules were identified as “hits” with ≥ 40 percent anti-parasite action. Additionally, mitomycin C, radicicol, naringenin, gitoxigenin, menadione, botulin, genistin, homobutein, and gelsemin HCl of the natural product isolates, as well as lomofungin, cyclocytidine, prazosin HCl, cerivastatin, camptothecin, flufenamic acid, atropine, daunorubicin, and fenbendazole of the FDA compounds exhibited cytotoxic activity, reducing the host viability by ≥ 30 percent. Our findings not only support the prospects of drug repurposing, but also indicate that screening a vast array of molecules may provide viable sources of alternative therapies for parasitic infection.

This last study shows whats effective at combatting it.

Anyway there's some evidence it could be related or a cause of mental illnesses. I'm not saying it is the cause of my OCD or getting rid of the parasite will cure it. But I'm experimenting down this route as I've pretty much tried most things.

Edited by Jesus is King, 10 September 2020 - 01:23 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 01:47 PM

Listen to the end of this podcast, we get into some surprising unconventional OCD hacks...

8a0c6b7b0642fc69efce9996e6a5a134.jpg

Listen: Biohacks for OCD, SKQ1 as a Skinhack & Psalm 23 for Mental Health [April Biohacking Q&A #28]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users